Item not received-courier signed my name!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuziQ

Registered Shopper
I ordered a tianab dress a while back, and when it hadn't arrived the day before the event I wanted it for (9 days after they said it was dispatched) I contacted them. They said it had obviously 'gone missing' and they would send me the form re non-delivery and refund me. Just over a week later, I received a letter, stating the courier was adamant it had been delivered, and showing a signature that was just a couple of squiggles crossing over one another-nothing like my signature at all. I was told if I disagreed then I should fax copies of signatures on a passport, driving licence and credit card so they could challenge the courier. The unbelievable thing is, my DD ordered some revitalash last week, and I came home from being out all day last Thursday evening to find the 'signed-for' package resting on the ledge by my front door! Lucky for her, I came home and it hadn't been taken. The courier I have these days is dreadful-she leaves parcels under the car, behind flower pots,in flower pots-she drives me crazy. QVC haven't told me if this is the courier or Royal Mail though-they just won't tell me.Is clothes normally RM? I have telephoned this evening as it is a week tomorrow since I faxed my signatures and I have heard nothing, and been told nothing is decided yet,even though their letter to me said they would contact me within 7 days of them receiving my signatures. This is almost £50 including p&p and I'm pretty furious about this-especially as I had to go out and get a dress for the event so I paid twice!

Does anyone know if trading standards would be interested in this, or should I try to find an up-to-date CEO name and aim at the top? I can't help feeling that because I no longer buy very much, they just don't give a hoot if I close my account!

That is dreadful and the courier shouldn't get away with it. I would suggest you do contact Trading Standards for advice but continue pursuing qvc via a complaint. This is just cowboy service, you would have thought such a company would come down hard on situations like this but obviously they are on a completely different planet. I really hope you get it sorted asap, or rather qvc getting their finger out of their backside and sorting their mess out.
Good luck

Thanks Pumpkin. I'm not well at the moment and could do without this!

SuziQ That's shocking and I hope they sort it out for you without further issue.

Aside from QVC deling with it I think its also an issue of fraud / theft if someone impersonates your signature in order to keep goods that are yours. While the police may not really be interested in it I would certainly point out to QVC the severity of it in that regard.

And I hope they make sure the courier is dealt with appropriately.

Do keep us posted!

My courier and postman tend to leave things in the shed. I've no idea if they send something back to Q with my forged squggle on it. That aside, I would have thought the onus would be on them to prove it's your signature, not for you to prove that it's not. If they can't do this then they shouldn't question you stating that it isn't and send you a replacement product. They're essentually insinuating that you've singed for a package which you're now trying to claim you haven't received.

I'd be back on the phone to them kicking off big style, don't let them get away with dragging their feet when this is down to their shoddy delivery services once again. Tell them you're seeking legal advice (I'm sure someone on here's a solicitor so it wouldnt technically be a fib :wink:) and they'd better ****** well sort it out rapido.

It's my experience that clothing such as dresses come RM, pushed though the letter box and aren't sent requiring a signature.
Whilst boxed items such as beauty TSV'S or bedding etc come via my courier requiring a signature.
Now instead of signing with a pen on a printed out delivery sheet, there's a touch screen and stylus, which I find extremely hard to write my signature usually ending up with a squiggle.
If I were you I'd be really interested to know what the prove was that the Revitalash had been delivered to you.
Are QVC aware that the parcels they send to you aren't actually given to anyone at your address and in fact just left outside your property.
If this courier is leaving your parcels like this, then I'm sure your not the only one, do you know of other problems?
Would it be worth contacting the delivery company to state you consider yourself very lucky that you actually got the Revitalash and inquiring where your parcels are to be left.
Hopefully you'll get someone one on the ball and very helpful, maybe something will come up in conversation.
If it were me I'd play it a bit naive and say your haven't received a dress as yet, would they be able to help at all?

This has happened to me this morning. I checked my emails for delivery tracking of an item and saw that hermes had logged that the customer signed for it at 09.02 this morning ........ err, I don't think so.

