Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A local chemist near me was doing buy two large jar candles for £12.99 each and get a free medium jar of your choice. A friend bought these. The chemist always has the large jars at £12.99

A local chemist near me was doing buy two large jar candles for £12.99 each and get a free medium jar of your choice. A friend bought these. The chemist always has the large jars at £12.99

Blimey, that is quite the deal - I don't have a Clintons near me let alone a fantastic local chemist like that!!!!!

I want a chemist like that!!!!!!!! I'd be in there every week!!!! Perhaps it's just as well then....

Now Q have got three sets up at "as is" prices. This can include returns so could you end up with ones they USED within the MBG and then returned? Or would they be just looked at and returned. I think one set is around £15 per jar inc postage (but have closed the page now so may be wrong) which is good if just looked at but NOT if tried.

My daytime stash bag is now full to bursting, oops.

:mysmilie_59:

Blimey, that is quite the deal - I don't have a Clintons near me let alone a fantastic local chemist like that!!!!!

I want a chemist like that!!!!!!!! I'd be in there every week!!!! Perhaps it's just as well then....

Now Q have got three sets up at "as is" prices. This can include returns so could you end up with ones they USED within the MBG and then returned? Or would they be just looked at and returned. I think one set is around £15 per jar inc postage (but have closed the page now so may be wrong) which is good if just looked at but NOT if tried.

My daytime stash bag is now full to bursting, oops.

Yes, I just had to stop myself checking cheap deals on travel across the Irish Sea but I figured I would need to buy the whole stock to make it pay!

Re the "As Is" Yankees, I confess I bought the Christmas Escape duo when it was available a couple of months ago (about £4 cheaper then so £10 a jar). I don't think they would be to your taste but I was really pleased to receive them - I can see no signs of use/damage/defect.

There are four "As Is" sets at the moment (see here). I can't believe they are still trying to get shot of the Yankee advent calendars. All the shops sold them off at proper sale prices weeks and weeks ago. The Q ones, including P&P, are over £15 each so of course they're still selling them nearly 4 months after 1 December - I got one in January for £9.98. And when will they ever learn that knocking 10% off and calling it clearance (like this set) means you will be stuck with old Christmas stock for ever?

Glad you liked it and it was pristine. The beach one sounds nice but I couldn't be doing with the cookie one I'm afraid. Mind you in Clintons where I had like a personal shopper at the YC stand (I know!!!!!) she couldn't believe me when I said I don't like Vanilla Cupcake.... gorgeous, my favourite she said! Then when I said I could never smell Black Cherry I think she thought I was a bit of an odd case as I believe she adores that one too!

Oh and whilst I think of it, they had wedding day and I thought it smelt a bit peppery.... anyone agree or had I oversniffed by then and lost the plot?

Having been alerted to the new YC as is sets, I immediately went and bought the one with Icicles and Strawberry Lemon Ice (I love both of those) as the candle hoarding madness overtook me once more...have now come to my senses and cancelled the order.

I need to get home and get some red wine down my neck methinks

Having been alerted to the new YC as is sets, I immediately went and bought the one with Icicles and Strawberry Lemon Ice (I love both of those) as the candle hoarding madness overtook me once more...have now come to my senses and cancelled the order.

I need to get home and get some red wine down my neck methinks

Many of my questionable online purchases happen after red wine Tarketta, be careful! :giggle::mysmilie_866:

Well I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, Tarketta, but....... that Icicles set if GORGEOUS, Cranberry Ice is in it and that is a stunner. I was hoping that might be in Clinton's sale but no, wrong time of year I guess for it to be in stock. Mind you they had Cinnamon Stick.

Many of my questionable online purchases happen after red wine Tarketta, be careful! :giggle::mysmilie_866:

CRAAAAAAAP, I didn't even think of that, I was just concentrating on calming my candle hoarding fervour - gah!!!!

Well I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, Tarketta, but....... that Icicles set if GORGEOUS, Cranberry Ice is in it and that is a stunner. I was hoping that might be in Clinton's sale but no, wrong time of year I guess for it to be in stock. Mind you they had Cinnamon Stick.

I love both Icicles and Strawberry Lemon Ice (talk about mouthwatering) but I have about 15 Xmas candles in the stash, waiting patiently to be burned and I just can't justify this purchase....even though I want it sooooo badly :(

Glad you liked it and it was pristine. The beach one sounds nice but I couldn't be doing with the cookie one I'm afraid. Mind you in Clintons where I had like a personal shopper at the YC stand (I know!!!!!) she couldn't believe me when I said I don't like Vanilla Cupcake.... gorgeous, my favourite she said! Then when I said I could never smell Black Cherry I think she thought I was a bit of an odd case as I believe she adores that one too!

Oh and whilst I think of it, they had wedding day and I thought it smelt a bit peppery.... anyone agree or had I oversniffed by then and lost the plot?

I got adopted by the Clintons sales girl yesterday myself! Maybe this is a new policy? I think she just wanted a break from re-stocking the Yankee shelves. I was taken on a little tour of her favourites - that's how I came to consider the Sicilian Lemon we were talking about on the previous page.

