Tarte TSV 15/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I do live on the coast so I thought maybe QVC were classing my address as not "mainland UK" enough!

I'm disappointed with the range of yellow tones, usually Tarte have lots of yellow tone foundations & no pink, my best is fair neutral - I hope it's not pinky.

Still giving that weird message when trying to order online. What on earth are they playing at?

Great to see the images of the ADs.

Thought the contour in the final one was supposed to be a palette though, not just a crayon. That one does not look as good value as the first two.

Hmm that does look a bit skimpy; I don't mind them including the contour crayon but we should get a third palette as well! There'll be lots of cancelled AD's after the second set! Including mine!

Hmm that does look a bit skimpy; I don't mind them including the contour crayon but we should get a third palette as well! There'll be lots of cancelled AD's after the second set! Including mine!

Where did you see the pictures of the auto deliveries? I can't find them.

So no palette at all in the third drop! Can't see me sticking with it for that either.

Where did you see the pictures of the auto deliveries? I can't find them.

In the link, the first picture you see is the first drop, there is a second picture which is the second delivery.

I have to say that the second delivery looks a bit sparse compared to the first one.

The colour of the second palette and second lipstick just seem too Barbie pink for me, but would have to see if they showed them properly in the demo. The brushes are lovely in the first and second drops.

The auto delivery is live now & putting orders through online.
I've just ordered the Fair Neutral.

Prepare to be baffled!

In terms of colour any of the "fair" foundations are very pale. The Tarte "neutral" suffix denotes "yellow & pink tones"

They don't do a really cool option with just pink tones; my sister used a pale foundation with true pink tones in the 60s and it looked like calamine lotion!

I reckon that unless you have really strong yellow tones in your skin that the "neutral" shades will look better. So if you suit Light Sand in the Amazon 12 hour foundation then I'd go for Light (N) in this TSV. You might get away with the Light Medium (honey) in the Summer, but it is quite a bit deeper in tone than Light.

Just to ensure that everyone is completely baffled I'm uploading the swatches I did a while ago (the powder foundation one don't apply to this set obviously but might help you find a depth of colour that matches other products you may have tried).

The swatches on skin show just how far short of "UK milk-bottle blue-white American foundations fall! You can see that they aren't suitable for the palest skins. From left to right:

Left: "Light Medium Honey" in the 12 hour Amazonian Clay

Middle: "Light Sand" in the Colored Clay liquid foundation (Q no longer sell this foundation)

Right: "Fair Sand" in the 12 hour Amazonian Clay.

Sorry if this just adds to the confusion, but as Donna said earlier it's easier to add warmth with bronzer or blush than it is to tone down a base that doesn't match you neck. As a single item 216290, the Fair option is Fair Neutral; I bought this when it launched. But the Light is Light Sand.

I hope Leigh gets enough time to show real swatches of the foundation, not just the same old still shots they show for every brand!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 262
  • LM,L,F.jpg
    LM,L,F.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 241
Thanks Akimbo, your post was very helpful, so if I went for the light medium honey in the 12 hour Amazon clay one what should I go for in this one? In Bm I always go for medium beige, I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find the shade I want has sold out. But would prefer to chose after seeing them in the flesh

Oh heck! Too much responsibility Letz-b! But I reckon so. It's so difficult to tell even those swatches might translate differently on your screen and mine. Eeek I hope I won't wake up, middle of next week to an angry mob of orange-faced make up buyers (Kabuki in one hand, pitchfork in the other)!

Just noticed that the new item - set of 4 blushers & brush was £30 yesterday with free postage but this morning the price is 32.50 (still freepost!) Here! Be aware that these are only 1.5g each whereas the full-size blushers are 6g. So not such a great deal unless you prefer the idea of having 4 different blushers and rate the brush (looks a bit spindly to me).

In terms of colour any of the "fair" foundations are very pale. The Tarte "neutral" suffix denotes "yellow & pink tones"

They don't do a really cool option with just pink tones; my sister used a pale foundation with true pink tones in the 60s and it looked like calamine lotion!

I reckon that unless you have really strong yellow tones in your skin that the "neutral" shades will look better. So if you suit Light Sand in the Amazon 12 hour foundation then I'd go for Light (N) in this TSV. You might get away with the Light Medium (honey) in the Summer, but it is quite a bit deeper in tone than Light.

Just to ensure that everyone is completely baffled I'm uploading the swatches I did a while ago (the powder foundation one don't apply to this set obviously but might help you find a depth of colour that matches other products you may have tried).

The swatches on skin show just how far short of "UK milk-bottle blue-white American foundations fall! You can see that they aren't suitable for the palest skins. From left to right:

Left: "Light Medium Honey" in the 12 hour Amazonian Clay

Middle: "Light Sand" in the Colored Clay liquid foundation (Q no longer sell this foundation)

Right: "Fair Sand" in the 12 hour Amazonian Clay.

Sorry if this just adds to the confusion, but as Donna said earlier it's easier to add warmth with bronzer or blush than it is to tone down a base that doesn't match you neck. As a single item 216290, the Fair option is Fair Neutral; I bought this when it launched. But the Light is Light Sand.

I hope Leigh gets enough time to show real swatches of the foundation, not just the same old still shots they show for every brand!

Well done Akimbo! You can definitely see which ones are pinkier-toned (and with BM, I would say if you see the word Fair in the description it will be pinkier toned, as someone matched to Fairly Medium in their original loose formulation, and preferring LG Fair B&B)... Can I just nit-pick slightly on the Laura Geller? Is it Porcelain & Fair you are swatching, or Fair and Medium?

I know on Facebook quite a few freaking over the term Neutral, they think its pink! I keep saying no beige which suits both pink/yellow unless your tone is very yellow.

American brands always run deeper than UK skin tones anyway. Some US brands have their foundations made in the far east Japan so they do run paler. True pink toned foundations Guerlain do these are actually for Indian/Asian skin tones which need pink to tone down ashyness(sp) in their skin tones. Companies are now moving more towards beige tones rather that the old pink or yellow untones.

As Akimbo said back in the 80s pink was the colour of foundation and that was it. Bobbi Brown in the 90s decided that everyone needed yellow, so brands started making yellow only. Have to say I am lucky as I can wear yellow or beige.

I know on Facebook quite a few freaking over the term Neutral, they think its pink! I keep saying no beige which suits both pink/yellow unless your tone is very yellow.

American brands always run deeper than UK skin tones anyway. Some US brands have their foundations made in the far east Japan so they do run paler. True pink toned foundations Guerlain do these are actually for Indian/Asian skin tones which need pink to tone down ashyness(sp) in their skin tones. Companies are now moving more towards beige tones rather that the old pink or yellow untones.

As Akimbo said back in the 80s pink was the colour of foundation and that was it. Bobbi Brown in the 90s decided that everyone needed yellow, so brands started making yellow only. Have to say I am lucky as I can wear yellow or beige.

It really is a bit of a minefield!

Pink-toned, Yellow-toned, Peach-toned. Beige is a complete nightmare as it can be any of Pink/Yellow/Peach-toned!

What I found a bit surprising, as I had a very olive-toned skin as a child (to the extent where my skin was almost-green at the bridge of my nose) that as an adult I've become more pink-toned.

Mind you, I'm also using a Clarins tinted moisturiser in sand - it's 02 (but there is no 01, so it's the lightest one they sell here)... but fair - 00 in their BB Skin Detox!

Latest posts

Back