L'Occitane with Alexis and Pipa

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
When talking about the Vanilla Flower Shower Gel, Alexis says we love this as a family, we have this in the childrens bathrooms! ...... ooh how the other half live.

Then she says its being sold as a duo as L'Occitane are discontinuing the fragrance, so once QVC's stock has gone, that's it. But later on she said that they had stock intended to last until Oct/Nov time ..... gould they must have a hundred weight of it in their warehouse!! I love L'Occitane but hearing they have volumes like that makes me just feel is mass produced like ordinary run of the mill brands which are nothing moneywise in comparison.

It's quite a common occurrence when there is an en-suite. My hubby has ours and I have the bathroom all to myself. It's the secret to a happy marriage I tell you :rolleyes: ha ha!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

When I listen to women such as Alexis I feel woefully inadequate. She runs a family of hubby and 3 kids, apparently "keeps" a large house with at least 2 bathrooms, keeps herself looking stunning, manages her career with L'O and pops up regularly on Q.

I on the other hand have no hubby or kids, part-time carer for Mum, 15 year old cat and yet I live in a perpetual mess. I find myself split between housework or gardening, ironing or taking Mum shopping etc. It's always "either or". At the moment I'm doing shifts as an Olympics volunteer and I'm so kn***ered it's painful.

Any ideas how to up my game, does Q sell anything that might help ?

Linda xx

She makes me feel inadequate too. She always looks lovely and must have such a busy life. Maybe I am just lazy!!

She always looks immaculate. I"m sure she works hard, but she probably has a child minder,
to help, and probably someone to do the housework, which would make things easier :wonder:

When I listen to women such as Alexis I feel woefully inadequate. She runs a family of hubby and 3 kids, apparently "keeps" a large house with at least 2 bathrooms, keeps herself looking stunning, manages her career with L'O and pops up regularly on Q.

I on the other hand have no hubby or kids, part-time carer for Mum, 15 year old cat and yet I live in a perpetual mess. I find myself split between housework or gardening, ironing or taking Mum shopping etc. It's always "either or". At the moment I'm doing shifts as an Olympics volunteer and I'm so kn***ered it's painful.

Linda xx

Don't feel inadequate! I remember when the weather had been bad and Alexis said something about being stuck at home with her children and it gave me the impression she had a nanny. She probably has a cleaner, ironing person etc and isn't doing everything herself. Volunteering at the Olympics is a really worthwhile and admirable thing to do, you should feel proud and not put yourself down!

I would guess Alexis has help. I've always worked full time from when my son was a few months old but I have always had a cleaner and a nanny when he was younger. I also had a brilliant support system of friends and relatives who would help in an emergency. I couldn't have done it without help.

I still look a wreck sometimes but my house and garden always look neat and tidy.

Linda xx
##

How I identify with you !!!!! no hubby, no kids, a 15 year old and 10 year old dogs, and a father in a care home !!!!! but like you I live in a war zone. I clear and tidy up, but after a couple of days you would think a regiment had moved in, and I NEVER sit down, there is all things domestic to do plus shopping for father, front and back gardens to care for, decorating and diy to do - all on my own, AND I'm over 60. I often feel I wont see 70 !!!!! AND MY NAME IS LINDA TOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Never feel inadequate. I have friends who have homes like show houses with cream carpets throughout, BUT when they come to my place they never want to leave - which speaks volumes !

WELL DONE YOU for doing the volunteering bit, and I can only suggest a couple of 'stiffeners' before going to bed !

There's only me, hubby and the two pusses. I am constantly cleaning, tidying and sorting out. If I'm doing anything else, it's working. I wouldn't have time for kids!! Oh but I do have two bathrooms, lol. She must have help, goes with the territory. And no doubt a people carrier or a huge 4x4 :rolleyes:

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I have four kids (all between 17-21),lots of mess and untidyness,1 hubby,3 dogs and a busy job as a Midwife.I am always busy cleaning,ironing etc and am just a really organised sort of person.
I have never had any help and have 4 bathrooms to clean...I am no Alexis!!

