Lyndsay ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ahem. 😶😶😶

Kate is great, most of the time, but she just had a Lindsey Carr moment. A Load From Code on this pendant generated a description about this being very "Greek goddess"...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-28-07-25-57-271.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-01-28-07-25-57-271.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37
Ahem. 😶😶😶

Kate is great, most of the time, but she just had a Lindsey Carr moment. A Load From Code on this pendant generated a description about this being very "Greek goddess"...

To be fair, it's quicker than saying its a pendant of "a bloke with a mohican fighting off a seagull that is trying to steal some chips from his hand".

That's what it is, isn't it? ;-)

To be fair, it's quicker than saying its a pendant of "a bloke with a mohican fighting off a seagull that is trying to steal some chips from his hand".

That's what it is, isn't it? ;-)
Well, even if it is a (rather insulting) portrayal of Minerva. She's a Roman Goddess, not Greek (the closest Greek equivalent is Athene). (I'll go back to pedant corner now.)

Well, even if it is a (rather insulting) portrayal of Minerva. She's a Roman Goddess, not Greek (the closest Greek equivalent is Athene). (I'll go back to pedant corner now.)
I've taken a closer look. I still think it looks more like a bloke with a mohican fighting off a seagull that is trying to steal some chips from his hand........

EDIT:

Actually, perhaps I was a bit harsh. Upon closer inspection, I believe its a pigeon..........

I've taken a closer look. I still think it looks more like a bloke with a mohican fighting off a seagull that is trying to steal some chips from his hand........

EDIT:

Actually, perhaps I was a bit harsh. Upon closer inspection, I believe its a pigeon..........
Could it be the seagull with the fat legs that they were selling some month ago :cool:

But calling it aventurine lets them jog the price up 😉
How true you are.

Quartz is synonymous with being a 'cheap' gemstone. 'Aventurine' doesn't have that same stigma - even though its a variety of Quartz.

It's like years ago when they sold a stone called 'Strawberry Feldspar'. So, Sunstone then..................

'Andesine' - so, diffused Yellow Labradorite then.

It reminds me of job descriptions:

Refuse Collection Operative - so, binman then...........
Advanced Wasteroom Technician - so, chief toilet cleaner...........

Lyndsey is showing golden silk quartzite jade right now and there's a bracelet that I saw before that I quite liked with pumpkin shaped beads but its £129 - I found one almost identical on Temu for £7.64. I'd never ordered from Temu before, but it was so cheap, I thought I would try it. Its fine, its just a bead bracelet, but glad I didn't pay £129!

I'm not sure how they're still getting away with calling this 'Quartzite Jade'.

I've been told that someone pulled them up about this on Jewellery Maker's Facebook page a month or two ago - and JM accepted that 'Quartzite Jade' did not contain any Jade - however, I've just tried to find the post myself - but I can't find it.

Regardless, a quick Google tells me that it is simply Quartzite/Aventurine that look's like Jade.

You can put a Jaguar engine in a Ford Mondeo and call it a Jaguar - but it's still a Ford Mondeo.

I'm not sure how they're still getting away with calling this 'Quartzite Jade'.

I've been told that someone pulled them up about this on Jewellery Maker's Facebook page a month or two ago - and JM accepted that 'Quartzite Jade' did not contain any Jade - however, I've just tried to find the post myself - but I can't find it.

Regardless, a quick Google tells me that it is simply Quartzite/Aventurine that look's like Jade.

You can put a Jaguar engine in a Ford Mondeo and call it a Jaguar - but it's still a Ford Mondeo.
They behave like the Chinese. In China the word "jade" may be a code for "gem" or "jewel" (not necessarily jadeite or nephrite).

Right, I'm just off to the airport. Managed to get a stall at Tucson.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Only cost me $10 for the weekend and, apparently, I have a spot next to some high end Burgerite vendors in a van. Never heard of Burgerite and, being yanks, they can't mean "van" really. I expect they're being modest. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I invested my family inheritance in a job lot of the Destello pink & blue agate key fobs before the Brand was discontinued (so it's now rare) and over 200 gold tone, naturally coloured pearl strands, which I'll be selling as Jumping Jehoshaphat Jade and Pretty Pearl Poops.

Wish me luck!

Soooo....Mrs Carr starts off comparing her offering to Tiffany & Co. OK, no surprise. Standard Carr BS. Then she actually says "Let me show you what you can get on the high street". First slide attached.

🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-02-15-34-01-792.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-02-15-34-01-792.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 51
What is it with this lady? She has just said, on air, two things that are wrong. No couching, hedging, covering with "in my opinion" type BS or any sort of other qualifications:

1. "...the purest silver you can get..." - Er, no.
2. "...the purest silver we can offer you..." - erm, Britannia & Argentium 960?

She just doesn't care does she? Turn up, no prep, no interest in the company she works for, no interest in jewellery at all. God help Elizabeth Hunt and Tara Coomber if they ever get to work with this level of ignorance. 😡
Screenshot_2024-02-18-17-28-25-008.jpeg

What is it with this lady? She has just said, on air, two things that are wrong. No couching, hedging, covering with "in my opinion" type BS or any sort of other qualifications:

1. "...the purest silver you can get..." - Er, no.
2. "...the purest silver we can offer you..." - erm, Britannia & Argentium 960?

She just doesn't care does she? Turn up, no prep, no interest in the company she works for, no interest in jewellery at all. God help Elizabeth Hunt and Tara Coomber if they ever get to work with this level of ignorance. 😡View attachment 27847
I saw some of that. Isn’t it supposed to be 999 silver as opposed to 925.

Latest posts

Back