Yankee Candle Coming Back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Only bought the candles once and I could always smell the underlying scent of paraffin.
I buy meltlets to put in drawers or the airing cupboard.

I am so pleased that it will be Rosa presenting. I shall record it to watch later but do not want to be lured into buying any more until the stash has gone down considerably. So perhaps 2025 then! 😂😂😂 I’ve got so many with matching tarts and tea lights I need to get some storage space back.

£16 for 3 wax melts and 3 votives is ridiculous. I don't have a single Yankee left and as I've no idea where my melt burner is I'll leave well alone. It's a shame because I used to have loads stashed away and used them all the time. I've bought a few things on Q recently (back home now and get all the channels - and it's showing!) so must not spend more.

CC

I just found a huge box of Yankee votives, tarts and Tea lights that QVC sold a few Christmases ago. Its lovely with drawers and christmas themed box.

It’s the Christmas Cookie one I can’t stand. (Red Apple Wreath is one of my favourites because it isn’t a spring apple it has a Christmassy apple scent.) I won’t be buying this.
Red Apple Wreath is a gorgeous candle. One of my absolute favourites

The arse end of this market fell out a long time ago. Yankee were super quick to open brand stores often with little regard for the independents who'd championed their brands in various cities across the country.

Couple that with some of their manufacturing changes and other factors which overall reduced faith in their brand and the fact there are many other brands of good quality on what's left of the market is why you often see their non home inspiration stuff in discount stores etc these days.

The arse end of this market fell out a long time ago. Yankee were super quick to open brand stores often with little regard for the independents who'd championed their brands in various cities across the country.

Couple that with some of their manufacturing changes and other factors which overall reduced faith in their brand and the fact there are many other brands of good quality on what's left of the market is why you often see their non home inspiration stuff in discount stores etc these days.
So true, Stephen who did BA with Rosa on QVC had his own shop and Yankee opened their own brand shop around the corner from him. So his went under.

There is a large chemist up in the local shopping centre, they do have Estée Lauder, Dior, Lancôme, Benefit and Clarins counters. They have always had the proper Yankee Candles large display and always on discount.

I found Debbie Flint completely overbearing and rude during this show, talked over Rosa and doing a lot of the demos herself - didn’t really need Rosa.
I thought that as well. Not just talking sadly, we had the faux orgasmic (well I HOPE it was faux!😱) moaning all the time as she sniffed the candles. I felt sick listening to her, 🤢.

I have never seen a decent YC display or brand shop in London. Quite a few in Clinton’s but that was it really. Then a shop opened in Kingston and I was ecstatic…. But it was a Christmas pop up. I was cast down! I used to buy mine mainly from Q or Temptation Gifts.

Poor Stephen was really screwed over. I would like him to come back but guess it will never happen. I can’t really see his socials but what does he do for a living these days? Is he just an influencer, and if so about what. He has lost a lot of weight I know that.

I thought that as well. Not just talking sadly, we had the faux orgasmic (well I HOPE it was faux!😱) moaning all the time as she sniffed the candles. I felt sick listening to her, 🤢.

I have never seen a decent YC display or brand shop in London. Quite a few in Clinton’s but that was it really. Then a shop opened in Kingston and I was ecstatic…. But it was a Christmas pop up. I was cast down! I used to buy mine mainly from Q or Temptation Gifts.

Poor Stephen was really screwed over. I would like him to come back but guess it will never happen. I can’t really see his socials but what does he do for a living these days? Is he just an influencer, and if so about what. He has lost a lot of weight I know that.
Garden Centres are often a great place to find decent displays of YC candles.

I like Yankee Candle and have a box full of tarts. I keep buying them when I'm out and about. I have a lovely burner with owls sitting on a snowy tree, they have little Santa hats and scarves on and every year I get it out and burn Christmas Eve tarts. Love the Christmas Eve smell.
I prefer the wax tarts to the candles. I have also been told you get the real YC direct from YC but those available in supermarkets, cut price stores, are a very much watered down versions. You can still buy YC from their online shops as I do frequently. I was in my local Dobbies yesterday and their usual YC shelves totally dedicated to YC were almost empty!

I prefer the wax tarts to the candles. I have also been told you get the real YC direct from YC but those available in supermarkets, cut price stores, are a very much watered down versions. You can still buy YC from their online shops as I do frequently. I was in my local Dobbies yesterday and their usual YC shelves totally dedicated to YC were almost empty!
some discount stores acutally do sell the normal housewarmer jars & not the home inspirations range (farm foods is one ive seen doing them) but the choices are very limited

They did for a short while "retire" wax melts but then brought them back in a new sniffable packaging at 2-3 times the price you could pick them up in some stores (can remember the days some shops would sell them for around £1.10!)

Latest posts

Back