YBF - Eyebrow Pencil now on Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received my call from them this evening saying that mine were going to be shipped on 20th May. I also ordered on 18th April. :sad:

Now I remember why I stopped buying from them too!!!!!

Hmmmm sounds like IW don't actually have the stock yet, not good if they are taking peoples money when they don't have the items to ship.

Wonder how long it will take for people to start complaining about delivery on the YBF site!!!

Last edited:
I had a call a couple of days ago too, the charming chap (not at all like the PhoneJacker's Sevice provisings character) said the stock was delayed arriving from the States. Ok this might just be an excuse but that could be Stacey's or the Iceland Volcano Cloud's fault.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate because I've never had any problems with IW orders, that's not to diminish the annoyance of thers who have been messed around, just my experience.

Luckily I'm in no hurry, I'm still using my Models Prefer stash.

Jude xx

I had the same call on saturday night really late from a man with a strong accent, I would guess Indian so it would be IW although he didn't say so. He apologised and said the delay was due to the supplier failing to deliver in time and promised delivery by 12th May I thought but it was probably 20th as said to other peeps. He did ask if I was prepared to accept the delay and still wanted the product. Said yes so I hope they don't break as in the demo by Ellis.

It is a bit annoying that they sold all the products without actually having the stock in the UK. They told me something about the stock being delayed due to the volcanic ash.

The most annoying thing is the money was taken off my card straight away!!!!

I had the same call on saturday night really late from a man with a strong accent, I would guess Indian so it would be IW although he didn't say so. He apologised and said the delay was due to the supplier failing to deliver in time and promised delivery by 12th May I thought but it was probably 20th as said to other peeps. He did ask if I was prepared to accept the delay and still wanted the product. Said yes so I hope they don't break as in the demo by Ellis.

It is a bit annoying that they sold all the products without actually having the stock in the UK. They told me something about the stock being delayed due to the volcanic ash.

The most annoying thing is the money was taken off my card straight away!!!!

I had "the call" too - at ten minutes to ten on Friday night! I was told they could promise delivery by 12th May (although it is still showing as 20th May online).

I think it's dreadful that the money was taken when the order was placed and will not be ordering with IW again after this.

My friend ordered the Pick of the day from YBF where it was stated at £39.99, in the morning the price was £29.99, she has just looked at her account and the £10.00 difference has not been refunded, she has been on the phone about this to ideal world CS. (what a laugh) they disputed this and she went mad she she quoted that she had a recording of the programme where it was stated about the wrong price, so conviently they remembered,
My advice ladies check your account if you ordered when the YBF was on at 9pm and make sure you get your £10.00 refund, or iDEAL WORLD will pocket the your money.
Slightley off subject, I have noticed when they do Flexi Basket, they always round up the number ie the price is £29.99 flexi basket cost of 2 payment of £15.00. I know I'm not a genius but to me that is £30.00, so where are all the pennies going?????????:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Ideal World what a complete shambles. Someone claims to have received theirs 29 april via an IW review.

Slightley off subject, I have noticed when they do Flexi Basket, they always round up the number ie the price is £29.99 flexi basket cost of 2 payment of £15.00. I know I'm not a genius but to me that is £30.00, so where are all the pennies going?????????:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

My goodness, that extra penny for the convenience of splitting the payment into two halves and rounding up to the nearest whole pound seems to really infuriate you. IMO the fact that you're complaining about 2 monthly payments of £15 instead of two monthly payments of £14.99 + ½ penny for the convenience of splitting the payment over 2 months is ludicrous.

My goodness, that extra penny for the convenience of splitting the payment into two halves and rounding up to the nearest whole pound seems to really infuriate you. IMO the fact that you're complaining about 2 monthly payments of £15 instead of two monthly payments of £14.99 + ½ penny for the convenience of splitting the payment over 2 months is ludicrous.

Not quite so ludicrous if you add up the number of pennies on all the purchases by the thousands of customers they have.

But then again every penny counts these days, and the money (no matter how tiny a sum it is) is better off in our pockets than lining the coffers of Ideal World. How come QVC can manage to sort out easy-pays exactly, but IW can't?

My goodness, that extra penny for the convenience of splitting the payment into two halves and rounding up to the nearest whole pound seems to really infuriate you. IMO the fact that you're complaining about 2 monthly payments of £15 instead of two monthly payments of £14.99 + ½ penny for the convenience of splitting the payment over 2 months is ludicrous.[/QUOTE

I'm complaining about Ideal world cheating people over a penny, as before ,Cavegirl has stated every penny counts, why can they not take the penny off the postage?

Not quite so ludicrous if you add up the number of pennies on all the purchases by the thousands of customers they have.

I seem to remember that Richard Pryor's character in Superman III came up with the idea of diverting all the rounded up cents in the bank to his account as it would mount up to a fortune! This is a practice called " Salami Slicing" or "Penny Shaving" and it does happen! :nod:

Here's a definition :

"Salami slicing is a series of many minor actions, often performed by clandestine means, that together results in a larger action that would be difficult or illegal to perform at once.

An example of salami slicing, also known as penny shaving, is the fraudulent practice of stealing money repeatedly in extremely small quantities, usually by taking advantage of rounding to the nearest cent (or other monetary unit) in financial transactions. It would be done by always rounding down, and putting the fractions of a cent into another account. The idea is to make the change small enough that any single transaction will go undetected."

Now I'm not suggesting anything or accusing anyone but just wanted to point out that it does happen in business. :cheeky:

I seem to remember that Richard Pryor's character in Superman III came up with the idea of diverting all the rounded up cents in the bank to his account as it would mount up to a fortune! This is a practice called " Salami Slicing" or "Penny Shaving" and it does happen! :nod:

Here's a definition :

"Salami slicing is a series of many minor actions, often performed by clandestine means, that together results in a larger action that would be difficult or illegal to perform at once.

An example of salami slicing, also known as penny shaving, is the fraudulent practice of stealing money repeatedly in extremely small quantities, usually by taking advantage of rounding to the nearest cent (or other monetary unit) in financial transactions. It would be done by always rounding down, and putting the fractions of a cent into another account. The idea is to make the change small enough that any single transaction will go undetected."

Now I'm not suggesting anything or accusing anyone but just wanted to point out that it does happen in business. :cheeky:

Wasn't there once a case of a post office cashier who had, for something like thirty years, removed a penny from post office savings accounts on a fairly regular (but not obvious) basis. He stole thousands without anyone noticing. He wasn't greedy, he was just steady and relied on the fact that people wouldn't bother to inquire (or even notice) as to where a penny had gone. Ideal world are doing pretty much the same thing (but in clear view) that extra penny from potentially thousands of people will soon mount up. How much would it have to be before people started to really complain?? 5 pence, 10 pence, a pound???. It is the principal and not the amount that is in question.

Latest posts

Back