Julia R

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can’t believe I missed the Julia I was at school with you, so just look at me now comments.
But I’m shocked there were Carla comments, always thought Julia reference them being friends and enjoying being on together.
Though having said that going from it looking like Carla was the golden girl on every fashion hour. With her commenting on how many purchases of clothing, beauty and jewellery she’d been making it seems like she has been somewhat dropped.

Can’t believe I missed the look at me know comments
But I’m shocked there were Carla comments, always thought Julia reference them being friends and enjoying being on together.
Though having said that going from it looking like Carla was the golden girl on every fashion hour. With her commenting on how many purchases of clothing, beauty and jewellery she’d been making it seems like she has been somewhat dropped.
I imagine Julia is jealous... and I wouldn't put it past her to have put in a word... imo.

I don’t understand just how it all works with regards to making a living, but I think the powers that be are making them into a form of influencers
Probably right.
Recently have noticed that some of CH’s Instagram posts (sometimes have a nose ‘cos of the cat stuff) now state Paid Partnership with QVC.
So being a curious mare had a look on her FB as well, and the same there.
#Ad also used by some of the others on their accounts.

Probably right.
Recently have noticed that some of CH’s Instagram posts (sometimes have a nose ‘cos of the cat stuff) now state Paid Partnership with QVC.
So being a curious mare had a look on her FB as well, and the same there.
#Ad also used by some of the others on their accounts.
Well I never so how does that work they must be raking it in more now doing stuff at home
Shame they don’t put as much work into preparing for actually selling the on air items instead of turning to their guests.

I have been on this forum for years. For years and years JR has been criticised for her high-handed manner and Queen Bee tendencies. She has always been vain and self-centred. I am sure she knows what people have been saying about her. She will put it all down to jealousy.

She will never change. She doesn't care.
JR would not like any criticism and I agree that she would probably dismiss it as jealousy but it begs the question, what kind of lives does she think we have? Who are QVC viewers? What jobs does she imagine we do? What are our houses like? Do we have nice jewellery? Do we have nice holidays? I’d like to know what she imagines we are jealous of. She doesn’t know us. What we know about her Is what she puts out there. Yes, we have been critical about the way she behaves but we are not writing fairy stories, she has provided the material. Our examples are things she has actually said or things we have seen on our screens.

Many of us are as well off asJR and a great many of us haven’t waited in desperation for 43 years for a proposal.

Not being married is a personal choice and no problem but to mention never having been asked on every jewellery show and then acting like a teenager is desperation.

Then selling it to a magazine is toe curling.

Bea, that was my reaction, - and who knows, she may have been as unpleasant back in those days which made her not very popular - (but bulllying of any description is obnoxious in any form).
I was bullied, yes it’s awful. I saw one of them whilst shopping after many many years ( at least 30) and i felt sick and sweaty .. I had to run out and asked my hubby to just get out quickly too. All the awful feelings came back . I felt stupid afterwards. My hubby was worried but soon forgot and carried on with life. Totally blindsided me .. I’ve had lots of counselling in the past and as I’m writing this, I’ve just thought .. I never once mentioned it !

She may also feel pleased that she wakes up every day; her illness is chronic & may be under control at present but that can change at any time.
Yes I do feel for Julia with the awful health scare she had and consequent treatment. If I’m above ground and well and my family then I’m grateful for sure

The tat peddlers all look very cosy in their QVC niche & most must be well into their second decade with the Number One telly selly channel. Julia was the best of a better bunch for years but that was when they sold alone, knew about the products & didn't turn every hour into a self promotion video.

I was bullied, yes it’s awful. I saw one of them whilst shopping after many many years ( at least 30) and i felt sick and sweaty .. I had to run out and asked my hubby to just get out quickly too. All the awful feelings came back . I felt stupid afterwards. My hubby was worried but soon forgot and carried on with life. Totally blindsided me .. I’ve had lots of counselling in the past and as I’m writing this, I’ve just thought .. I never once mentioned it !
I'm so sorry. I detest bullies & had to put many children back together when they were victims; obviously the school didn't have a policy of naming & shaming but staff knew who they were & the bullies knew that we did. What I never expected was that I would also have to do the same for my 21 year old daughter when she was nearly destroyed by a member of staff when she started her first teaching job, she came through & is stronger for the experience. A couple of years after she'd moved to another school we saw the woman, she came over all smiley & interested in what was happening, she then wished she hadn't as this tiger mother gave her chapter & verse, all sotto voce of course. Bullies are inadequate individuals, sadly their inadequacy hurts others.

I remember when a friend of Marie Francoise had just had a baby who was called Luna. Julia made a comment about the baby’s name. I think it was something like “some parents just don’t think”. Whatever you thought of the name you just wouldn’t say anything.
YES I heard that one. I’d forgotten. Very unnecessary. She certainly seems to be queen of the poison dart through the velvet glove. Ugh. Plain spiteful.

I'm so sorry. I detest bullies & had to put many children back together when they were victims; obviously the school didn't have a policy of naming & shaming but staff knew who they were & the bullies knew that we did. What I never expected was that I would also have to do the same for my 21 year old daughter when she was nearly destroyed by a member of staff when she started her first teaching job, she came through & is stronger for the experience. A couple of years after she'd moved to another school we saw the woman, she came over all smiley & interested in what was happening, she then wished she hadn't as this tiger mother gave her chapter & verse, all sotto voce of course. Bullies are inadequate individuals, sadly their inadequacy hurts others.
Well done Mum !!! ❤️❤️ School and work unfortunately. Yes I agree so much with what you are saying. I worked for an insurance company from 1982 for 3 and half years. I still don’t know how I stayed that long. I can only hope the women involved are feeling sorry for their conduct. ( it got worse when I met hubby and I left as I didn’t want them at our wedding ) .. People who bully are very unhappy i believe too.
😘😘Thank you for your kind words and sharing your daughters awful experience. X

Ps ... you’ve done a great job with helping other children going through that hell. Which it is for sure ...🥲

If you've been bullied and come through it, you do come through stronger, but sadly, it affects a lot of people for the rest of their lives. A friend who was bullied at school trained as a teacher who was fearless in tackling bullies at her school. I do hope Carla is okay - lovely lady.

I wonder if Julia realises how insecure and mean-spirited her behaviour on air makes her look? I wonder if she would care?
For several years it has become notable how often she uses nasty put-downs on air and follows it up with "only joking" type comments.
In recent memory she has been horrible to Alison Reilly on her return from gruelling cancer treatment that caused her hair loss, and more recently she has been horrible on air to Carla Laszlo, of all people.
I do not think these are attractive traits, in fact I think they are toxic. Putting down others to make you seem better is not a good look.
I suppose it could all be just an act, and in real life she may be a much nicer person than her on air persona makes her look... but I'm sure there was a time when she was both professional and likeable. I know I used to enjoy shows she presented in the early days.
Is it coincidence that my original 2 faves, Julia and Debbie, are now in my most disliked? Sadly, not.
Why was she horrible to Carla Lasslo?

Latest posts

Back