Australian Bodycare TSV 16/4/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

None of my business at all but I will say that be wary of the variant od the percentage of tea tree in the ABC range.
It's not often I defend Q but they always sell the 2% range whereas a lot of other suppliers sell the cheaper 1% range.
I fell for it years ago and while the 1% is fine, it's nowhere near as good as the 2% range.

I tried ABC once and, to be honest, once was enough. I couldn’t get past the tea tree smell. I know it’s very popular but it reminded me of the waft you get when walking past a public convenience. 😳

I did use their wipes though during lockdown, when I was out shopping to wipe the trolley handles. That’s no doubt considered “sacrilege” by ABC devotees ….. so I apologise.

If you were to buy this Australian Bodycare original four-piece Skin Wash Favourites collection individually, directly from Australian Bodycare you’d pay £121.46

2 x Skin Wash - Choice of Ginger & Lemon , Eucalyptus & Peppermint , or Original 500ml - original is £24.99 each (scented ones are £26.99 each) direct - cost £9.65 each
1 x Original skin wash 500ml - £24.99 direct - cost £9.65
1 x Original skin wash 1 litre - £46.49 direct - cost £17.96

Total £121.46 for original, cost £46.91 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for prices
Those original prices are outrageous. ABC have a shop in Amazon and the prices are much lower….. having said that, this TSV is not a bad price at all if you know you want all that body wash.

Years ago they used to put 5% in the regular skin wash, but Annette said at the time they had to reformulate when EU regulations changed. And then for a while they sold the 1litre alongside a bottle of tea tree oil, presumably so you could mix it in yourself.

The fragranced options can be a bit hit and miss and don’t always smell like you’d think. I’ve grown to like the Eucalyptus Peppermint, even though there’s really only a whisper of both in the aroma. The rose version smelt like something you’d clean the bath with.

My favourite’s probably the lavender, even though I’m not really a lavender fan. But it blends well with the tea tree so it almost creates its own scent where neither component is that dominant.

Man, there are some weird people on here for the smells that please them!!

None of my business at all but I will say that be wary of the variant od the percentage of tea tree in the ABC range.
It's not often I defend Q but they always sell the 2% range whereas a lot of other suppliers sell the cheaper 1% range.
I fell for it years ago and while the 1% is fine, it's nowhere near as good as the 2% range.
Does the % of tea tree noticeably affect the anti-bacterial qualities or the smell, or both? I can imagine the smell being a bit more pungent but I’m not sure I’d notice any other effect. Mind you, both 1% and 2% sound negligible but I know with the little bottles of the oil, you have to use very little and dilute it a lot.

Great idea! Where do you get yours from?

I'm not sure tbh. I bought it when I was still going out before Covid.

I've used it in L'Occitane lavender hand wash, too. I get a bit annoyed when I try a scented product that's wishy-washy almost scentless.

It must have been Boots, H&B, Superdrug - one of the common High Street shops. It wasn't boxed but was in an amber bottle. Wherever it was there were testers available. I'm not a fan of the adulterated oils. This was a definite English lavender, not French so search English lavender oil rather than generic lavender oil. Assuming you prefer English!

I'm not sure tbh. I bought it when I was still going out before Covid.

I've used it in L'Occitane lavender hand wash, too. I get a bit annoyed when I try a scented product that's wishy-washy almost scentless.

It must have been Boots, H&B, Superdrug - one of the common High Street shops. It wasn't boxed but was in an amber bottle. Wherever it was there were testers available. I'm not a fan of the adulterated oils. This was a definite English lavender, not French so search English lavender oil rather than generic lavender oil. Assuming you prefer English!
I don’t know much about lavender oils so I wasn’t sure whether I’d like French or English better. I’ve just had a quick read and it sounds like English is the one I should go for. I’ll have a mooch in Boots, Superdrug and H&B tomorrow and see how I get on. Thank you for your advice and suggestion. This is all new to me.

Does the % of tea tree noticeably affect the anti-bacterial qualities or the smell, or both? I can imagine the smell being a bit more pungent but I’m not sure I’d notice any other effect. Mind you, both 1% and 2% sound negligible but I know with the little bottles of the oil, you have to use very little and dilute it a lot.

It's probably a totally psychological response once I realised that the tee tree was reduced but I really do think it was a slightly inferior product to be honest.
I've got no evidence to back my claims up though so I'm probably wrong. Ha ha

It's probably a totally psychological response once I realised that the tee tree was reduced but I really do think it was a slightly inferior product to be honest.
I've got no evidence to back my claims up though so I'm probably wrong. Ha ha
A bit like half the QVC presenters and brand ambassadors when they tell us their latest product is the key to eternal youth or will change our lives.

But, regarding the tea tree oil percentage, I do think we need to be aware of things like that. It’s a sneaky way for companies to save money on production while charging us the same or more. It’s good business practice to try to increase profits but of course they won’t say “We’ve held our prices but halved the amount of effective ingredients.”

I think I definitely qualify as ‘weird’ ! And proud of it ! 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back