I used to stress about having the house clean and being presentable
all the time - i'm my mothers daughter! But i read a fab quote about how
when your are on your death bed you're unlikely to look back
on life and wish you'd spent more time cleaning!! I say good for
Alexis if she wants to have a perfect magazine spread life, i'd
rather be having some fun : )

My house is always clean but it is often untidy with books, cds and bits of stuff scattered about, but I tell myself this is because I have a lively mind and am always reading or doing something that interests me and this lessens the guilt about not having an immaculate home!! Women like Alexis do make me feel a bit of a useless slob but I have accepted now that I cannot and indeed do not want to have every part of my day timetabled, I thrive on downtime, me time or whatever anyone wants to call it and I believe that my health both physical and mental has benefited. I was a single mum and had to work flat as ex paid no child support and now that my son is grown up and the mortgage paid off I feel a lot less guilt as I lounge around my home pleasing myself. Oh and the plumber who fixed my washer the other day asked me if I was an artist as he thought my house was so "beautiful and original"!

I wouldn't worry about feeling inadequate next to Alexis. Who really knows what is going on with her life. Behind closed doors the reality from the manicured surface may be an entirely different story. I always think that the people who give off this vibe aren't really as happy/fulfilled as they make out and it's just a blag.

Alexis comes across to me as a bit cold and controlling. I don't warm to her at all.

I think you forumites sound much nicer people.

Linda xx
How full and rewarding your life is Eric's Mum :bear: At the end of the day, you can feel good that you have done something worthwhile:happy: Just thing how important you are to your mum.
Don't ever think you are inadequate , you come across to me as a warm person, whereas,Alexis comes across as superficial, she would be the type who would sulk if things don't go her way, and would think the world has ended if one of her finger nails broke. I would rather have a hundred of you around me than one of her:happy:

I wouldn't worry about feeling inadequate next to Alexis. Who really knows what is going on with her life. Behind closed doors the reality from the manicured surface may be an entirely different story. I always think that the people who give off this vibe aren't really as happy/fulfilled as they make out and it's just a blag.

Alexis comes across to me as a bit cold and controlling. I don't warm to her at all.

I think you forumites sound much nicer people.
:handshake: I totally agree!

Here's what I think:

I have a hubby, 5 daughters (only 1 still at home but she goes to Uni. in September - yippee!) , 6 geese, 12 chickens, a tortoise, 2 hamsters and a tank of fish. I am a full time nurse in a burns unit, life is certainly busy. Is my house clean? Yes Is it tidy? No! I just don't have time to be perfect and I gave up trying long ago. I only iron what I absolutely have to, I don't cook like Gordon Ramsay and I don't have designer bath products in my single bathroom.

Lynn, please don't feel inadequate and compare yourself to the Alexis types of this world! I am sure that many of the presenters and guests talk horsesh1t about their lives and the products that they all use which make it all so special - they just want you to buy their stuff. Aspirational living is the cause of many people ploughing themselves into a rut of debt and misery and that (aspirational living) is all lifestyle and shopping channels are peddling to us. They are on 24/7 365 days a year in our homes and it sucks us in - me included. I have bought loads of crap that I thought would look great when I ordered it but I have regretted quite a lot of purchases with hindsight. Like many of us forumites, I have cut back my spending and my viewing substantially and my mindset has changed too, I just don't get suckered like I used to. I think a lot of folks have done likewise because now they offer easy pay to try to boost sales. I am not saying that nobody should buy these expensive smellies and if they can afford them and want them, that's great but sadly too many buy them because they are told that buying anything else makes them inferior. I agree about the comment of Alexis being cold and controlling, she gives that impression to me as well.

Rant over!

Inge xx

I completely agree with all you say Inge and from experience I feel the same. Years ago when having to endure the hell that is mother and toddler groups it was always the same types who would bray about their homes, hubbies, holidays, and perfect lives and children etc. These were later the ones you would hear had split up and had admitted to never being happy. My two closest friends are truly beautiful(inside and out ) and rely on nothing more than dreaded supermarket and superdrug toiletries and their homes like mine are unremarkable apart from the fact they are welcoming, homely and somewhere you can relax. I try to keep on top of house work but with messy menfolk and 2 dogs I dont give myself a hard time!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
(Eleanor Roosevelt)

So true.

Latest posts

Back