Your favourite, and worst, QVC guest presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agree about Fiona, she isn't a very good advert for Decleor. I can't take her seriously when she keeps going on about how those products will iron out all the lines and wrinkles. And how every thing is "incredible" she also always goes on about how she created that cleansing moose all by herself.

Ooh, like the sound of the cleansing moose. Is that what this one's doing?

image.jpg

Oh god, you just reminded me about him. I have nothing but loathing and contempt for that vile excuse for a human being. And believe me, I'm holding back here.

Cant stand him either . Hes back tonight at midnight , his tsv is on the web if anyone wants it , I wont post the link because I don't agree with his morals or ethics, the awful man :down:

I remember mousse. Was very popular in the 80s. My mum had a big can of V05 studio style hair mousse back in 1987. One day I took the can and squirted out the mousse to see how much was in there. It filled the sink and created a giant ball of foam hundreds of times bigger than the can. My mum was not pleased to say the least as I had wasted all the mousse just to fill out the kitchen.

I like the Quacker Factory rep Patrick, I'm probably not watching to buy but he's intelligent and funny and doesn't rely exclusively on repeating the same superlatives for every item, so an hour doesn't leave me wishing I'd done some housework instead!

Ah yes! The Quacker man, where's he been? I expect he'll be back near Christmas with his novelty sweatshirts. I'm not being mean, I think he's great - love watching him.

Had to laugh (very meanly) at Julius' description of the Decleor lady. I wish she'd bring back some of those really good TSV's we used to get - not padded out with tons of body products. It's our FACE we want to look younger, bodies can be covered with clothes.

My worst ever presenter was Rob Locke. Hope you did find a girlfriend eventually you whingeing sad git.

CC

Oh god, you just reminded me about him. I have nothing but loathing and contempt for that vile excuse for a human being. And believe me, I'm holding back here.

He reminds me of Deputy Dawg! I have to turn off, can't STAND him. Also dislike the Benefit cosmetics woman. Everytime she puts make up on someone it looks like its gone on with a trowel, Her superlong nails are disgusting and look unhygienic!

My favourite is Rosa from YC who seems like a very jolly woman and I really sympathise with her when she has to deal with JF as the presenter banging on about interior design and how one would place the YC item in question!

I do not really like the current Liz Earle woman as she speaks so quickly I can barely follow, and that is often the case with the Christmas "novelty items" presenters too. Oh and the Kitchen Aid (??the mixers) lady who is also nice but hard to understand! These do not bother me too much though as I mainly watch YC and beauty shows

The Nina Leonard man irritates me - he won't shut up and sometimes calls the gorgeous models "giants" - how rude! Basso is, well, nuff said already. But I love the Clarks lady, very elegant and informative, Marie Francoise of Kipling, Keeley of Elemis, and Fiona of Decleor.

Kee & Fi the sound-bite queens, I can almost finish every sentence they utter.

Kee & Fi the sound-bite queens, I can almost finish every sentence they utter.

LOL those two just repeat the same lines over and over. Like "renowned in the industry" they also nick each others words/phrases.
I have noticed Keeley has started saying "turbo charge" a lot which is one of Fiona's favourite phrases.

This thread is the reason I decided to join shoppingtelly: it has had me in stitches!

I used to find Lenny Feinberg funny, until one show when they went to break, but didn't turn the mics off quickly enough, and Lenny asked, "any good?", which made the whole thing feel like a sham.

Carla has a pleasant voice & demeanour, I quite like Alexis, George Simonton, Rosa, and Ginetta - I love the way she frames her sentences.

I'm afraid quite a number of the guests get on my nerves, they're so effusive. But, I suppose that's part of selling. My main bugbear is with the fashion guests & stylists who look like they haven't washed their hair in days, or looked in a mirror for weeks. How can they expect anyone take their 'advice' seriously? Dreadful!

It might be just me, but there's something about Gatineau's Andrew that's a bit creepy. Wasn't he with Mary Kay when they first came to the UK - or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Who is Natalia? Can't place her at all.

Welcome to the madhouse Elliementary!

Natalia is the Revitalash rep (err Bland Ambassador).

Know what you mean about Mr Bagley he always seems very smug to me. Mind you he's not as scarey as the 60something stalker ladies who clamour to talk to (and possibly touch) the Gatineau messiah at customer events (I reckon he has a pepper spray or taser in his suit pocket!). I'm not sure about him working for Mary Kay but I can picture him in a pink cadillac so anything's possible. His site used to sell Mary Cohr products (they don't award their sales staff pink cars as far as I know).

Heather from Nails Inc
Rosa from Yankee Candles - just love her
Keeley from Elemis
Leighton Denny - He is fab.
Dislikes
Caroline Archer from Liz Earle
Simon from Butler and Wilson
Lady from Ultrasun
Lady from Benefit - with disgustingly unhygienic long nails
Lee from Bare Minerals
Lady who present cheap plastic baking things
George from Bobbi Brown
Nikki from Lola Rose - far too twee and yummy mummyish. I do however adore her products.

Sometimes I love Alexis from L'Occitane but sometimes I have to switch off,depends on my mood.

Thanks, Akimbo, it's taking me all my time catching up with all the goings-on!
I tried revitalash once, but thought it was an expensive vial of water - I saw no difference, whatsoever! I don't bother watching it now, which is probably why I didn't recognise the name.
I forgot to put Ralph (Rossini) on my list of likes - he always seems quite genuine. I actually like Simon Wilson - I enjoy watching him wind up the presenters. JF never seems to get it, though - I think she's on some other planet!

I agree with too much to repeat them all, so am just going to add a couple that haven't been mentioned yet (I don't think).

Mikey from New CID - oh my god this man gets on my goat! He is a total diva and has had strops because Jill and the main lady were giggling, he thought they were giggling about him. It's all "me, me, me". Get over yourself!

Glen Campbell. Ok, he seems like quite an inoffensive man but I just don't see the point in him. He doesn't tell us anything we don't know and just states the obvious. It's kind of like the emperor's new clothes, if you know what I mean?

I also instantly dislike any 'fashion' guest that utters those words that make me cringe "you can dress it up or dress it down" :thinking:

I think the best presenters are the ones that are knowledgeable and don't take themselves too seriously.

Nina Leonard makes me laugh (but can only watch the first few seconds of a show) Marie Francoise of Kipling who is always polite and well mannered and being a crafter I really enjoyed Caroline's shows, she was my favourite craft guest, very calm and spoke really well - I so miss the craft hours.

I really can't watch Lenny. Or Natalia. Or the Ultrasun woman. I don't dislike Decleor lady but she reminds me of a munchkin. Loathe Basso.

I like the Bibi Bijoux lady and tge ABC lady. I like Alexis. Like Glenn (but not his clothes). Like both Yankee guests. Like Marie Francoise. Like teeny yellow lady.

There are more but I am cold. I am on the bus and my brain is not yet in gear.

Mind you he's not as scarey as the 60something stalker ladies who clamour to talk to (and possibly touch) the Gatineau messiah at customer events (I reckon he has a pepper spray or taser in his suit pocket!). .

Nah, he's just pleased to see them - boom boom!!!

Latest posts

Back