Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
This week I have returned several items to different suppliers:
M&S. click & collect , free, item usually ready for collection day after ordering at my local food store, on return email to say it has been received.
Monsoon : free delivery and free returns via Elvi, tracked on email. Return confirmed.
QVC. Paid delivery, paid return via Elvi.No confirmation as yet return has been received.
Will keep a check on when the refunds are in my account but I am confident the former two will not be far behind.
QVC?
With so many parcels ‘flying’ around the country & beyond it is reassuring you are kept up to date on the status of your goods, take note QVC.

Update : Monsoon :Just checked my bank account and the refund is credited.That is return Monday money credited by Thursday.Of course with M&S if I was returning to a store (not just a food outlet) any refund is credited straight away.

If QVC could offer a website made out of two tin cans connected by a long ball of string, I am sure they’d grab the opportunity. The serious point is that their whole buying and returning process is twenty plus years out of date. The Wiltshire Farm Foods of online shopping, where they must genuinely believe their customers prefer their order returned by a grinning and servile bearded old man in dungarees and a check shirt, driving a Talbot Samba with pedals and no engine, than being able to properly track, cancel and monitor the progress of a order/return at 21st century speed, rather than the pace of Dick Turpin’s horse with a pronounced limp.

On another matter, I also dislike how they relist products that have previously had bad feedback posted on their website with no feedback at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I have returned the latest Nails Inc offering. Part 2 of their latest abysmal TSV. I haven't returned an item in ages. Did it via Evri and took it to local Tesco store. I will update when I eventually receive refund. By the way, could anyone advise me on the policy regarding postage refunded if returned within a certain time please? Thanks

Yesterday I have returned the latest Nails Inc offering. Part 2 of their latest abysmal TSV. I haven't returned an item in ages. Did it via Evri and took it to local Tesco store. I will update when I eventually receive refund. By the way, could anyone advise me on the policy regarding postage refunded if returned within a certain time please? Thanks
I Think, but I will stand corrected.If you return an item within 7 days in the condition received, so that rules out beauty items that have been tried, then you should receive a p&p refund.

I believe you have to let them know that you will be returning the item within 14 days of receiving it, then return within 14 days, but this is if you haven't used the item. I stand to be corrected if anyone has more information. And it is the PP you paid to get it in the first place, not your return PP.

I Think, but I will stand corrected.If you return an item within 7 days in the condition received, so that rules out beauty items that have been tried, then you should receive a p&p refund.
I believe you have to let them know that you will be returning the item within 14 days of receiving it, then return within 14 days, but this is if you haven't used the item. I stand to be corrected if anyone has more information. And it is the PP you paid to get it in the first place, not your return PP.
We both replied at the same time and both used the phrase "STAND TO BE CORRECTED" - - - - spooky

I never buy anything from QVC unless I am 100% certain I won’t return it. It’s not worth the hassle.
Same for me. I blame myself for not checking out the item properly before buying. Exceptions: a Yong Kim coat that looked like a dressing gown in real life and a jumper that had a grease stain on it. I got the money back on the Yong Kim piece, but nothing on the the grease stained jumper. I didn't bother to follow through. Too much hassle.

Strato, great minds etc.?
If I am in any doubt about something these days I return, I ‘re-cycle‘ money, then it is free to spend on something else.I have a sizeable payment to be Refunded from my energy provider because I was so much in credit! That will he.p with the holiday, and I mean holiday, I am not being American and meaning Christmas.

If QVC could offer a website made out of two tin cans connected by a long ball of string, I am sure they’d grab the opportunity. The serious point is that their whole buying and returning process is twenty plus years out of date. The Wiltshire Farm Foods of online shopping, where they must genuinely believe their customers prefer their order returned by a grinning and servile bearded old man in dungarees and a check shirt, driving a Talbot Samba with pedals and no engine, than being able to properly track, cancel and monitor the progress of a order/return at 21st century speed, rather than the pace of Dick Turpin’s horse with a pronounced limp.

On another matter, I also dislike how they relist products that have previously had bad feedback posted on their website with no feedback at all.
That made me laugh.In my case Dick Turpin’s horse has more than a limp Q are not showing my item returned yet.However I can spend the money from the other companies returns as it’s in the bank.

QVC announce new head of website development.

Screenshot_20221125-130624~2.png

This week I have returned several items to different suppliers:
M&S. click & collect , free, item usually ready for collection day after ordering at my local food store, on return email to say it has been received.
Monsoon : free delivery and free returns via Elvi, tracked on email. Return confirmed.
QVC. Paid delivery, paid return via Elvi.No confirmation as yet return has been received.
Will keep a check on when the refunds are in my account but I am confident the former two will not be far behind.
QVC?
With so many parcels ‘flying’ around the country & beyond it is reassuring you are kept up to date on the status of your goods, take note QVC.
The QVC returns process is archaic. Like Silver Fox I have returned a few things recently - all confirmed immediately and cash back in my account in days not (many)weeks like QVC.

Well Q are confirming that my return has been received! We will see how long before the refund shows in my bank account.If I order from Q I check the price against other sources including the P&P and now will make certain I will not be returning an item.That virtually rules me out as a customer.

To be fair I thought I would give an update.QVC have refunded my cash into my bank in 7 days from me returning the parcel.They have also refunded the initial p&p even though the item included some creams which I had obviously used, which I did not expect.

Their deliveries are coming a lot faster at the moment as well. Maybe they’ve realised that they are in competition with other companies and are NOT the only place from which to buy things. If they now capped or offered free P&P and also had a good look at some of the ridiculous prices that they charge for products, they would be less archaic and have a more up to date practice.

Their deliveries are coming a lot faster at the moment as well. Maybe they’ve realised that they are in competition with other companies and are NOT the only place from which to buy things. If they now capped or offered free P&P and also had a good look at some of the ridiculous prices that they charge for products, they would be less archaic and have a more up to date practice.
On Friday and Monday Ideal world had free postage on everything. I ordered a pair of boots, which are being delivered tomorrow. If I don’t want them, I can pop down to my local Asda ( which is just a couple of minutes away) and return them for free.

Ideal World often have free P&P and capped P&P and, as you said, their returns are free via Asda. That’s why I think that QVC should “up their game” in that respect.

Telephoned last night - answered in under a minute - arranged collection of Shark TSV - offered Friday or Monday collection from DPD (mentioned they won‘t use Evri due to the value of item !)

Latest posts

Back