Red carpet manicure TSV 19/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Being like a kiddie at Christmas last nite after ordering mine, (sad I know, I'm easily pleased), I bought some nail art ultra fine glitter from Ebay. I looked at RCM kits & their glitter, stones etc just looked like normal ones. I've never been able to do glitter effects let alone small rhinestones as they would never last on my nails.
Having seen what Rosey said that confirms my thoughts that fine glitter can be used as its the gel that you are curing under the lamp.

My glitter was 99p per 5g bag, gorgeous irridesent white, pastel lavender, silver & fuscia, I'm gonna be sparklin like a christmas tree! :cool: Better tell the people of Kent to have their sunglasses at the ready, especially when driving as a reflection could cause a hazard.

I'm so trying not to buy this so have told myself that I can only buy it if it is still available when I get home from work. I have really nice nails and often get comments on them so am a bit wary of using this in case it ruins them but let's see if its still available when I get home

How do you remove it Rosey i find the faffing about with foil tips quiet annoying, is there a quicker way?

I bought two nail soaking bowls from ebay for a couple of quid (you can use any bowl though) and just put acetone remover in them (Sally Hanson fast one is really good) soak for about 10-15 mins and then it either falls off or you can gently push it off, as you do with the foils. I pour the remover back into the bottle each time so you use hardly any. No faffing with the foils - couldnt be doing with that!

I bought two nail soaking bowls from ebay for a couple of quid (you can use any bowl though) and just put acetone remover in them (Sally Hanson fast one is really good) soak for about 10-15 mins and then it either falls off or you can gently push it off, as you do with the foils. I pour the remover back into the bottle each time so you use hardly any. No faffing with the foils - couldnt be doing with that!

Rosey, just wanted to say thanks for the great tips for us novices, very much appreciated!
So to recap its:
1-Thin coats should be applied rather than thick, which may mean that colour needs an additional coat than would normally be applied for colour density, obviously cure each coat once applied
2-You can use your existing regular polishes, just make sure they're completely dry as you would normally prior to using the top gel coat & cure the top coat as normal, (youtube has a demo)
3-You can just dip your nails in bowls of regular acetone remover for 10-15 mins rather than the foil routine, (the Sally Hansen one works).
4-Then pour the remaining remover back into the bottle for the next use

Marvellous! X

Rosey, just wanted to say thanks for the great tips for us novices, very much appreciated!
So to recap its:
1-Thin coats should be applied rather than thick, which may mean that colour needs an additional coat than would normally be applied for colour density, obviously cure each coat once applied
2-You can use your existing regular polishes, just make sure they're completely dry as you would normally prior to using the top gel coat & cure the top coat as normal, (youtube has a demo)
3-You can just dip your nails in bowls of regular acetone remover for 10-15 mins rather than the foil routine, (the Sally Hansen one works).

Marvellous! X

Woah hang on a minute - point number 2 - REALLY??!!!

So to recap its:

Marvellous! X

All correct. Thanks for re-capping.

Do not forget to use a file or buffer to remove the shiny top coat before you soak off the polish - whichever method you choose or else it will never come off. Any acetone varnish remover works, I just find that one the best for me.

I havent actually tried using my own regular polishes so cannot say if this lasts as good as the normal RCM way. But I have read and seen on Youtube that you can.

I have been using mine since last August so have worked out how best to do it for me. I love mine and think it is one of my best ever qvc purchases.

I have managed to resist too. The price for just the supplies and varnishes alone is way more than the kit and them keep saying we could do two hands at once with two lamps keeps tempting me :smirk:

Yes you can use your existing varnishes and sand witch them between the RCM base coat and the RCM top coat as long as you let the varnish dry properly (some people put the RCM top coat on next day). you can also apply the RCM in the normal way and then use your existing varnishes over the RCM top coat and then remove it when you want to go back to the RCM colour by using non acetone nail varnish remover. At the moment I just have an RCM base coat and an RCM top coat so my nails just look shiny.

Yes you can use your existing varnishes and sand witch them between the RCM base coat and the RCM top coat as long as you let the varnish dry properly (some people put the RCM top coat on next day). you can also apply the RCM in the normal way and then use your existing varnishes over the RCM top coat and then remove it when you want to go back to the RCM colour by using non acetone nail varnish remover. At the moment I just have an RCM base coat and an RCM top coat so my nails just look shiny.

Yes Ali, that's how I read it. You basically do the base coat as per RCM, cure under the lamp, then put a regular varnish on instead of the RCM one if you want BUT DON'T cure that under the lamp as it won't work, just let that polish dry naturally. Then when dry, use the RCM top coat & cure under the lamp as instructed. This means that like ILS says you've then sandwiched the normal nail polish inbetween the RCM base & Top coat.
When I get the kit I will give it a try x.

Don't forget everyone, you really should use an oil to moisturise your nails , I used the RCMP one from the kit, Champneys and avoplex, depending which is closest to me at the time. Best thing is to keep it by the side of your bed and put it on just before you switch the light off. Mind you, I'm one of the only two people on here that have had a problem so maybe my advice ain't worth following.:confused:

Thank you for all the tips everyone. :mysmilie_504:

I went for it before it moved to advanced orders. I'd already broken one more nail today just changing the bed sheets!

You are all a bad influence on me! I ordered the bright one just before it sold out. i can always return it if im not happy even though i dislike having to pay the p&P! Much happier reading your tips that i can use existing nail polishes as i have quite a selection on them!

You are all a bad influence on me! I ordered the bright one just before it sold out. i can always return it if im not happy even though i dislike having to pay the p&P! Much happier reading your tips that i can use existing nail polishes as i have quite a selection on them!

This forum's good at that lol. I nearly bought a Mulberry bag on Sat until I was put wise on here that it was a dodgy site selling copies. I hadn't even thought of another bag until I logged on here, wot r we like eh haha x.

Oh -it's sold out -not sure if I am relieved or disappointed as I had promised not to look until I got home & also can't really afford it. Hope everyone enjoys theirs & gets the desired results.

Oh -it's sold out -not sure if I am relieved or disappointed as I had promised not to look until I got home & also can't really afford it. Hope everyone enjoys theirs & gets the desired results.
No doubt it will be a TSV again in due course SA, so fear not, have a think about it in your own time & when it's next on as a TSV you'll know if it's for you or not. That's what I did.

SO far i have only seen the white tips from the French set being applied - Alison young has a flesh looking finish on hers - it doesnt look like either of the colors in the set?? Anyone know what she's used? The pink in that set looks quite bright for doing a French Mani with doesn't it? They haven't shown the colours in detail much at all

Could just be 1 coat of colour as the solid colour samples may have had 2 coats or more. I remember them saying last nite that you can do the french manicure with just the base & top clear coats with the white tip applied inbetween. That may be what you've seen. Either that or just 1 coat of pink or beige inder the white tip.

Both choices are available on advanced order - delivery w/c 11th March - if you did still want it. I have waited ever since Red Carpet Manicure first came to QVC, because I had concerns about ruining my nails. But, 2 things have persuaded me to try it this time round: One was after 3 accidents within the last 7 months, two of which resulted in broken bones (shoulder first time, at present I have a broken wrist and elbow on the same arm), my hair and nails are going through a very poor time and I am hoping that this will make my nails stronger. Two has been reading all the comments on this site about the system. I learn a lot from you guys. Anyhow, I went for the brights last night and can't wait to try them.

Latest posts

Back