QVC cutting corners to detriment of Evri couriers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Iambananas

Registered Shopper
I ordered four blankets on the 17th December which didn't arrive before Xmas. Tracking showed expected delivery from Monday, 19th to Thursday, 22nd when EVRI returned them to QVC. Was a little annoyed, until the replacement arrived today and the courier explained why.

Apparently, couriers get paid 50p per parcel. QVC tied all four blankets (individually boxed) into one parcel. That meant the courier would only get paid 50p rather than £2.

I'm still annoyed but at QVC for acting like cheapskates (replacement order arrived the same way but the courier decided to deliver) - she said they take up a lot of room so can understand that before Xmas this would've used up space for several parcels where she would've been paid more. PS don't know how much EVRI would make as a company either way. Basically, the second half price p&p loses the courier their share at least and, as that's their only form of income, I find it rather mean.

I've only had QVC items strapped together if they are identical (ie to qualify for the QVC postal discount). EVRI paying 50p per parcel-unit is set by EVRI. But no doubt QVC gets a discount from EVRI for strapping items together or posting as a single parcel?
We seem to have forgotten that the cost of labour is a market force; the kind of economic factor that capitalists believe in. For as long as people work for 50p per parcel that's all they will we paid. But corporations rely on folk with limited employment options accepting zero hour contracts, bogus "self-employed" status and paltry rates of pay, which, after running costs, don't reach the minimum pay levels set by law for "employees".

The companies call it streamlining or modernisation: cutting labour costs enables them to continue to attract shareholders with annual profits. Hurrah for the free-market forces! If only there were a type of organisation who could represent badly paid couriers and fight for them to have a better deal, conditions and hourly rate of pay? 🤔

We all want combined, capped or free postage, but you can't beat up QVC for EVRI's treatment of their couriers. The same goes for Amazon and other big online stores.

Maybe give your EVRI courier a few quid as a Christmas tip?

I’m guessing, despite the fact that QVC tied the four blankets into one parcel, that they still charged four lots of P&P.
Half price p/p for subsequent parcels as all the same. Just wasn't aware that this the courier would take such a large drop due to the way they're paid but I should've known.

I've only had QVC items strapped together if they are identical (ie to qualify for the QVC postal discount). EVRI paying 50p per parcel-unit is set by EVRI. But no doubt QVC gets a discount from EVRI for strapping items together or posting as a single parcel?
We seem to have forgotten that the cost of labour is a market force; the kind of economic factor that capitalists believe in. For as long as people work for 50p per parcel that's all they will we paid. But corporations rely on folk with limited employment options accepting zero hour contracts, bogus "self-employed" status and paltry rates of pay, which, after running costs, don't reach the minimum pay levels set by law for "employees".

The companies call it streamlining or modernisation: cutting labour costs enables them to continue to attract shareholders with annual profits. Hurrah for the free-market forces! If only there were a type of organisation who could represent badly paid couriers and fight for them to have a better deal, conditions and hourly rate of pay? 🤔

We all want combined, capped or free postage, but you can't beat up QVC for EVRI's treatment of their couriers. The same goes for Amazon and other big online stores.

Maybe give your EVRI courier a few quid as a Christmas tip?
I only thought about that after the courier had left. I used to tip my regular Evri courier at Xmas but moved and been a bit annoyed at some who've left things sticking out of my letterbox or on the front step in full view of anyone passing. But I think I know who my regular courier is now so may tip in future. It's not often I order four large parcels at once which seemed to make the matter worse in the run up to Xmas.

Scott, my regular driver, came on Wednesday with a parcel for me. It was tipping down with very heavy rain, he was sopping wet and arrived within the time given. I said the rain is awful, he just nodded and rushed off to deliver more parcels.

QVC have been taping parcels together for years to reduce costs & the delivery driver only getting paid for 1.
I’ve never seen another company do it
QVC profit too much from p&p charges, it’s about time they joined the real world & charged a fair rate with free delivery if you spend over a certain amount, making sure that delivery drivers are still paid their fair share too !

To be fair, 2 very small boxes taped together is no different for the courier than one box of that combined size.

But anything larger than a shoebox should not be taped together so the courier gets paid fairly.

Latest posts

Back