A bit mean of me to say - but really?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£5.00 is cheap for friendship🤔
Give customers a decent discount and free postage your out of touch with consumers!
Plus stop all the freebies then you may be able to give something back to your valued customers 👍
Exactly but this is the company that listened to their customers and gave them more easy pays! need we say more?

I never used the last 2 offers of a fiver off. Thought it was very poor.
I have done a lot of shopping at Boots this year. 3 for 2, star gifts etc. And got 10 or 20 pc extra off plus double points, extra 400 points, i have managed to gather quite a few points now. Time to treat myself I think.

We have had a **** 6 months here sadly. I broke my pelvis, mum taken into hospital with an infection they couldn't get to the bottom of. Don't know where it came from, she was 93 and never went out. Poor mum died beginning of August and I hadn't been able to go see her in hospital as I was incapable. That was horrible. Too upsetting for words.

Then middle of August my mother in law was taken in to hospital with an infection in her bowel, nothing they did helped and she died 2 weeks later. We went to see her, managed with help and a Zimmer, we held her hand, but couldn't talk to her as she was zonked with morphine.

Thing there was, we couldn't see her in the funeral home as seemingly she had had sepsis and MRSA. Well no-one at the hospital told us that. So we had 2 funerals of mums in the space of 3 weeks. Then husband's uncle Trevor died of cancer .

And last week one of our cats Teddy, died and that pretty much finished us off. I know a lot of folk wouldn't think a pet dying is worthy of mention, but it is in our house. He was part of our family, and we are gutted.

So, all in all a **** year and can't wait for it to be gone.

I have done a lot of shopping at Boots this year. 3 for 2, star gifts etc. And got 10 or 20 pc extra off plus double points, extra 400 points, i have managed to gather quite a few points now. Time to treat myself I think.

We have had a **** 6 months here sadly. I broke my pelvis, mum taken into hospital with an infection they couldn't get to the bottom of. Don't know where it came from, she was 93 and never went out. Poor mum died beginning of August and I hadn't been able to go see her in hospital as I was incapable. That was horrible. Too upsetting for words.

Then middle of August my mother in law was taken in to hospital with an infection in her bowel, nothing they did helped and she died 2 weeks later. We went to see her, managed with help and a Zimmer, we held her hand, but couldn't talk to her as she was zonked with morphine.

Thing there was, we couldn't see her in the funeral home as seemingly she had had sepsis and MRSA. Well no-one at the hospital told us that. So we had 2 funerals of mums in the space of 3 weeks. Then husband's uncle Trevor died of cancer .

And last week one of our cats Teddy, died and that pretty much finished us off. I know a lot of folk wouldn't think a pet dying is worthy of mention, but it is in our house. He was part of our family, and we are gutted.

Seriously this puts it all into perspective. You poor thing that's ****** awful. Yes I know we've all had bad things happen but in such a short space of time? I can only hope for happy times ahead for you. Where were QVC when all this **** happened to you? If they were "family" then they would know, even if they were friends - the same. They're a profit making business end of, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but to try and pretend they're anything more is nothing short of disgraceful. I expect the presenters to be friendly but at the end of the day they're doing their job. The ironic thing is that they could actually make their customers feel a bit more special and that would be by rewarding them generously. Some years ago I sent Littlewoods a nice letter as they'd literally saved Christmas for me, as they'd managed to source a toy for me I needed (pre internet days) I told them that I'd recommended them to everybody I knew and they actually sent me a massive bouquet of flowers to thank me for my kind words. Not only that one time I received a couple of mugs and a box of chocolates one time out of the blue with a message saying thank you for being such a good customer - I was absolutely chuffed at the time. QVC doing that for anyone? Hell would freeze over first!
Anyway Catzrool, I don't know you but I really mean this - May next year bring a lot more joy! x

Catzrcool, that is an awful lot of life changing experiences.Give yourself time, give yourself comfort until the sun shines again, and it will.We are probably expected at this time of year to feel happy, excited, joyous but that is so very often not the case.So many people are missing loved ones and not just in the last year, facing worries, ill health but the media puts out a different picture, they in reality are the ones ‘out of step’?

Too much for us all this happening in the space of 5 months really. Since June, day after my birthday. But been trying to hold it together. Husband keeps getting right sad moments, he can't believe his mum has gone, she was 10 years younger than my mum and has hit him hard. I suppose perhaps when my mum started not eating and losing weight, we did start thinking the worse may be coming, but we didn't bargain for an unknown infection that the hospital couldn't put their finger on. But his mum's passing came as a shock, we had no idea she was so ill. Hospital certainly did not give us a clue until a few days before she died.

So to be honest getting Christmas presents for the youngsters and niece and nephew has helped occupy my head. Now we need to think what can we get for his dad and do for him to make Christmas feel a bit better for him. We will do the best we can to give him a good Christmas. It will be difficult but we can try.

So sorry for the horrible time you've had and I totally understand that losing a pet is as bad as losing a person to some people. Don't forget to be kind to yourself and your husband as well. Wishing you a much better new year when it comes.

CC xx

….. The ironic thing is that they could actually make their customers feel a bit more special and that would be by rewarding them generously. Some years ago I sent Littlewoods a nice letter as they'd literally saved Christmas for me, as they'd managed to source a toy for me I needed (pre internet days) I told them that I'd recommended them to everybody I knew and they actually sent me a massive bouquet of flowers to thank me for my kind words. Not only that one time I received a couple of mugs and a box of chocolates one time out of the blue with a message saying thank you for being such a good customer - I was absolutely chuffed at the time. QVC doing that for anyone? Hell would freeze over first!
Oh, but they send new Brand Ambassadors hampers of beauty products when they come on board so they can boast about it on social media and mutually promote one another. Remember the furore over Amanda Holden posting photos on Facebook a few years back (I think it was AH)? I don’t blame the recipient and I know that’s what they do in marketing when it’s famous names, and I accept that. But it wouldn’t hurt to be a bit more compassionate with everyday customers. You’re right, it gives a much nicer impression of the business and definitely promotes loyalty.

Oh I'm so sorry for you. Sending ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ xxx.

2023 has been the pits for most people I know. Best mate lost her daughter to breast cancer, then weeks later she lost her brother. Another mate has waited 12 months for insurance to sort out her underfloor flood in her kitchen and lounge - she just might be on the home straight now. My brother lost his beloved Alsation, another friend also lost her dog. I was seriously ill during the spring and lost 4 stone - didn't honestly expect to be here right now. So many of us will be glad to see the back of this year.

2023 has been the pits for most people I know. Best mate lost her daughter to breast cancer, then weeks later she lost her brother. Another mate has waited 12 months for insurance to sort out her underfloor flood in her kitchen and lounge - she just might be on the home straight now. My brother lost his beloved Alsation, another friend also lost her dog. I was seriously ill during the spring and lost 4 stone - didn't honestly expect to be here right now. So many of us will be glad to see the back of this year.
Sending you hugs Brissles.❤️❤️❤️xx

Latest posts

Back