Xmas Shopping: Qvc Vs The Highstreet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
How much of your Christmas shopping will be/has been don't on QVC?

Ive only just started my Christmas shopping and the majority of it will be from the "Dreaded" high-street or other places online. There are so deals to be had on the high-street atm.

In the Sun today they have a £5 voucher off a £10 spend on stationary, books and Christmas gifts at WHSmith , so that's a gift sorted. Tesco have the club card boost promotion which several more of my gifts will be coming from, Tesco also have 25% off all clothing atm and buy 6 bottles of wine and get 25%off. Morrison's go one better by offering 33% off 6 bottles of wine (excluding champagne and sparkling wine till Saturday). Marks and Spencer have 30% off selected beauty products from the likes of Leighton Denny and Ren.

Its "Black Friday" tomorrow so some of the retailers will have some big savings , the likes of Amazon , Asda and John Lewis so plenty of bargains to be had.

I more than likely will be buying the Laura Geller TSV but that will be for me, I also bought the Elemis Tsv a few weeks ago , the rest of Qvc's offerings have been extremely poor on the run of the Xmas and all year tbh.

I know some people live far away from a big city or aren't able to get to the high street but always shop around either online or at the high street as Qvc is rarely the cheapest place anymore.

Ive said it before but Qvc are so lucky that there isn't another big shopping channel to rival them , as they would be dead in the water by now.

Highstreet all the way! With the exception of the Elemis and possibly L'occitane TSVs everything else including decorations will be coming from the stores or more probably online. As you say all the discounts and reductions are too good to be missed. QVC really need to buck their idea up and get into the real world!

Highstreet all the way! With the exception of the Elemis and possibly L'occitane TSVs everything else including decorations will be coming from the stores or more probably online. As you say all the discounts and reductions are too good to be missed. QVC really need to buck their idea up and get into the real world!

Tesco have a lot of there Xmas decorations at half price already :)

I will be doing most of mine online, and some will be done on the dreaded high street, I don't enjoy the high street like I used to, ignorant members of the public pushing and shoving, pushy sales assistants who hover over you and come out with such inane comments, chuggers on every corner,and endless queues, but there are bargains to be had and online retailers like Amazon really seem to step up a gear and get orders out quickly, I can't believe how uninspiring Q has been of late and I can't see me buying anything between now and Xmas from them, well I might have a nose at the Lulu guinness offering, and with Q's inconsistent delivery service who knows if you order anything from them it will arrive in time? The last kipling bag I had took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive! I did get the elemis Tsv and that arrived in 2 days, but as you say if they had better competition they would really struggle I think. rant over!!

Firstly brilliant question :).
I have bought my mums gift from QVC, and for one sister from there. I am also on advanced orders for a Ego Trip Styling Set (which is for me for Christmas..lol). Got some books as stocking fillers and 80% of my 'at home' families gifts from Amazon. I bought two gorgeous sterling silver gemstone rings for two of my sisters (I have 3), one in smokey topaz and one London blue topaz from a jewellers online.
What I have gone mad on from QVC this year is Christmas decorations, I put this down to having moved and it will be our first Christmas in a bigger house - so I have bought lots of Bethlehem Lights stuff for inside and out, also the flameless candles and those ice tree things that change colour, also the light up poinsettia swag. I must stop watching those sorts of shows! although I do need something as a table piece....lol

Mostly the high street with a bit from other online retailers. Very, very little, if any from QVC this year.
The high street shops seem to be falling over themselves with offers, reductions & deals already, who knows what will happen nearer Christmas...it isn't even December yet! They seem to be trying really hard this year, the threat from online & the prospect of closures looming I suppose.
I might be tempted by the Laura Geller & Honora TSVs but as all my family, bar one, are male don't think I'll be parting with them.

I have mine all done. I buy in the sales during the year and put away. So QVC get no custom from me for those.

I also shop through out the year, and already have most of my Christmas gifts. Nowadays, I do most my shopping online, although I may check things out in the shops first of all, as I prefer the extra protection and extra discounts/cashback that you get shopping online.

I bought 2 Elemis TSVs and the Mally TSV and I think that will be my QVC shopping for this year, as I suspect that the Laura Geller mega-eye palette will be out of my price range for this time of year.

