Yankee Candle TSV Monday 16th January 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I popped into the YC stockist near work today and they had loads of Xmas fragrances still although now massively reduced. Only saw one of the new fragrances - the White Gardenia which smelt gorgeous.

Well, I must be in a minority here because the smell of Yankee candles gets right in the back of my throat(iykwim) and makes me cough.

My yankee tsv arrived today, and the true rose is absolutely gorgeous, and so is the gardenia - but I am not liking the beach flowers because all I can smell is melon - so will probably give that one as a gift. I opted for the auto-delivery, but may cancel because I don't like the food smells apart from the citrus ones, I am more a floral gal and I can see most of them going to other people - still it may take some Christmas pressure off......

I really love some of the Yankee fragrances but hate those clunky looking jars so I only ever buy the tea lights or the little candles. Would like to buy bigger sizes but the jars are not at all to my taste. Guess I could hide them in a large holder but I wish they would make more streamlined simple containers.

Perhaps you would prefer their double wick candles, they come in very simple straight sided jars and burn better and more evenly.
I found a large Wisteria YC in TKMaxx today, half price and no p&p, so couldn't resist it. Am burning it now, it's lovely, but then I much prefer the flowery fragrances - am not a fan of the foody ones.

I didnt order the TSV but am desperate to try the true rose
Am trying to find some tea lights but they all seem to be out of stock :sad:
Dont want to buy them in the kit that qvc have either as not great value and dont want the others

I thought Yankeecandle.co.uk have the rose fragrance one Bluebell, as do Yankee.co.uk. I bought the TSV and am happy with all three, but especially the rose, which smells lovely. Even hubby commented when he came home yesterday lol

I thought Yankeecandle.co.uk have the rose fragrance one Bluebell, as do Yankee.co.uk. I bought the TSV and am happy with all three, but especially the rose, which smells lovely. Even hubby commented when he came home yesterday lol

Thanks WR, yankee.co.uk are sold out of the tealights, I also tried yankee doodle but they dont have
but my search never came up with yankeecandle :confused2:
which do indeed have them although other sites are cheaper and P&P is also cheaper elsewhere

BlueBell - I'm sure YankeeDoodle said that since they stopped dealing with YC they would never be stocking new ranges etc - apologies if I am wrong, but I am sure Richard did. Apart from older ranges and special offers I always buy from YankeeScents4U.com now, they offer free gifts too. Just checked on the ladies website and they have True Rose Tea Lights showing up as in stock!!! They have them for £5.99 and they also do USA exclusives etc. Good luck!! The ScentedCandleShop is another one I deal with, but they don't seem to have the newer fragrances yet.

Can't remember the price in Clintons. It's local so no p&p to think about. They had tealights and the big jars. Will pop back at the week end to see if they have the other two new ones. I love fresh rose and also the Christmas rose so have a feeling I will like the new rose too!

My local garden centre has the new fragrances and the girlie knows I love my Yankee candles so she let me sniff them before she was allowed to put them on display. I went back and bought the True Rose but I didn't expect it to be much different to Fresh Cut Roses but it is. It's more warm and spicy. More like a velvety red rose would smell. They're not the cheapest but there's no p&p and it's on my way to/from work so there's no real cost in petrol or parking either.

The gardenia is definitely my next purchase. I always buy small candles or tarts before buying the bigger candles in case I don't like them.

You are on the ball thinking about Valentine's Day. I hadn't given it a thought!

Latest posts

Back