Masterclass by Ingrid????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
I nearly choked at that suggestion Yong Kim is not my bag at all as I prefer more structured clothes...... but Ingrid doing a masterclass ...please!! she wants to give suggestions at what to take with you when you are going away depending on where you are going!! She doesn`t even know about the garments she is presenting half the time never mind give advice !! I do wish she would make an effort and do something with her hair. She is on TV after all !!

shes an eco warrior so i suspect she knows how to pack lightly. also eco warriors dont got to hairdressers. i actually like her

You do have to like her, but honestly sometimes she looks as though she's wearing everything in her wardrobe, maybe that will be her advice for holiday packing, just WEAR everything!!

Last edited:
You do have to like her, but honestly sometimes she looks as though she's wearing everything in her wardrobe, maybe that will be her advice for holiday packing, just WEAR everything!!

Bless her, imo 99% of the time she looks like a 'rag bag'....:mysmilie_61:

What is it about "celebrities" having to dish out advice to us on what we've previously managed to do in our lives without any difficulty? Regardless of intelligence level everyone has a basic grasp of what to pack for their holidays. Going somewhere hot - avoid packing jumpers. Going somewhere cold - consider packing jumpers.

Gees.

She is fun to watch, and she does suit the Yong Kim clothes, because of her personality I think as much as anything. Yong Kim isn't for me, I would look very shabby in the clothes, because well they are very shabby looking, and very expensive at that too.

Sadly the word "grooming" is now of a bygone age, and generations have now 'grown-up' (or not) without an inkling of how to 'dress up' or be smart.

Smart Casual has crept into the vocabulary over the past 20 odd years, so much so, that no matter what the occasion, that's how everyone dresses and more often than not without the Smart bit ! At a recent wedding reception, some late visitors arrived, the ladies were all dressed lovely, but the fellas ! well, scruffy jeans and faded Polo shirts were worn by some, as if they were off to a football match. I thought, this is Britain at its finest !!!

Yes, I slob around in crops and trakky bottoms, who doesn't ? but I also dress occasion appropriate and run a comb through my hair beforehand !

lol Not as daft as it sounds. I watched a consumer programme showing people how to travel on a budget flight and not have to pay for any luggage and the answer was a huge big baggy waistcoat/coat you can actually buy for this purpose. The waistcoat had umpteen different sized pockets both inside and out and it challenged a family of 4 to pack everything they needed in them for a week`s holiday. They managed it and the Dad even fitted in his laptop. Mind you they all looked like the Michelin family. Maybe YK has missed a trick here, designer holiday coats lol

I had to laugh when, on last nights show with DF they suggested using the crinkle look clothes as £90+pyjama tops if you don't like the look enough to go out in public wearingthe clothes. I suggest saving money and not buying something you don't like. Ingrid's outfit was awful last night but I don't think she's a horrible person,she has poor dress sense & has drunk the Yong Kim 'Kool aid' and Is a complete disciple

Last edited:
I've always been very sceptical as to whether Yong Kim is an actual person. ........ now it can be revealed..............

http://www.trademarkia.com/yong-kim-85804795.html

The name is purely a trademark for the company, Comfy Apparel, with a Joyce Cho listed as legal correspondent. So much for Ingrid's guff about YK being a talented designer !!!!!

I've always been very sceptical as to whether Yong Kim is an actual person. ........ now it can be revealed..............

The name is purely a trademark for the company, Comfy Apparel, with a Joyce Cho listed as legal correspondent. So much for Ingrid's guff about YK being a talented designer !!!!!

On a show some while back Ingrid said that she had met YK and that she was a real person, the designer behind the clothes and went on to say a bit about her.??

Yes, Comfy USA, have seen loads of it on Ebay. Much cheaper prices than Yong Kim.

Ingrid maybe likable as a person but as an ambassador she wouldn`t figure if I was a `designer` she always looks like she`s been dragged through a hedge and sounds as though she is making it up as she goes along ..if a technical question comes up she flounders and now we are told Yong Kim isn`t a person......well who did Ingrid meet then? If I went into a store and the assistant selling a so called designer label at those prices and looked like that I`d turn straight around and walk out..... although as I said its not my style but I can appreciate those who do suit it..and Ingrid isn`t one of them ...I can`t wear linen for the same reason I always look as though I`ve just got out of bed ...each to their own ...but then again she got the job didn`t she because of who she knew not because of what she knows !! JMPO

(mum writes)

Perhaps Ingrid spoke to Young Kim?
http://www2.kent.edu/artscollege/fashion/profiles/~ykim16/

YK was on the telly when someone pulled out a garment. At that moment my son walked in and said "that looks like the dog's blanket when it's been washed. What is it?" I had to laugh as this was some £101 skirt I think! I just don't understand the appeal of looking like that. Perhaps it does suit slim Ingrid, draped in layers, but I think it would make most people look like the mad cat woman. What is this madness? I don't suppose anyone outside of QVC has heard of the name and they'd just assume your iron broke. And having to pay through the nose for the privilege. I'd feel robbed if I paid 50p in a jumble sale for most of the range. And I make no apologies for having my opinion on that!

Personally I think some old dear sitting in an old folks home and trying to eke out her pension hit upon the idea of selling fashion. She looked for inspiration around her and noticed young Kitty, age 93 wore the crinkled look very well from dozing in her chair all day and that the baggy look fitted all sizes when the home lost their laundry. Hence YK was born. Well that`s my vision of it ...

On a show some while back Ingrid said that she had met YK and that she was a real person, the designer behind the clothes and went on to say a bit about her.??

Well isn't this mysterious, Ingrid also says that she always trying to get Yong Kim to come to QVC,but she's very shy ( or something like that) and she definitely says she's met her, don't think it's Young Kim, surely they wouldn't get the spelling wrong. :mysmilie_854:

That's just standard trademark with the legal rep nothing to do with Yong Kim bring a real person lol!

I realise that the legal rep would have nothing to do with the design team (I ain't that stoooopid), but YK appears to be just a trademark name (and not a real person) as are the other 'trademark names' under Comfy Apparel's banner., which you will see if you press the right button !! No doubt the same way that Northern Nights and Kitchen Essentials and Centigrade are under the QVC umbrella.

Latest posts

Back