Modest Dressing Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mam

Registered Shopper
It drives me mad when QVC use models who want to dress modestly to show off low neck, short sleeve summer dresses. They cover them up with ill fitting T shirts and black leggings and it looks ridiculous. As if anyone is actually going to wear a dress like that. I don’t know how they manage to sell the garments when they’re modelled in this way.

Can’t they find modest clothing to dress them in if they want to tick this box. And, for goodness sake, put something attractive on Ramla’s head. She always looks as if she’s just stepped out of the shower.

Rant over and hope I haven’t offended anyone.

I have no objection to them using models who are hijabis or will only dress modestly... but the opportunity is to  style the clothes in a way that makes them saleable, surely?
Frankly, Q could do better if they just ask the models to style themselves!
I see lots of modest dressers with a real sense of style, and a nod to fashion trends, so it can be done.

I have no objection to them using models who are hijabis or will only dress modestly... but the opportunity is to  style the clothes in a way that makes them saleable, surely?
Frankly, Q could do better if they just ask the models to style themselves!
I see lots of modest dressers with a real sense of style, and a nod to fashion trends, so it can be done.
Thank you. That was my point but you said it so much better🤗

Perhaps they should start selling a range of modest clothes. Not everyone wants all of their bits on show. They used to have show which I think was called fashion with sleeves, which was classic and smart styles.

I agree that the models could style themselves, at least then they should get a correct size and fit. And maybe jackets and coats that they can actually do up.

Perhaps they should start selling a range of modest clothes. Not everyone wants all of their bits on show. They used to have show which I think was called fashion with sleeves, which was classic and smart styles.

I agree that the models could style themselves, at least then they should get a correct size and fit. And maybe jackets and coats that they can actually do up.
They have a section on their website for “Modest Dressing”.
It’s a bit of a hotchpotch of brands.

I saw a show today with Ramla modelling, she's a beautiful girl and it's a shame when she's wearing sleeveless dresses with jumpers/t-shirts underneath. No one would wear them like that, including the model herself. She looked great in the cropped jeans and jacket though. They just need to put her out there in things that suit her. I've no problem with hair covering but maybe a more brightly coloured scarf to match outfits? The scarves are maybe dull colours though to be more modest.
CC

Latest posts

Back