Hermes delivery problems...a warning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On the other end of delivery.

Pat McGrath in the US, I ordered an eyeshadow palette on the Thursday, email telling me shipped on the Friday and will be with me on Tuesday. Tracking showed arrived in Belfast on Monday, and it was delivered just after 5 pm on the Monday by DPD.

The thing now is none of the delivery companies are taking signatures, so you have no idea if something is lost or miss delivered. I know on the money saving forum loads of threads about parcels showing delivered, but the customer never got them. Left with a neighbour who can say no nothing left with me. Hermes driver has a photo of parcel on doorstep, trouble is not the person's front door.

There are several posts on FB showing photos of items delivered to their door by Hermes.

Unfortunately, they are not THEIR doors, so they are appealing for people if they could recognise where the doors were. They never got their items.

Last Christmas one of our neighbours came knocking to ask if we`d taken in a parcel for them ? We hadn`t and it seems the neighbour had received an email with a photo attached showing their parcel on what was said to be their doorstep but it wasn`t. The missing item was a £500 camera. The neighbour literally trawled the avenue examining every doorstep alongside the photo he had and found what he thought was the correct one, right at the other end of the avenue. He knocked and there was his parcel which had his correct address on it so how it ended up at the wrong house number by about 15 to 20 houses, your guess is as good as mine. Also the people who had the parcel could see it was for someone else and the correct address but were just sitting on it and not bothering to return it and one can`t help thinking there was an ulterior motive especially as the box had a brand name on it. Anyway the neighbour got his camera and I`ve told him if ever he thinks he or his partner won`t be in when any other parcels are due to arrive then put a note on the order telling the courier to leave it with me. That way he knows he`ll definitely get it.

Thanks for the replies. An interesting mix of the good and not so good.

It does seem like Hermes is under pressure at the moment. Suspect they are losing drivers to more lucrative roles with other companies. The current incentives to join Amazon are particularly attractive.

Until earlier this year a husband and wife team covered our area for Hermes. They were great. However, they returned to Poland. Since then the service has been poor. Whilst I don’t buy much from QVC, I do have parcels delivered from other retailers and there has been a marked decline in service. A sign of the times and probably a situation which won’t be resolved quickly.

We have a really good Hermes lady who leaves parcels in a safe place if she sees the bedroom curtains are closed as she knows hubby will have been on nights. I also work from home and am often in MSTeams meetings so she knocks quietly and if I don’t answer she leaves parcels safely. However, twice when she has been on holiday, we have had a parcel from QVC and one from ebay both go missing. When we contacted Hermes they said parcels had been delivered and had photos to prove it. Both times the photo showed the parcels on our doorstep in full view of anyone passing but, we don’t get many passers by so we believe they were stolen by the stand-in delivery person - same person both times. We can’t prove it and Hermes didn’t return calls to deal with it. We just try to avoid ordering when our usual lady is on holiday!!!

That’s not good, strato. 😕

Mine have always tracked quickly and none have ever showed as “in process…..” and I’ve had dozens of parcels via Hermes over the years. Something I ordered on Saturday was showing as “we’re expecting it” yesterday. Today it’s showing as “it’s on its way” and so if it follows the normal pattern it will arrive tomorrow.

I hope yours reaches you soon.

I have had a parcel "in process at their national hub" for 3 days so far.
I have one that's been there since 5th November. This is the first time I've had an issue with them, every courier has been fantastic & it's just unfortunate that I need most of the items now.

I have one that's been there since 5th November. This is the first time I've had an issue with them, every courier has been fantastic & it's just unfortunate that I need most of the items now.
And mine is probably a very small package, could have been sent via RM.

It is the TSV of 25 stick-on hooks, it's been on AO but despatched on 12th.

I had a different Hermes man who gave me about 2 seconds to get to the door (I was upstairs) before he was taking the parcel away again. My usual man usually looks for the car and also if the dog barks I'm usually there.

CC

Our area has a terrific Hermes guy, and even informed a friend around the corner that I had been rushed into hospital, so he keeps us all up to date what's going on ! One of the 'good guys' who deserves his Christmas tip.

That’s not good, strato. 😕

Mine have always tracked quickly and none have ever showed as “in process…..” and I’ve had dozens of parcels via Hermes over the years. Something I ordered on Saturday was showing as “we’re expecting it” yesterday. Today it’s showing as “it’s on its way” and so if it follows the normal pattern it will arrive tomorrow.

I hope yours reaches you soon.
My parcel has followed the normal pattern for my Hermes deliveries. It’s due for delivery between 11am - 1pm today. 👍

I find if an item is “being processed/at the hub”of any supplier or courier it is 99.99% sure it’s lost. I’ve never received a delivery once it has sat in progress for more than the normal timescale.
I rang Q after checking the latest Hermes status, which still said it was at their hub.

But Q's tracking showed it was progressing.

About an hour later I had an email from Hermes to say it was out for delivery!

Coincidence?

PS Is anyone else getting the magic hooks?

Hermes have just delivered my package, so that’s 3 days from the time that I ordered it.

I didn’t order the magic hooks. Is that what you’re waiting for, strato?

Hermes have just delivered my package, so that’s 3 days from the time that I ordered it.

I didn’t order the magic hooks. Is that what you’re waiting for, strato?
Yes, I have uses for a lot of them straight away.

Just had them delivered, left in a box outside, despite a large notice on my door saying that I was in and to ring the bell!

No time to open yet as I have a zoom meeting any moment now.

I rang Q after checking the latest Hermes status, which still said it was at their hub.

But Q's tracking showed it was progressing.

About an hour later I had an email from Hermes to say it was out for delivery!

Coincidence?

PS Is anyone else getting the magic hooks?
I contacted the company about the delay with my order & they're sending out a replacement, I wonder if I'll end up with both of them.

I think I have posted on two other threads about my ongoing issues with Hermes deliveries. The latest update on my Kitchen Aid TSV hand mixer is that the first one does appear to have gone missing and Hermes finally confirmed to QVC that the replacement one is in their depot, but a shortage of drivers has meant they haven't been able to deliver it ......since Saturday 6 November.

However, I had a delivery from Hermes on Thursday 11 Nov, 3 boxes were 'dumped' outside my gate in the rain, one with dog food, one for someone else who lives some distance away and a FeelUnique parcel which had been missing for over 4 weeks. I didn't find them until it got light the following day.

QVC are no longer offering to send out a third mixer, even though there is no timescale offered for delivery.

Latest posts

Back