Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Erikas back 🤣🤣
Aww bless 'er - she tried! I'm only gonna buy what I really need, or really really want. Well I very much doubt whether she needs a summer dress in this weather! Let's face it, "the really want" is a get out clause - so if Q's selling it, I'm havin' it! The hiking boots? Perhaps she'd have been better off investing in some running shoes, she might need them when bailiff's come knocking!

Our energy and food bills have rocketed. Luckily we don’t have a mortgage so those are our biggest expense.
Octopus put our dd for gas and electric up in August when we signed for a 2 year fixed deal. As of now we are still £200 in credit and haven't been stingy with the heating.

We have a 2 bed bungalow with cavity wall insulation, had the property rendered and have quite a lot of loft insulation.

We're just wearing more clothes (as we used to back in the day), got the cozee home on the bed with a quilt on top and not putting the electric heaters on until late afternoon. We have the log burner on in the evenings. We're saving electric but it's an arctic expedition to get to the bathroom 🥶

As our bills are going to rocket (we're all electric) I am really being stingy with my money at the moment. The good thing is that Q's clothes are so awful I'm not even tempted to buy anything (except the sparkly top I bought for my next cruise - if I go on one). Will SOMEONE please tell me to stop lol.

CC

We're just wearing more clothes (as we used to back in the day), got the cozee home on the bed with a quilt on top and not putting the electric heaters on until late afternoon. We have the log burner on in the evenings. We're saving electric but it's an arctic expedition to get to the bathroom 🥶

As our bills are going to rocket (we're all electric) I am really being stingy with my money at the moment. The good thing is that Q's clothes are so awful I'm not even tempted to buy anything (except the sparkly top I bought for my next cruise - if I go on one). Will SOMEONE please tell me to stop lol.

CC
That’s one good thing the clothes are dire on Q just lately and shot up in price so not been tempted at all 😂

I can highly recommend the Aldi watermelon gel facial moisturiser. I bought it last year and it was perfect for hot weather or if you`re prone to temperature surges or hot flushes. My local Aldi have had it on sale for a couple of weeks now.
I saw some mascara last week nearly bought some but my eyes are sensitive but when I got home and read the reviews which were really good I’m getting some next week 😊
Definitely not! Book it, most companies have a refund policy if the world ends before then. We're going to Perthshire at the end of February and I cannot wait. Bry comes too 🐶

CC
we have had our holiday abroad moved dates 3 times because of Covid admittedly we could have gone the last time but with all the paper work and testing although we are triple jabbed moved it to may and my god we are definitely going this time book your holiday and have a great time 😎🤩

I saw some mascara last week nearly bought some but my eyes are sensitive but when I got home and read the reviews which were really good I’m getting some next week 😊

we have had our holiday abroad moved dates 3 times because of Covid admittedly we could have gone the last time but with all the paper work and testing although we are triple jabbed moved it to may and my god we are definitely going this time book your holiday and have a great time 😎🤩
Same here, but I managed to secure the same holiday for the same price which I'm pleased about, so we're going in March. It's funny 'cause I'm gonna have to think about what clothes I'll be taking. A couple of years ago, I'd have been excitedly scouring the sales online looking for cheap summer dresses, shorts, T-shirts etc. In fact the majority of my holiday wardrobe would be new stuff. My clothing cull has made a huge difference to my attitude towards buying new clothes, but the "lovely ladies" have reinforced my determination to stick to my guns. I've got plenty of suitable things to take for the week, and my swimsuit is still in good nick. Since my shopping habits have changed I'm finding that I'm actually able to put a bit of money over to my savings account every month. What would I rather do? spend my money on piles of polyester tat and tatty ornaments? or keep my debts under control & put money towards future holidays, concerts, necessary repairs and home improvements? It's a bit of a no brainer for me. That 17th jumpsuit or Michele Hope* beach cover up will soon be forgotten - but the memory of a holiday or concert won't be!

* Bad example maybe as I'm still trying to forget the putrid Michele Hope skirt I bought 20 years ago!

Latest posts

Back