Yet More £10 Credit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Multi Grill is on now, the Halogen is on Bid. Birkett is sounding increasingly desperate. Have you heard the way he always says 'ladies and gentlemen'? He sound like a really dodgy Cabaret compere. Then he was selling a Stuhrling watch, thankfully he didn't shift many as the same item is a full £40 cheaper on the website, disgraceful.

Even Andy H sounds like he can't be arsed today. He did say something funny though, he said 'Peter Simon is coming on and it's award winning, don't know where he got that from' ha ha.

Last edited:
It's struck me that they're using these vouchers now to hide their exhoribitant charges. After the complaint was upheld by the ASA regarding how they were telling customers they were getting something for X amount of pounds, when in fact they frequently ended up paying more than double and they've had to be upfront and honest, they've obviously frantically had someone on the case devising ways as to how to cover up the extra charges again. Eureka, he or she shouted! Lets give 'em an offer, let's make it a tenner 'cause thats around the same price as the extras - The customer won't mind spending out the extras 'cause they're getting it back anyway with the voucher, but wait, here's the really clever bit, the voucher's going to be next to useless and you can pretty much guarantee that most people who qualify won't even bother using it once they've read the terms and conditions - Genius, and even more genius, if the customer get's a dodgy unit, or something they're not that happy with, they'll be even less likely to return it once they've had phone us up, fork out for the return postage and of course lose the value of the voucher 'cause they'll get ten pounds knocked off the cost of the item -Kerching!!!!!

Tonight I've noticed there's a glitch on the website. I know I promised myself I wasn't going to shop with them again, unless something was brilliant, well I've just seen an item that would be more than ideal for my friend's birthday present, but there's a problem with the website. You log in, no problem, you put your item in the basket no problem, but when you press checkout it asks you to log in again, but this time it doesn't allow you to do it. I'm so cynical about this company, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a deliberate attempt to earn more revenue in telephone calls, customers ringing C/S in their droves to report the problem and place the order with the call centre....GGRR. I'm not bliddy ringing them, they can stick it. I'll have another couple of tries, but if it's still no good, then they've lost my custom!

Last edited:
Dirty Peter was selling a 9ct Gold Chain. They didn't show it being modelled in person but merely on the big screen or a turntable so it was really hard to be sure of its actual size other than it was 18" long. He kept saying 'it's a good gram weight' then eventually mumbled 'it's nearly A gram of gold'.

No ****** wonder Helen didn't model it, you'd need a magnifying glass!

Last edited:
I think the voucher offer will end tonight on bid because the £20 credit spend time starts tomorrow, Would you be able to spend it on anything at all if this promotion was still on as the terms say you can't use it with any other promotion?

I can't see them letting you buy something with your £10 credit + get another £10 credit to spend next month

Last edited:
I think the voucher offer will end tonight on bid because the £20 credit spend time starts tomorrow, Would you be able to spend it on anything at all if this promotion was still on as the terms say you can't use it with any other promotion?

I can't see them letting you buy something with your £10 credit + get another £10 credit to spend next month

You make an excellent point. We know you can't use them on items that cost less than £10, you can't combine them to make a purchase, you can't use them on easybuy or on products with free P+P. If you can't use them on products that come with another credit and they keep on doing free credit days then the value of such credits is drastically diminished.

Maybe we need to get this point clarified?

If you can't use them on products that come with another credit and they keep on doing free credit days then the value of such credits is drastically diminished.

Maybe we need to get this point clarified?

With careful timing they can easily make any 'credits' effectively worthless by offering vouchers with narrow time periods for redemption; a months' worth of £10 credits that can only be spent over a period of two weeks during which there's a £20 promotion that's valid for only five days in the following month, etc., therefore unless there are more than a small number of genuine products the vouchers can be legitimately spent on (those products will most likely be £10/£20 overpriced anyway), there's only one word that can apply to this promotion.

SCAM.

Another one for the ASA, Trading Standards and Ofcom, I think.

With careful timing they can easily make any 'credits' effectively worthless by offering vouchers with narrow time periods for redemption; a months' worth of £10 credits that can only be spent over a period of two weeks during which there's a £20 promotion that's valid for only five days in the following month, etc., therefore unless there are more than a small number of genuine products the vouchers can be legitimately spent on (those products will most likely be £10/£20 overpriced anyway), there's only one word that can apply to this promotion.

SCAM.

Another one for the ASA, Trading Standards and Ofcom, I think.

I haven't watched all of the sales but from what I have seen on both channels today there have been very few products you could use your newly active £20 credit on, most products have been sub £10 items.

Panjaban £9.99
Begonias £9.99
Sandals £1
Coryse Salome was £14.99 but hey presto dropped to £9.99 just before the clock appeared and then dropped to £7.99
3 PC Scarf Set was £11.99 and just before the clock started it dropped to £9.99 to which Frumpy Arse said 'that wasn't planned it shouldn't have gone that low'. I beg to differ.
6 PC Boxer Shorts was £30 and then £9.99
Kickers Jumper £7.99
Sage Loafers £9.99

You could buy a 3PC Weekend Bag/Scarf set for £14.99 but you should have seen the state of them, complete and utter tatt. You could also the Potato Kit (£14.99) however, I could be wrong but I think it's not usually this expensive.

