Eeeeewwww

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lots of cosmetics and skin care contain Urea...check your labels! But you're right Enzyme Pee isn't selling it to me!

The new Clinique version of their Dramatically Different Moisturiser contains urea, when it launched last year there were lots of complaints about the change in formula.

How is the urea sourced? Where from?

Urea is often referred to as carbamide, the primary organic solid of urine, this is waste that has been produced by the body after it metabolises protein.

The urea used in the cosmetic industry is from synthetic sources and not animal derived,

It is formed from ammonia and carbon dioxide, and can be produced in either a solid or liquid form.

Jules I think most of the cosmetic urea is a petrochemical by-product (don't quote me but I think so) but in medieval times it was taken from more obvious "animal" sources and used in quite a few skin remedies.

You also get urea in some plastics, or is it melamine. Something like that. Heavens why do I remember (part remember) stuff like this but can't remember what day it is half the time!

The footcream I use contains Urea, but considering it's BUAV approved, I'm not too worried really.
Saying that though, I did feel a bit queasy last night when I was slapping it on the old hooves.

Latest posts

Back