However, although I do most my present shopping online, I have to do food shopping in the supermarket myself. Can't bear someone picking my food for me - I'm really fussy about use by dates, pack sizes etc.

I hate the high street too! I managed to nip into Cath Kidston one quiet day this week and sort my nieces out and all the rest I am getting from other online stores. I have totally fallen out of love with Q so am avoiding them like the plague now, but they sent me an easy pay code today - argh!! I haven't seen anything I want though, so am trying really hard not to break my resolve! I ordered myself a bag off them from Mr Kitten and I opened it to check it wasn't scratched and it was ok, so that may very well be the last thing I buy with them.....

Mainly the high street throughout the year, too, but I did buy 2 slankets from QVC (my sole purchase for months from them). But that's it - all done now except for the wrapping.

My Christmas shopping is done and dusted. I haven`t bought one single present from Q and nowadays the only things I get from them are my SBC ( only if cheaper ), Mally and once in a blue moon I might buy Yankee from them but only if worth the price. I buy some Christmas presents throughout the year from place like Debenhams when they have their discount days or sales. I use Amazon , Ebay, Argento , Boots and other online stores too and always look out for discount days or discount codes.

Amazon all the way for me to be honest. I've had some great bargains this week on their 'Black Friday' deals. One bargain was a lovely boxed collection of 'Lola Rose' soaps. Down from £13.55 to £8.00 with free delivery. If Q had sold them, I would have paid almost 5 or 6 pounds just for the postage! Another bargain was a 'Word Search' clock, (not as tacky as it sounds, honestly), original price £24.95, I paid £7.50, again with free postage. Q will never be able to match deals like that IMO because of the ridiculous P & P charges.

I've done my xmas shopping already. I don't like to start things like decorating and whatnot till as late as possible because I hate how one day takes over half the year, but I have to stagger present buying so I can afford it. I mainly bought from Amazon and the Liz Earle and Elemis websites, no Q this year. I've been buying for myself recently though, and might be tempted by Laura Geller TSV.

Managed to get hold of a second WHSmith voucher out of The Sun, so bought two gifts from there both £11.99 each, with £5 off each using the vouchers. Beat that Qvc :mysmilie_59:

I hate the high street too! I managed to nip into Cath Kidston one quiet day this week and sort my nieces out and all the rest I am getting from other online stores.

Cath Kidston have 15% off everything online at the mo, enter ELF15 at the checkout. I've just got my little girl a man and matching purse set. :up:

There will be little from QVC here this year. I'm staggered at how dull their gifts ideas are. Honestly, I know some might, but how many people would really look forward to unwrapping a GTech vacuum cleaner or Shark Steam mop on the big day? Not to mention their prices. It's a gift for me this time, but I've just purchased some Gale Hayman from my usual shop on ebay for one third of QVC's price, and P&P free! (£11.99, free P&P on ebay, £25.00 plus £2.95 on QVC). Pretty much everything I've seen touted as a gift on QVC (which is basically anything they sell) can be had cheaper elsewhere. Unless you're really stuck and can't shop elsewhere, you'd be better off turning the telly off.

There will be little from QVC here this year. I'm staggered at how dull their gifts ideas are. Honestly, I know some might, but how many people would really look forward to unwrapping a GTech vacuum cleaner or Shark Steam mop on the big day?
If someone bought me one of those they would need a trip to A and E to get it removed!

QVC have had no custom from me this year (nor last I think) and following my trend of the last few years,I've done ALL my shopping online.I've bought from littlewoods,amazon and ebay.Littlewoods is dear but they have good promotional sale weekends.the 3 I've named IMO would be QVC competitors and I've gone with those 3 as their prices have been cheaper and their delivery free.I've bought from foot asylum and JD for my youngest teen but don't feel thats a fair comparison for QVC.

I resisted the latest kipling TSV and I'm going to try and resist the Laura geller TSV.I think theres a kipling Christmas eve tsv??? so I might treat myself to that .

Cath Kidston have 15% off everything online at the mo, enter ELF15 at the checkout. I've just got my little girl a man and matching purse set. :up:

Lord knows why I would buy her a man, she's only 8... That should say a BAG and matching purse set...
:blush:

Latest posts

Back