Last edited:
Sage Loafers eventually went for £7.99
Men's Tank Tops £2.50
Body Essentials 2 PC Vests £4.99
Men's 2PC Lounge Pants was £60 then £11.99 but just before the clock started they dropped to £9.99 even though they were selling really well, one size was gone!
Men's Boat Shoes £2.99
Shaving Set £4.99
2 PC Leggings Set £4.99

Good luck everyone if you can spend your credits.

Last edited:
Sage Loafers eventually went for £7.99
Men's Tank Tops £2.50
Body Essentials 2 PC Vests £6.99
Men's 2PC Lounge Pants was £60 then £11.99 but just before the clock started they dropped to £9.99 even though they were selling really well and were approaching limited stock.

Good luck everyone if you can spend your credits!

Hopefully most people would have learnt by now that life's too short to spend watching hour upon hour of them wittering on about bits of foliage and plastic crap just in case something should come up that they're able to buy! It's supposed to be a reward, not a blinking chore, it's bad enough that you can't take the cost off the p&p, let's face it it's less than £10 so everybody would benefit, but no, that would be too useful! Seriously I'm getting more hacked off with these bugg*rs by the minute!

I haven't watched all of the sales but from what I have seen on both channels today there have been very few products you could use your newly active £20 credit on, most products have been sub £10 items.

Panjaban £9.99
Begonias £9.99
Sandals £1
Coryse Salome was £14.99 but hey presto dropped to £9.99 just before the clock appeared and then dropped to £7.99
3 PC Scarf Set was £11.99 and just before the clock started it dropped to £9.99 to which Frumpy Arse said 'that wasn't planned it shouldn't have gone that low'. I beg to differ.
6 PC Boxer Shorts was £30 and then £9.99
Kickers Jumper £7.99
Sage Loafers £9.99

You could buy a 3PC Weekend Bag/Scarf set for £14.99 but you should have seen the state of them, complete and utter tatt. You could also the Potato Kit (£14.99) however, I could be wrong but I think it's not usually this expensive.

If that was the same ones Dirty Peter and Helen had on yesterday, with the scarf tied round the handle, I'm almost sure it went for £7.99.

Hopefully most people would have learnt by now that life's too short to spend watching hour upon hour of them wittering on about bits of foliage and plastic crap just in case something should come up that they're able to buy! It's supposed to be a reward, not a blinking chore, it's bad enough that you can't take the cost off the p&p, let's face it it's less than £10 so everybody would benefit, but no, that would be too useful! Seriously I'm getting more hacked off with these bugg*rs by the minute!

I read on their FB page a few weeks ago that someone had accumulated fifty quids worth. Imagine trying to spend that little lot!

If that was the same ones Dirty Peter and Helen had on yesterday, with the scarf tied round the handle, I'm almost sure it went for £7.99.

Indeed, anything you can use them on seems inflated in price (Potato Kit and the heavy Duty Shelving not to mention the 3 bag and scarf monstrosity).

I read on their FB page a few weeks ago that someone had accumulated fifty quids worth. Imagine trying to spend that little lot!

Good luck to them with that! Here we go again:-

Multi Coloured Bangles £2.03
Pristine Valet Kit £6.99
LED Lights £2.50
2 PC Top and Printed Trouser Set £7.99
Multi Grill £5.99

There's a bit of pattern forming here isn't there? The Miracle Blades went for £15.99 though which is a good buy.

Last edited:
Roc Cream £9.99
Yet more Coryse Salome £9.99
RazorPir £5.55
More Panjaban £9.99
More Tops and Leggings £4.99
Not a Dr Cringle's Ankle Boots £7.99

I'd declare this is pretty shameless but I doubt you would expect anything else.

Last edited:
Towels £9.99
Court Shoes £3.99
Headphones were £12.99 but just before the clock went to £9.99
2 PC Jumpsuit £4.99
Pillows 1p

Even by Sit Up's standards this is an absolute disgrace. It's as if they are asking for complaints (which of course they'll get), there has barely been anything on either channel you could use those credits on today, the very day a whole tranche of them became valid. You could buy some hanging baskets with the credits though (£14.99), but at £25 all in for 4 it's hardly a bargain in the first place compared to elsewhere.

What's even worse is they are banging on about their returns policy, who on earth would bother when everything costs nearly a tenner in charges to get the sub £10 items in the first place.

Shameful, this shower need putting down :angry:

Last edited:
Imagine working for Bid calling back buyers that haven't read the T's&C's?

Stressful to say the least I would imagine

Indeed Momma, I feel sorry for the front line staff. Still, at least Sit Up have pocketed the call charge (of course you MUST call to use your credit) and what chance the person will proceed with the order anyway?

KERCHING!

Indeed Momma, I feel sorry for the front line staff. Still, at least Sit Up have pocketed the call charge (of course you MUST call to use your credit) and what chance the person will proceed with the order anyway?

KERCHING!

Yes I suppose, while in shock, they'd just proceed with the order, some of them anyway.

BUT would they return? I certainly wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back