Luggage Scales & Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
About this time of year QVC usually start flogging some digital scales for when you go on holiday.
So I wonder if anyone pulled Alison Young at the weekend during a beauty hour when she said that 'Luggage scales are a waste of time, they never work so don't buy them'.

It was just a ploy to get us to buy smaller versions of things as well as regular sizes, but you would think she would have a vague idea what QVC sell on a regular basis, especially when I think QVC sell a hell of a lot of them.

Yes, I bought some from QVC at Christmas for my daughter.

Alison's right - they don't work!! And they're always UNDER!!!!:devil:

My sister bought me some from Amazon for Christmas and I used them in Florida a couple of weeks ago. They told me my bags were 19lbs overweight, which cost me $67 in postage back to Blighty :sweat: (cheaper than excess baggage). The scales were accurate within a pound or two, as verified by the scales at the airport check-in desk.

The box arrived today, I need to unpack it but I have absolutely no recall of what's actually or literally in it.

Linda xx

My sister bought me some from Amazon for Christmas and I used them in Florida a couple of weeks ago. They told me my bags were 19lbs overweight, which cost me $67 in postage back to Blighty :sweat: (cheaper than excess baggage). The scales were accurate within a pound or two, as verified by the scales at the airport check-in desk.

The box arrived today, I need to unpack it but I have absolutely no recall of what's actually or literally in it.

Linda xx

Linda, oooh handy to know! So did you just post your excess baggage back home? How did you ship it? 19lbs is heavy! We're off to the same place soon and sounds a good idea to avoid excessive fees! Wouldn't have thought of doing that.

Well I have the QVC ones and they work perfectly. They are invaluable and always tally with the Airport scales, I wouldn't be without them.

Latest posts

Back