Item not received-courier signed my name!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

First time I've ever had an item 'hidden' outside my door today. What would have happened if it rained ffs! Especially as it was a piece of electronic equipment.

Very poor!

Last edited:
I have only just got back on to here-have noted the CEO's email and will be using it!

I got home today to find a card left through my door, saying a parcel had been left 'under the red car' outside. Well my ex used my car today, and he didn't see a parcel when he pulled away- the only thing I have outstanding is the EH Balm I ordered-another expensive item. So it's happened again!

I am beyond frustrated. I have placed my last order with QVC I'm afraid- in fact I think my love affair with mail order shopping is well and truly over. I will wait and see what response, if any, I get from the CEO!

Well-many thanks to the member who put the CEO's email on here! Within 24 hrs I received an apology and refund! The apology came from both the courier office and someone replying on behalf of the CEO. I'm still finished with QVC- I have taken my credit card off the account and it would take something pretty remarkable to get me to spend money with them again. My bank balance will thank me, anyway!

I had a similar issue a few years ago. Ordered some silver earrings and they were late coming (surprise surprise!) when I came back of holiday I emailed to query it and was told they HAD been delivered and signed for. The only thing was I was actually on holiday at the time I supposedly signed for them! They sent me a copy of 'my' signature which turned out to be the postmans (after I showed it him) he said 'oh yes you weren't in so I left it on the doorstep'! Qvc refused a refund as they said I'd obviously told the postman that it was ok to do this (which I hadn't) they said I had to take the issue up myself with RM! When I phoned CS got a very nasty young man who basically called me a thief as he said something fishy was going on as it was the 2nd item I'd 'claimed' not to have received in 6 months! Never got a refund or an apology for their insinuation that I was a thief. They never even admitted that my signature looked nothing like the signature that accepted the parcel. CRAP to say the least

I was waiting for a delivery of shoes from Javari yesterday, they were being delivered by DPD. DPD send you an email giving you a time when to expect the courier, they never turned up so I looked at the tracking and it said
Your parcel has been delivered, signed for by OVER THE SIDE GATE, on 12 Mar 2012 at 09:59

I was at home at that time, nobody knocked or rang the doorbell and the courier didn't leave a card and there was no parcels over either of my side gates. I left it for a few hours just incase and then I contacted Javari to tell them what happened. Javari were great said they'll get new shoes sent immediately and will sort out the courier.

Later last night a lady turns up at my door with the parcels and a calling card, she said they were thrown over her gate, she lives in the next street :wonder:

I'm dying for the courier to turn up today so I can give them a right earbashing, he's supposed to be here between now and 11.30.

OMG! He never turned up so I've looked at the tracking again and it says the same as yesterday, he's gone and thrown it over someone elses gate again.

How thick can you be? I'm absolutely livid, 2 days stuck here for this idiot!

Javari can't believe it either and they're contacting the area manager to tell them it's not on.

Now I've got to wait to see if someone from my neighbourhood brings the parcels today and if not I have to contact Javari again.

I have had other problems with this courier when he has delivered from other companys and if you dare say anything he makes out it's your fault and is aggresive.

Wow-I'm shocked how prevalent this problem is!

Stratobuddy- I placed one order with IW about 5 years ago, the service was awful, the item was wrong and I had hell of a game getting it returned and my money back so I vowed I would never order from them again-and won't in the future either.

Racy- I was determined I wasn't going to be out of pocket over this! QVC had the contract with RM, not you, they wouldn't have even talked to you about it!

my_old_mans_a_dustman, that is unbelievable-obviously no dialogue goes on between management and the actual couriers!

This has all happened at a good time for me, really. I attended a CAP (Christians against Poverty) money course last month, and have reverted to a totally cash life style. So ordering on my debit card was not part of that scheme anyway. I will probably order from Amazon at some point-because I have a Kindle!- but getting rid of QVC-finally and completely- is a really good thing for me,even though I had cut down drastically anyway and ordered very little last year.

None of us really need most of the carp we buy from QVC anyway, do we? The one thing I bought with any regularity was craft stuff, but their craft demos etc have all but disappeared and there prices became less competitive-besides which I am on a total stash ban because I have so much I could craft for years without repurchasing anything other than glue! I'm saving up for a new roof now, lol.

my_old_mans_a_dustman, that is unbelievable-obviously no dialogue goes on between management and the actual couriers!

Well it looks like another call to Javari in the morning, nobody's brought the parcels so maybe he threw them somewhere else?

I don't think I can shop with Javari anymore because that's the only courier they use, it's a shame really as I can't fault them as a company.

I have worked for Hermes and the handheld device does have options to put where parcel is left. The customers i had were quite often regulars , who asked for parcel to be left in greenhouse, garage or left with neighbour etc.. and a card left stating that and the same entered onto the handheld .. it isn't a problem, i can't see why Couriers cant do this,,, they must never put a signature !!! not even sure that is legal.

The only downside for Couriers, but not an excuse, is the amount they get paid for delivering, usually about 50p per parcel ... when you look at how much P&P is charged.

Whoever delivers to my house either leaves them on the step in full view or they shove them in my gardening lean to shed. Just one problem there! It is padlocked and I have lost the key.

Latest posts

Back