Awful Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hardly watch either. Every time I switch over to Q it's either Jill Frank or Flinty. Jill is by far the worst presenter on there yet she seems to do the most hours. And DF just can't help herself with the self promotion. In fact most of the female presenters are irritating. Jilly H being the exception. the male presenters are much more professional.

Oh and some of the guests annoy me too. The woman who does the diamonique - Alison "Look at my real diamonds" O'Reilly really gets on my wick.

Oh and some of the guests annoy me too. The woman who does the diamonique - Alison "Look at my real diamonds" O'Reilly really gets on my wick.

Yes she gets on my wick too. I can't abide the Frank Usher guest who seems to think we all go to cocktail parties, the ballet and opera every other night. Fiona and her greasy fringe is another who irritates me and the woman with the white streak in her hair, think she's the Marla Wynn guest. In fact It would be easier to say who doesn't annoy me. Can't think of anyone off hand though.

Oh I know, me too. Her voice sounds like a timid little mouse and she's so full of it that I'm sure her partner would never have gotten up again if he'd have got down on one knee with a Diamonbleek/cut glass ring in his hand. Another one who's full of crap in regards to "diamonds" is Lorri (gets on my) Wickmire or wire (sp?) with her Texan drawl and absolute crap knowledge of diamonds, telling everyone that QVCs prices are amazing and the best, she should be ashamed of herself, as one, no they're not, and two, any respectable jeweller wouldn't touch QVC diamonds and gold with two shi**y sticks, anything to get a paid QVC gig though eh?

'Lorri' was shown on the programme Posh Pawn, going into the pawnbrokers to flog some diamond jewellery !!! (last year I think)

The 'stylist' with the skunk streak comes on for the Logo fashion range, but stands there like a fish when it comes to the colour palette - so clearly knows bugger all.

And yes, if you try to sell any QVC jewellery to a jeweller, even from the early years when it was cheap, they will reject it like a bad smell as soon as they spot the QVC stamped on it.

I see Suzy Adams is now known as the 'Brand Ambassador' for Northern Nights ! eh???? this is QVC's own brand for God's sake and they need a 'brand ambassador' ? to do what? just come on the tele every couple of months to stroke a couple of pillows ? words fail me.

I am watching less and less of QVC. Over the last year or so the presenters have turned into a bunch of idiots. Falling over themselves to promote their own interests. The women in particular are a complete turn off. Chuntley has turned into a completely unwatchable presenter. She is constantly admiring herself in the monitor changing her hair colour and now has long dark pretend hair. Jackie has also morphed into a half wit with the childish antics and she too has pretend hair. The women presenters have all felt the need to have long hair and unfortunately it looks ridiculous and has made them all look rather horsey. They constantly shriek giggle like children and tell you nothing relevant about the product they are trying to sell. Even Julia who was once a really good presenter has mentally turned into a silly teenager. Time to get rid of them all I think. The guests would be better doing the presentations alone as these presenters make me switch off.

You mean you don't like the fact that JR, JK and DF, Chuntley and probably others are promoting their books and the fact that DF has got a B&B retreat in some far-flung place in Devon, is not enough for you to keep watching, I am surprised, nay shocked, I mean how can anyone not want to do know the intimate lives of the these salespeople who are 'flogging' us their wares!

They may have been a ever so slight touch of ironic sarcasm there!

Yes she gets on my wick too. I can't abide the Frank Usher guest who seems to think we all go to cocktail parties, the ballet and opera every other night. Fiona and her greasy fringe is another who irritates me and the woman with the white streak in her hair, think she's the Marla Wynn guest. In fact It would be easier to say who doesn't annoy me. Can't think of anyone off hand though.

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the Frank Usher guest, the minute she says pochette my tv is muted/off. I really watch less qvc every day...in the past it was always on, sometimes just as background noise... now my background noise is Pavers shoes.:grin:

I hardly watch either. Every time I switch over to Q it's either Jill Frank or Flinty. Jill is by far the worst presenter on there yet she seems to do the most hours. And DF just can't help herself with the self promotion. In fact most of the female presenters are irritating. Jilly H being the exception. the male presenters are much more professional.

Jilly Halliday irritates me with her "bran new" and is so bland in her presentation they could have a cardboard cut out of her with a recording of her from any show on continuous loop and you'd not know the difference.

Again, thought it was just me!