I suspected you would not like the Cookie Swap, Mazza! Although it's quite like Vanilla Cupcake, which I've gone off a bit, there is a slight nuttiness (I think). I've only smelt it unlit though.

I'm not a fan of Wedding Day or any "white florals" so I can't really comment on pepperiness or otherwise.

Maybe Tarketta is thinking of drinking so much red wine, she's incapable of ordering (or doing) anything?

AndiK, have we met?!?!

Ha ha, it's just that you are a girl after my own heart!

By the way, I am SO impressed by your ability to think about an online purchase you've just made and then cancel it. Honestly, you are putting me to shame, especially after my three consecutive days of visits to Clintons. (I was only looking today, honest!) Then again, the main reason for my own attempts to cut back the past six months has been to reduce my QVC purchases - it just so happens I used to buy lots of Yankees so both have lessened.

Ha ha, it's just that you are a girl after my own heart!

By the way, I am SO impressed by your ability to think about an online purchase you've just made and then cancel it. Honestly, you are putting me to shame, especially after my three consecutive days of visits to Clintons. (I was only looking today, honest!) Then again, the main reason for my own attempts to cut back the past six months has been to reduce my QVC purchases - it just so happens I used to buy lots of Yankees so both have lessened.

Ha, LOVE IT!!!!!

As for my new-found 'sensible' head, it's almost entirely due to the fact I was 'economical with the truth' when asked by my other half (who's 14 years younger than me and shamefully good at saving) about how much I had on my credit card and we'll be applying for a buy to let mortgage in a few months, so I HAVE to cut down on my spending otherwise I'll be living in the dog house...literally! I'm hoping the new-found 'sensible' attitude will stick...

:mysmilie_465:

Hopefully that will make you feel a bit better as your vow was to curtail spending money with Q and you've definitely done that!

Curses!!! I bought the "As Is" set - the only one I've not smelled and loved is the Cranberry Ice... I've had my eye on this set for ages.

Wedding Day has a strong whiff of paraffin for me, which unfortunately swamps the floral notes.

I'm currently planning a visit to Boundary Mills around Easter to see what they have in stock. I console myself with the fact I'm looking for specific candles (preferably from last summer and autumn) so hopefully won't get completely carried away.

Meantime, I will go for another sniff of the most recent candle releases in Brent Cross soon. The only one of the Pure Essences this time I actually liked the smell of was the Linden Tree... really wasn't fussed at all by the others... then the Coastal Living range all smelled a bit "meh" to me - even though my favourite scent family is the more ozonic seaside stuff.

Donna, I'm sure I'd have been convincing myself I needed candles with an offer like the one your local chemist had!

Curses!!! I bought the "As Is" set - the only one I've not smelled and loved is the Cranberry Ice... I've had my eye on this set for ages.

So have I!!! Am hoping it will sell out imminently. I've had more than enough candle action lately.

Wedding Day has a strong whiff of paraffin for me, which unfortunately swamps the floral notes.

I'm currently planning a visit to Boundary Mills around Easter to see what they have in stock. I console myself with the fact I'm looking for specific candles (preferably from last summer and autumn) so hopefully won't get completely carried away.

Meantime, I will go for another sniff of the most recent candle releases in Brent Cross soon. The only one of the Pure Essences this time I actually liked the smell of was the Linden Tree... really wasn't fussed at all by the others... then the Coastal Living range all smelled a bit "meh" to me - even though my favourite scent family is the more ozonic seaside stuff.

Donna, I'm sure I'd have been convincing myself I needed candles with an offer like the one your local chemist had!

:grin:

I bought a Scenterpiece warmer this morning in Hallmark in Gretna for £14.99.
It's this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010M5TVY8/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
I think I may have got a bargain?
I only bought two of the melt cups after your posts saying you can use the wax melts in it as I have loads of those now.

They had lots of candles, all sizes & votives. They were selling new stock large jars, like the ones in the TSV, for £19 instead of £23.
I might have risked some of the ones reduced to £8 for large jars but I was already loaded up with Easter eggs, chocolates & some things from M&S & it's a long walk back to the car park that has enough space for our motorhome.

I used to be a big fan of Yankee Candle but I now find them not to keep there scent for long and smell of nothing within hours. whether they have changed then somehow over the years I don't know but they are def not a strong scent as I had hoped for. I purchased the plug ins - all 3 packs they had on and you can't even smell them unless sitting next to the plug.

That was indeed a bargain you got there, Breeze! I have the Robyn scenterpiece too, it's lovely looking and my friends all think it's an ornament/vase before I tell them of the Yankee joy it brings :)

I bought a Scenterpiece warmer this morning in Hallmark in Gretna for £14.99.
It's this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010M5TVY8/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
I think I may have got a bargain?
I only bought two of the melt cups after your posts saying you can use the wax melts in it as I have loads of those now.

They had lots of candles, all sizes & votives. They were selling new stock large jars, like the ones in the TSV, for £19 instead of £23.
I might have risked some of the ones reduced to £8 for large jars but I was already loaded up with Easter eggs, chocolates & some things from M&S & it's a long walk back to the car park that has enough space for our motorhome.

£14.99 is not a bad price it has been quite a bit cheaper before elsewhere but thats still a good price

Latest posts

Back