Diane Gilman TSV 30/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Likewise DD, I wasn't going to fess up, but I've ordered a pair in every colour! This is the first time I've ever done such an extravagant thing - maybe I need therapy!

Likewise DD, I wasn't going to fess up, but I've ordered a pair in every colour! This is the first time I've ever done such an extravagant thing - maybe I need therapy!

LOL maybe I should get the beige too then. I was tempted but talked myself out of them by thinking I'd probably prefer cotton trousers in that colour rather than jeans... 'Or would I?' :wonder:

No, I haven't watched any of the shows so haven't seen the tops. I sew most of my own tops anyway, it's just jeans I have to buy. I might get around to having a go at making jeans one day, but tops are generally quite easy to run up.

I've ordered the beige ones. Wanted the White too but they'd sold out in my size.

Nothing in this range for me as like all other qvc ' fashion' ranges,these don't do a long fitting with an inseam of around 33" despite using models of my height5' 10".

Late to the party on this... I only just saw the video of the launch last night. I think it's a pity for Jilly that Diane Gilman does tops... the one she was wearing was incredibly unflattering. It was cut too high at the neck, had horizontal stripes, that sharkbite hem that emphasises broad hips, and in a beige that just washed her out. Jilly is normally very astute in her choice of tops, chosing soft flattering colours that warm her complexion and make her look younger and fresher.

In general, I didn't think any of the models looked particularly good in any of the tops (particularly Jane, I'm afraid). I'm sure DGs tops are very comfortable, but personally, I think the way they are cut (or perhaps the sizes used on the models) mean they look rather shapeless and swamp the wearer. I've not yet seen a single one which offers colour choices and styles which would tempt me to buy.

I was interested but the sizing is just not clear and very confusing. Each style has a different waist measurement and can differ inches on each style so I did not bother,

I've often been tempted to try DG Jeans but when I see the models in them they look so tight and stretched around the the thighs it puts me off. I do like the range of colours and sizes she does.

I've often been tempted to try DG Jeans but when I see the models in them they look so tight and stretched around the the thighs it puts me off. I do like the range of colours and sizes she does.

The mother and daughter double act Catherine and Jane look poured into the jeans, they should go up a size imho.

I actually thought that Jilly looked a lot better than some if the other Q items she has had to endure. I'm sure she has lost weight too, but it is so hard to tell as she keeps hiding behind things. Last night she kept holding the jeans on hangers in front of her body. There is no need for that as I think she looks lovely, and I like her hair!

The contrast with how she looked this evening - back in her loose black trousers, with a shocking pink top which was quite fitted and topped off with a black shrug. She looked slimmer and more comfortable. You may see if you missed it, if the video for the Love Rocks and Smith & Canova items which she presented last night includes her hosting.

I just think it's a shame when the choices available are so unflattering (in my opinion, of course) to the presenter.

But I do agree that she looked better than she did in the recent TSV dress...

I caught the launch of the TSV and have to say I was very relieved that Diane wasn't there herself as she really does my head in with her non-stop talking all repetitive and over the presenter. I am, however, sorry to hear she's poorly.

I agree that the shark bite top looked dreadful on both Jilly and Catherine. They are both 'hippy' and it just widened that area - really unflattering choice... And they're both such pretty ladies they should put in them in outifts which flatter their figures. Where are Trinny and Susannah when you need them?! I do love Jilly's hair and she has such a lovely face which just doesn't seem to age!

And as others have said all of the DG tops weren't quite 'right': too high at the neck, shark bite hems etc etc! Perhaps she should stick to jeans!

Incidentally those of you struggling to find a good fit, have you tried Gap? I'm tall so although my figure is relatively easy to fit, my legs aren't! But there are sooo many choices in there in terms of the denim and the style. I have a super pair of wider-leg indigo jeans which have a good rise (so no knickers showing when I bend over!) which have stretch and have never dyed anything and have last so well.

A colleague of mine recommended 'not your daughters jeans' anyone tried them? They sound like a designer (expensive) version of Diane Gilmans.

I like the price point of these tsv as I always live in hope of losing a bit of weight so don't want to make huge a financial investment.

I ordered and returned a pair of NDJs from Peter Hahn recently. Good quality, but the rise was slightly too low for me.

I always think Catherine looks larger than 10-12 they say she is. As she is 5ft 9in I'd say she looks a large 14 but maybe it's the camera.

jilly has lost weight. she looks lovely. she wears a size 16 in dj jeans hardly huge with her height

Apols if I'm repeating a comment, I'm ashamed to say I haven't read the whole thread.

The trousers looked very tight on everyone even Carla who is very slim. The legs were wrinkled and pulled across the leg. Either their usual sizes were cut too small or they had squeezed into a smaller size to demonstrate their stretchiness.

Latest posts

Back