There are very few Presenters that I can now watch for any length of time. Craig, Claire and Pippa are a big NO! They talk as if they are in a nursery or something and it's so irritating on every level! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Jilly Halliday irritates me with her "bran new" and is so bland in her presentation they could have a cardboard cut out of her with a recording of her from any show on continuous loop and you'd not know the difference.

:mysmilie_17:

I agree, she could bore a glass eye to sleep. Jilly is very passive, she's developed a way over the years that although she comes across as down to earth and "honest" you'll hear her say things like "to be honest, I didn't think I'd like it but........" lo and behold she ends up liking it........shock! and don't get me started on the "bran" new. Chuntley is another one who's developed being passive too, as well as being a simpering pain in the arse.

Yep she gets on my wick too. A 100 of you have jumped on the phones is also one of her stock phrases that annoys me.

When ever I see Katy Pullinger I don't hear a word of what she is waffling on about as I am mesmerised by her vampire teeth,

I freely admit I only watch all of the shopping channels to take the piddle, and my tolerance level is at its' lowest with Q because of the narcissist, self-promoting presenters (with a few exceptions, Dale for instance). It seems to me that they regard the hours as self-promo with a bit of selling on the side, rather than the aim being selling - and clear explanations - of each product. Complete ego trip, BUT in all fairness I have to say that the other channels are now almost as bad - Gems and TJC are a screechfest and Ideal World contains a bunch of people with every medical complaint known to mankind, every permutation of family/friends/acquaintances - and very little knowledge of what they are flogging. For the first time in months, I glimpsed Screeching Sal on IW the other day, and blow me down, she mentioned her ruddy wedding again, so all these channels are now much of a muchness as far as I'm concerned.

When I read the title I thought, can you narrow it down a bit please? :mysmilie_17:

When ever I see Katy Pullinger I don't hear a word of what she is waffling on about as I am mesmerised by her vampire teeth,

She reminds me of Simon Dairylee, full of cheese and text book rule 101 "How To Be A Shopping TV Presenter" How she hasn't adjusted the......ummm....that she does....ummm.....every other minute, is ummm....beyond me.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_17:
Oh I know, me too. Her voice sounds like a timid little mouse and she's so full of it that I'm sure her partner would never have gotten up again if he'd have got down on one knee with a Diamonbleek/cut glass ring in his hand. Another one who's full of crap in regards to "diamonds" is Lorri (gets on my) Wickmire or wire (sp?) with her Texan drawl and absolute crap knowledge of diamonds, telling everyone that QVCs prices are amazing and the best, she should be ashamed of herself, as one, no they're not, and two, any respectable jeweller wouldn't touch QVC diamonds and gold with two shi**y sticks, anything to get a paid QVC gig though eh?

I can't stand the ****** giggling and cackling about irrelevant rubbish, it's spectacularly irritating. Why don't the people in their ears tell them off?! It's so offputting. And the waffly wittering, especially from Jill. I swear she says about 5000 words per minute. Stay on the topic you're meant to be talking about and slow down for god's sake. What's wrong with talking calmly and at a normal pace, it's much nicer to listen to. She doesn't seem to breathe between sentences even, just witter witter witter. Awful.

I can't stand the ****** giggling and cackling about irrelevant rubbish, it's spectacularly irritating. Why don't the people in their ears tell them off?! It's so offputting. And the waffly wittering, especially from Jill. I swear she says about 5000 words per minute. Stay on the topic you're meant to be talking about and slow down for god's sake. What's wrong with talking calmly and at a normal pace, it's much nicer to listen to. She doesn't seem to breathe between sentences even, just witter witter witter. Awful.

Jill 'I have it all' gets right on my t***.I watched a repeat late last night where they were showing a hair restorative lotion.Of course she showed the new regrowth in her hair -in great detail.She has that product and of course there was the obligatory talk, talk ,talk with about 2 breaths a minute. Phew!! Next show was a make up presentation....Imedeen *I believe,which she stated she had always used.She must have one heck of a make up routine as she uses and owns them all.Where does she start?Amazing she gets out of the house too,as she must have to fight her way past all of the beds,gadgets,hoovers,etc.Silly mare.

*I have found out this is an (expensive)dietary supplement. As well as a complicated make up regime ,she must also have a dilemma deciding which of her many supplements to take.I am sure she has all of the ones from Q.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back