Simon Wilson...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
I adore simon and his jewellery range, but i cannot understand why he is so insistent that julia cannot tell everyone that he's 70 in august.
he certainly doesn't look or act 70, so whats the big deal… age is just a number these days…
the way i see it is the older you get, the bigger the cake you get to fit the candles lol…

although i do wish his shows weren't so entertaining as i always watch and end up buying… 2 more pieces for my collection tonight :mysmilie_13:

i ordered the large cross (Item 300699) in grey… i now have this in all 3 colours (its my favourite piece ever) and i also got the hair clip (Item 302652) in pink… can't wait to see the postman!

although this month i've spent way too much on Q, next month i'm hiding my phone and iPad lol

i ordered the large cross (Item 300699) in grey… i now have this in all 3 colours (its my favourite piece ever) and i also got the hair clip (Item 302652) in pink… can't wait to see the postman!

although this month i've spent way too much on Q, next month i'm hiding my phone and iPad lol

Lovely! I am tempted by the owl brooch in the grey colour - its been in and out of my basket.LOL

You are right about Simon worrying about his age - after all, everyone who watches Q this evening will know he will be 70! Why worry - whenever I catch myself saying, "oh no I cant believe I'm 50 etc", I remind myself of the alternative!!

I feel embarrassed for Simon and Julia when they are on together, Imo they spend the time polishing each others egos, they are cringe worthy to watch.:mysmilie_845:

I don't like his range of jewellery, and I'm not especially enamoured by him. He comes across as extremely diva-ish; you're wrong if you don't agree with him. A lady tweeted in for him to make something in the form of her dog, a pug? Don't hold your breath; pre - social networking, I emailed him to make a boxer dog brooch. That was about 17 years ago, and I never heard a thing!
When Julia asked him how he got into fashion jewellery he replied that, as an antique dealer, he couldn't find the jewellery out there, so he and Nicky - Simon must have won the right to use the name - decided to make it themselves. There is a difference between antique jewellery, fashion or fine, and fashion jewellery, albeit made using the finest Swarovski crystals.
I sensed a rather tense atmosphere in his hour with Jill. The matey-matey thing was certainly not evident. Like many of the other presenters, she doesn't put him on a pedestal. Somehow, I can't see Jill wearing his bling. Like me, if he did a brooch of her dogs, she would go for that.

I`ve never seen the attraction of anything he sells but each to their own ..dull world if we all walked around looking the same! At the end of the day they are just shop keepers selling their wares making a living so no need for the celeb status he seems to have with some presenters!! There are some `sellers` who the presenters suck up to, just makes you wonder if they are told to to keep them at the channel because sometimes its keep the sick bag close! jmo

I think he's fishing for compliments, I don't like him or his jewellery and I know men aged 80+ who don't look as old and emaciated as him. The way JR fawns over him is embarrassing to watch.

BW jewellery is as divisive as Lulu bags and Yong Kim clothes. You either love them or hate them. I dislike BW stuff and it seems overpriced for what it is but that`s just my opinion. As for Simon, well he looks no better or worse than many men his age but I`m sure he loves all the fawning, as do the 2 Lulus and other guests.

I have some pieces which I like but to be honest the prices have gone down (I paid far more for his stuff 10 years ago) together with the quality. There was a time when they sold out immediately, and this was pre web ordering, but they have upped the production to the detriment of any quality there was.

I feel embarrassed for Simon and Julia when they are on together, Imo they spend the time polishing each others egos, they are cringe worthy to watch.:mysmilie_845:
I haven't watched him for years, but I remember he used to be quite waspish at times, he made several withering comments to presenters if he didn't like what they said and didn't hold back from looking at them as though they were stupid. Bit of a Victor Meldrew!

Thought he was older than 70, I am nearly 7 years older! I have liked some pieces bought years ago & still wear very occasionally but I don’t like many,if any of his more recent stuff.Maybe just another QVC range that I have moved on from?

Latest posts

Back