It had been posted through the letterbox of a neighbour, who fortunately, knows me and brought it round. He hadn't signed for it and was unaware of the delivery until he checked his hallway. :down: :mysmilie_503:

I think it must depend on the Hermes person.
My Laura Geller TSV was delivered on Monday. I was at work so he left it in my recycling box which I was very pleased about. He put the card through the door saying this. When I checked the tracking it was marked "delivered to porch". (The recycling box is just outside our front door in an open porch.)

Today, I received something from Debenhams, via Hermes, and he put it through the letterbox and the tracking says "delivered to letterbox".

Personally, I like the fact that the postman/courier might sign for my parcel as it saves a trip to the PO, but I can see how it wouldn't work for everyone.

I don't know what's happened to the couriers lately. Our lady used to be fantastic but someone new is doing the round here now and the service is terrible. As I'm living in a flat, we have a shared entry and hallway. The courier rings the bell and when you open the door for her, she literally throws the parcel into the hallway and goes. Anyone could pick them up and she's never had me sign for a single parcel since she took over. Poor service considering how much you pay for it.

Its criminal & they must not be allowed to get away with it. Keep on QVC's back. I am over my lot. The contract is between you & them which makes them responsible to sort it out.

Considering what they charge its a disgraceful service which they don`t want to take any responsibility for!! Its their delivery service so they should sort any problems out.....its a bit rich when all we keep hearing is what an award winning call centre it is.....I wonder who they ask to be awarded that then?

Considering what they charge its a disgraceful service which they don`t want to take any responsibility for!! Its their delivery service so they should sort any problems out.....its a bit rich when all we keep hearing is what an award winning call centre it is.....I wonder who they ask to be awarded that then?

The same ones that are allowed to leave the five star reviews. :tongue:

I prefer to order online as the delivery method is shown in the confirmation (Hermes is always faster than RM). You could recheck your item that way and then cancel before submitting another order!

I am sorry you have had this problem, but not surprised. The delivery people only get paid for each successful delivery, but this does not excuse forging a signature. A few years ago I lived opposite my cousin and we would keep an eye on each others houses if the other was away. One day, I was leaving for work and noticed 2 huge cardboard boxes outside the house. When I investigated, they were electrical equipment, a flat screen computer monitor and something else. Managed to drag them to my house, and when the family returned from Spain, I gave them their parcels. My cousin had been on the phone asking where his goods were and the company insisted that his goods had been signed for! This is disgraceful - anyone could have taken them from outside the house, as they had not been hidden.

The worst couriers I've had for leaving things on display are YODEL. I ordered stuff from M & S and it was left in a huge box leaning against my front door. As I live on a main road and have plenty of hiding places (including an unlocked gate to hide things behind) I wasn't best pleased. As an ex Hermes courier, I do sympathise with how frustrating the job can be when you have a payment of 45p only no matter how many times you try and this is why couriers do tend to try and deliver on the first attempt and will hide things and leave a card to say where they are.

However, when the system changed to the electronic system, there was no option for saying you've either posted it through a letterbox or handed it to the customer. Also, if you are one of the "lucky" QVC customers who have to have things signed for and are out all day, then the courier can't say they have delivered the item unless they fudge a signature...Thing is,if you're out all day you'll never get your item if you are a compulsory signed for. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying this is how some couriers get around things.

Most couriers try their socks off, but the job is pretty unrewarding as the pay is low which is why there are more disillusioned couriers moving on to other things. Look how petrol has gone up in the last few years - the couriers' pay has been cut in that time, there is no petrol allowance either.

The only things I've had where the items were signed for in my absence were by RM!!!

However, when the system changed to the electronic system, there was no option for saying you've either posted it through a letterbox or handed it to the customer.

As I said in my previous post, the tracking showed "delivered to porch" and "delivered to letterbox" so there is now this option.

Latest posts

Back