Awful Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

.....past all of the beds,gadgets,hoovers,......

Dont' be silly Peterspants, er, HOOVER ??? Franks maintains she wouldn't know one end of a vacuum cleaner from the other !

I notice though when she spouts on about a product, every other sentence is the item number even if she said it 30 seconds earlier. I can just imagine her reciting it in her sleep. zzzzzzzz 'item number 405930'. zzzzzzz 'and your item number is 405930'.,zzzzzzzzzz and your item number is 4 ZERO593ZERO'.....

All I can say is the dietary supplement isn't improving her brain power - it's like watching Stepford Wives with corporate-speak.

Jill 'I have it all' gets right on my t***.I watched a repeat late last night where they were showing a hair restorative lotion.Of course she showed the new regrowth in her hair -in great detail.She has that product and of course there was the obligatory talk, talk ,talk with about 2 breaths a minute. Phew!! Next show was a make up presentation....Imedeen *I believe,which she stated she had always used.She must have one heck of a make up routine as she uses and owns them all.Where does she start?Amazing she gets out of the house too,as she must have to fight her way past all of the beds,gadgets,hoovers,etc.Silly mare.

*I have found out this is an (expensive)dietary supplement. As well as a complicated make up regime ,she must also have a dilemma deciding which of her many supplements to take.I am sure she has all of the ones from Q.

I am watching less and less of QVC. Over the last year or so the presenters have turned into a bunch of idiots. Falling over themselves to promote their own interests. The women in particular are a complete turn off. Chuntley has turned into a completely unwatchable presenter. She is constantly admiring herself in the monitor changing her hair colour and now has long dark pretend hair. Jackie has also morphed into a half wit with the childish antics and she too has pretend hair. The women presenters have all felt the need to have long hair and unfortunately it looks ridiculous and has made them all look rather horsey. They constantly shriek giggle like children and tell you nothing relevant about the product they are trying to sell. Even Julia who was once a really good presenter has mentally turned into a silly teenager. Time to get rid of them all I think. The guests would be better doing the presentations alone as these presenters make me switch off.
Absolutely agree, I find myself becoming more and more irritated especially when they talk over each other vying for top position on camera. It’s like watching school children in a playground. Simon Biaggi is a real turn off, he’s a little bit creepy, I wouldn’t like to meet him. Oh I could go on all night, I often watch QVC with the sound muted! Especially when Jill Franks is on dressed up like a fairy!

Just watching (or switching off) a re-fun of the ninja TSV. The expert is extremely irritating and he's on with Jill Franks who thinks she's being amusing by twittering on about how bad she is at cooking. Apparently the pans won't last the day - don't know how as I can't see anyone sitting through an hour of that. Bring back Gail Samways.

CC

Just watching (or switching off) a re-fun of the ninja TSV. The expert is extremely irritating and he's on with Jill Franks who thinks she's being amusing by twittering on about how bad she is at cooking. Apparently the pans won't last the day - don't know how as I can't see anyone sitting through an hour of that. Bring back Gail Samways.

CC
No don't!!!! All we need is a happy medium! There seems to be a choice of bossy and shouty and silly and twee and those in the middle being smarmy and creepy or they ain't gotta clue wot they're doin'!

If you would like a QVC Reset, watch Ideal World. Ten minutes of Peter Simon will make you think the QVC Gang are the most professional people you have ever seen. Never in all the years I’ve been watching Selly Telly, have I been so shocked at the unprofessionalism, inappropriate behaviour and language, and outright lies on any channel. It’s very clear that no prep is EVER, done, they spend large amounts of time talking to the Gallery, comparing their unbranded items to high end items, with the disclaimer that these are ‘not direct comparisons’ , fake astonishment at the prices - ‘surely this price is wrong?’ And to be honest, TJC are not much better. And as for the reliance on Social Media, surely this is driven by QVC. It’s another opportunity for sales and they will have had Focus Groups looking at the potential selling power of these platforms. And having blogs done by the presenters, giving a glimpse of their private lives is just an extension of things they’ve always shared with the audience. Shopping Telly is dying. The target audience is aging, ask anyone in their thirties if they buy of the Telly, I doubt if you’ll find many, no matter how many influencers or stylists they employ to appeal to a younger audience. Younger people buy on line, expect free returns and next day delivery, QVC needs to address this. Sorry this has become a bit of a rant! 🤣

Would someone tell that old woman with the deckchair dress on the fashion Wardrobe show, that QVC are NOT inclusive with sizing. Not that I’d want “fashion” they sell, nothing they flog comes in my size.

She just ADORES everything! What a bliddy annoying woman! That dress looks like my old school uniform summer dress.
Mine too, except mine had short sleeves. I was lucky as Mum was a dressmaker and she bought the correct fabric and made my ones. The material was actually very pretty, stripes with tiny rosebuds. Mind you it didn’t sweep the floor like the one on QVC.

Always makes me smile when they state the length of maxi dresses. They come down to the ankles on the 5’10” models. I’d have to cut off at least 6 or 7” as I’m a short. That’s one good thing if Debbie Flint is presenting she always compares the length on her.

Totally agree, I don’t want to know about Jill Franks life, loves, cooking ability, what she thinks, likes, doesn’t like, her dogs, her extremely unattractive husband, nothing, someone please tell her that it’s really really boring talking about herself ALL the time!

.....past all of the beds,gadgets,hoovers,......

Dont' be silly Peterspants, er, HOOVER ??? Franks maintains she wouldn't know one end of a vacuum cleaner from the other !

I notice though when she spouts on about a product, every other sentence is the item number even if she said it 30 seconds earlier. I can just imagine her reciting it in her sleep. zzzzzzzz 'item number 405930'. zzzzzzz 'and your item number is 405930'.,zzzzzzzzzz and your item number is 4 ZERO593ZERO'.....
Whatever does she do all day obviously no cooking or cleaning.

Just now watching and they were selling a sundial. To me it looked more like something you’d likely see in a cemetery though. I don’t think much of the stuff that company makes either. I find it to be more suited to American taste.( My Garden Stories)

Does anybody remember Miceal Murphy?

I actually quite liked his presentations at points - I haven’t seen him on for a long time!
Miceal has taken time off (initially a year) as he was diagnosed with cancer and had a long period of treatment ahead of him.

He occasionally posts on Instagram - he keeps in touch with Alison Keenan.

Shame, he seems like a lovely man.

Mine too, except mine had short sleeves. I was lucky as Mum was a dressmaker and she bought the correct fabric and made my ones. The material was actually very pretty, stripes with tiny rosebuds. Mind you it didn’t sweep the floor like the one on QVC.

Always makes me smile when they state the length of maxi dresses. They come down to the ankles on the 5’10” models. I’d have to cut off at least 6 or 7” as I’m a short. That’s one good thing if Debbie Flint is presenting she always compares the length on her.
IMO Debbie Flint is excellent when presenting clothes. For example she will say if she thinks a garment wouldn’t suit a particular shape or might be too short for the ‘normal’ person who doesn’t have nice slim smooth legs like most of the models. Or she suggests wearing with leggings.

Latest posts

Back