A Full Day of Gardening - FANTASTIC!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Well l for one am absolutely delighted with QVCs decision to put a full day of Gardening shows on. It has given me the incentive to get of my backside and go for a walk and get some fresh air and exercise. I can't stand an hour of Gardening so a full day is a big turn off for me. Brilliant, l am off to do some ironing now and catch up on some jobs. Thanks QVC you have been a godsend today!

Could not agree more, it is certainly a lovely day, I saw the QVC to schedule today and thought "great, I won't be tempted to even put the channel on", have been out for a nice walk and now have no excuse to stop me doing some spring cleaning!

I might venture into the garden and clean my Bernini fountains... Hope they're so working. So maybe the little gnome has done me a favour. Even picking up the dog poo is preferable to today's show.

Just back from a long walk with the dog. Lovely weather and you can tell Spring is almost here. Gardening shows are the most boring shows on Earth IMO and even more boring are all the pics people post on Q`s facebook page of their gardens, plant pots and flowerbeds. Who cares that they use the garden gnome`s flower power or wet and forget etc. I really don`t want to see photos of your plastic planters and wooden horse and carts or window boxes !

No QVC for me today...I would rather watch paint dry than watch the grinning gnome....

its a trot down to homesense and the garden centre for a look much nicer and better priced goodies

the de ager bulb chap looks totally bemused at gill gaunlets musing regarding this crystal hanging thingamebob she is dangling in front of him.

I'd tune in, at least for a while, if it was George Clowes, and no RJ. He's got a lovely manner and I could listen to his voice any day.

Just back from a long walk with the dog. Lovely weather and you can tell Spring is almost here. Gardening shows are the most boring shows on Earth IMO and even more boring are all the pics people post on Q`s facebook page of their gardens, plant pots and flowerbeds. Who cares that they use the garden gnome`s flower power or wet and forget etc. I really don`t want to see photos of your plastic planters and wooden horse and carts or window boxes !
That horse and cart (or is it a donkey?) did make me laugh though.

Well i love gardening but more than an hour of the gnome is to much so it will be a look now and again throughout the day

The temperature is in double digits today here for the first time in months, perfect excuse to get outside and avoid a whole day of yawn inducing gardening shows on QVC.

Crikey, 24 hours of gardening. The CIA have waterboarding, we have Richard Jackson. Honestly, there are always going to be things on the telly we don't all like, but why do they insist on putting the same thing on for so many hours? And we get it every weekend. I'm sure even the most hardened and green-fingered garden lovers among us find it too much.

When you hear what numbers are being sold allegedly you really do wonder if people have more money than sense:sad:

When you hear what numbers are being sold allegedly you really do wonder if people have more money than sense:sad:

I`ve often said it and I`ll stand by it, I swear some people are brainwashed when it comes to shopping with QVC. You see them online on Q`s facebook page, texting or tweeting the studio and now again you hear them on air. It`s as if their World begins and ends with QVC products and I doubt they ever bother to look elsewhere. I shake my head in disbelief at some of them.
I know it`s unrelated to the topic but take the Green Seasons debacle, if that had been my Christmas dinner up the swanee I`d have taken it to the highest and probably to the press and trading standards but hey ho, the QVC worshippers mainly sat back, had a moan and then accepted a small token of £20. I daresay many of them will re order next year too. It beggars belief.
Back on topic, the plastic pots and tubs are everywhere from Home Bargains, to Aldi to Ebay to every garden centre on the planet and yet people will pay well over the odds for QVC pots. Before you know it, their facebook page will be filled with photos of damaged or dead plants and yet people will still continue to order them, that`s if they ever arrive in the first place !

I`ve often said it and I`ll stand by it, I swear some people are brainwashed when it comes to shopping with QVC. You see them online on Q`s facebook page, texting or tweeting the studio and now again you hear them on air. It`s as if their World begins and ends with QVC products and I doubt they ever bother to look elsewhere. I shake my head in disbelief at some of them.
I know it`s unrelated to the topic but take the Green Seasons debacle, if that had been my Christmas dinner up the swanee I`d have taken it to the highest and probably to the press and trading standards but hey ho, the QVC worshippers mainly sat back, had a moan and then accepted a small token of £20. I daresay many of them will re order next year too. It beggars belief.
Back on topic, the plastic pots and tubs are everywhere from Home Bargains, to Aldi to Ebay to every garden centre on the planet and yet people will pay well over the odds for QVC pots. Before you know it, their facebook page will be filled with photos of damaged or dead plants and yet people will still continue to order them, that`s if they ever arrive in the first place !

Comes back to "fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me".

I actually was just watching a gardening hour on Hochanda - young lady guest called Lottie giving planting advice on a variety of different bundles of plants... Just her guesting with presenter Charlie. No hands in pockets, no extra guests. Much nicer than watching RJ sit back and rake in the money.

I just hope the whole day of gardening sees their turnover plummet... then they might take a hint that a whole day of unrelieved gardening is not what their customers want. I dare say the loyalists will spend enough for them to think it's worth doing, but really, I doubt it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back