Yong Kim Top TSV 07/01/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just turned on YK at midday to see what a state Ingrid looks. I wasn't disappointed!

Nice to see Chloe back though.

Personally I don't like YK pieces, this TSV looks overpriced for what it is ( as most of the range) & the back inset panel is neither a match in colour to the rest of the garment or a contrast.

Apparently Ingrid can justify the price ..on the launch with JF she had to do more digging than usual when she said said Jill was `thin` after asking her size which was said to be 8 then proceeded top tell her she didn`t get lost in it !! Think she needs to stop when she`s ahead ..if she ever is!! I want to know what the `twist` is she is always banging on about !! She said with this TSV you can go up or down.. looking at the fit on shoulders and neck I would`t have thought so ...so for some more P&P wasted !!
I think they must have been reading the questions on here about Yong Kim as Ingrid gave a biog saying how wonderful she was and trained in retail rather than design. OH said you do listen to some twaddle lol
Also classic isn`t a term I would use in connection with Yong Kim !

I watched the showing of the launch hour and OMG! Ingrid Tarrant is a joke, why she is there 'fronting' the range is beyond all comprehension. She had actually never seen a couple of the items before and got details about some items wrong too, hardly the brand ambassador! Jill and Ingrid were not listening to each other either and it was laughable in places as they merrily talked over each other, fighting for supremicy it would seem, whilst just both looking like petulant children.
I did hear Ingrid try and justify £70+ for a t-shirt with the fact it would wash and wash..... well I have a 4.99 george from asda T-shirt which has been washed at least 50 times and still in great shape and colour.....
For my 2p worth about the styles too, the TSV looked like a sack on the thinner models and pretty much all of the tops looked very thin material, like Primark t-shirts, and baggy and saggy, with no discernable shape to them. I am no style diva by any means and 90% of my clothes come from charity shops or Tesco, but I wouldn't wear any of the stuff out of the house, only to maybe sleep or garden in.
Absolutely classic viewing though, with Ingrid acting like a senile old bint, dragged in from the street who thought everything was "very exciting" but didn't know a thing about any of the items, whilst offering washing advice which directly went against the label advice.

Have the measurements on the website been changed?

There are 2 curt questions regarding the sizes but they don't look untoward to me for the range.

Someone posted this on Q`s facebook page. She said she`d had other tops from the seller and they`d been really good quality. They do up to size 22 I think and in 2 colourways
top.JPG

That black 'teapot' shaped outfit Ingrid wore was unbelievably awful. And she informed us that although the items say 'hand wash' she doesn't know anyone who doesn't wash them successfully in their machine. She helpfully explained that they put 'hand wash only' so that if anything goes wrong it's our fault not the company's. Thanks a bunch!

Ingrid is one sandwich short of a picnic

Boy but she comes out with some crackers. I don't think she lives in the real world.

Ingrid is one sandwich short of a picnic

Boy but she comes out with some crackers. I don't think she lives in the real world.

She is a bit scatty . It was funny when she was giving the washing advice ,the presenter JF I think,was saying to wash on the hand wash cycle, Ingrid was adamant you don't need to do that, 40 degree wash is fine,that's what she does.........

Presenter rapidly changed the subject moving on .........

Last edited:
Now Pipa is one of my favourite presenters on Q, but I blame her for Ingrid.
Apparently it was her idea for Ingrid to front the brand after they'd met on a radio show together.

Latest posts

Back