Evri Chaos means its already too late for Q to get it delivered for Christmas.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered cat food from pets at home 2 weeks ago, next day delivery by evri. Parcel didn't turn up. It was out for delivery, then 2 hours later it was delayed. After 2 days of no show, I got in touch with PAH and they sent another box. (Evri again).

So that was out for delivery then delayed. Tracking on both boxes never moved. I got in touch with PAH again, they agreed parcels were probably lost. These are very big boxes to lose.

So to they sent a third box this time by DPD and it arrived the next day.

Anyways last week, to my surprise, one of the boxes from Evri was delivered. Delivery man pleaded ignorance of anything.

Told PAH and just wanted to keep the catfood and pay for them. But they told me to keep them free of charge for all the messing about i'd had. So turned out good in the end.

Gosh that was a bit long winded, sorry. I have no faith whatsoever in Evri. They are rubbish round here. Different delivery man every time. It's been terrible since the man who delivered for years retired. He was great.

Attachments

• Cartoon cats waking people up 272691406_.jpg
    Cartoon cats waking people up 272691406_.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 34
Praise where it’s due. I ordered a Korres set on Tuesday at 12.52 pm to be sent to a different address. Was told it would arrive by 7 January.

Sent by Evri, fully tracked. Delivered at 17.55 pm today.

I must be one of the lucky ones.
I think it really must depend on where you live. I live in South London and have never had issues with Evri. They do get a bad rap but appear to have done amazingly well this Christmas, considering the extra packages they had due to the Royal Mail strikes.

Ordered a huge Kelly Hoppen Mirror with an equally huge discount £4.95 delivery cost came within the week including christmas holidays. Oh and some jewellery that also came from EVRI instead of Royal Mail very fast. In fact quicker than Royal Mail.

Waiting longer than usual for my parcel , bought the Liz Earle Bitter C and P orange duo .

Things that I ordered, not necessarily from QVC, arrived via Evri when expected and well before Christmas. Two items that I ordered from QVC in the recent sale arrived within two days. However, my local team are excellent which probably makes a difference.

When you have a great delivery team, far less stressful buying online. I asked QVC once by email, to alert us to the delivery company that was going to be used before we clicked buy. They said they would review idea. That was 15 years ago!

Our Evri guy, Tony, has been doing the job for years. Fantastic courier. Hard working and reliable. Works all hours and does an absolutely marvellous job.
When you have a great delivery team, far less stressful buying online. I asked QVC once by email, to alert us to the delivery company that was going to be used before we clicked buy. They said they would review idea. That was 15 years ago!
That is an excellent suggestion you made. Knowing which courier is going to deliver your goods can make or break that delivery - literally. I recently bought an expensive enough Fender Telecaster guitar from a music shop (well, it wouldn’t be the greengrocers, would it!). Before buying, I asked what courier they would use and I was told DHL. I asked if it was possible for them to use DPD, as that particular company in my experience gives you a one hour and very reliable window of when the item is going to be delivered. But it seems that most companies are set in stone as to who they use to send goods, and my request was politely declined. I had a £3000 plus guitar left outside the front door once by those doorless comedians UPS. Luckily I was in and when I opened the front door, the driver was getting back into her van. She had no idea whether I was in or out when she knocked.

For me, who is going to deliver the parcel is as important as the parcel itself. A poor delivery service causes you inordinate amounts of stress. Parcels can be left with neighbours who you don’t get on with, causing embarrassment on collection. Or with some neighbours you do, who just aren’t in regularly enough after they’ve taken a parcel in for you when you try to call for it.

It seems very unpopular now for most couriers to try and take a parcel away with them for redelivery when you are out. Leave it with anybody or anywhere else seems to be the mantra for the poorer firms. To avoid this, I now try and collect deliveries from recognised offered pick up points whenever I can. Inconvenient, but it ultimately puts me back in control of how I get my parcels and when. As far as I am aware, that is another service QVC don’t offer on their website as part of the ordering online process.

Funnily enough, about 15 years ago, I bought a PARCELSAFE from QVC and fitted it to the wall near my front door. It is fairly roomy, so most parcels can be left in it if I am out. It is lockable, so it is secure storage.

Now what happens is that the couriers don't even bother to ring the bell, they just put the parcel in the box and go way, so I've no idea it has arrived. And they NEVER lock the box, which is only a matter of turning a knob.
Parcelsafe.jpg
Parcel Safe.jpg

They have been doing ongoing this week on the BBC Morning News stuff about Evri. Seems they are going to be investigated about the amount of lost and damaged parcels. Advice given, do not buy from companies that use them. Now a woman this morning I believe an under minister did mention the drivers getting 50p per parcel and some can be working all day and not earn the basic wage per day. They are stuck waiting for parcels to arrive for them to collect and start delivering. She said the drivers are the ones getting it in the neck, but it starts with the warehouses and sorting the parcels.

i have been lucky in say 7 years I have only had 2 Evri delivery men. Both gems. I can aways tell when they are away though. But this last delivery chap took the item back to his van rather than guess where to dump it. I spoke to him thanking him for not just guessing where it should be dumped. He was very happy that I acknowledged what he had done.

Just to say, I got a gift yesterday delivered by RM. It was an Xmas gift, a surprise one, so I was not expecting it. Yet, I have ordered stuff in the sales online, and they arrived very quickly.

Our Evri guy, Tony, has been doing the job for years. Fantastic courier. Hard working and reliable. Works all hours and does an absolutely marvellous job.
Agree with DoC. Our Evri guy is really good and if he delivers and you're still waiting on something else he always follows it up. Everything was on time over Christmas.

CC

Just to say, I got a gift yesterday delivered by RM. It was an Xmas gift, a surprise one, so I was not expecting it. Yet, I have ordered stuff in the sales online, and they arrived very quickly.
I'm waiting for a 48 hour tracked parcel that was despatched on Tuesday.
Using RM tracking it is now scheduled for Monday!

I ordered some of the Big Deal turntables to organise spice/sauce cupboard and fridge on Thursday and they arrived today (Saturday) by Evri. I have two great Evri delivery people. The turntables are seriously great.

Latest posts

Back