Rob

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apologies but it looks very slouchy and unprofessional Rob! Tell me, how come Peter Simon not back with you ?

Good afternoon Rob, your continued unprofessionalism has raised it's head by calling me "stupid".
Peter Simon may be a bit odd but his style gets things sold and is very entertaining.So seeing yourself slouching in whatever chair is available night after night and laughing at your own "jokes" is tedious and not condusive to entertainment in the wee small hours.
Bring back Leeds Pete! He's been entertaining me since Junior Showtime!

You are wasting your time waiting for a reply because he only visits here on Saturdays. If you had just asked normally, without resorting to childish name calling. I am confident that he would have responded to your actual question. It seems that your feelings were hurt because he called you stupid. In his defense, I am sure he thought you already knew.

You think a 62 year old guy talking about smashing in his back door or back passage all the time, making crude, camp and smutty comments, all cira 1970s comedians and TV presenters, rolling his tongue around the inside of his cheek, and various other gurning facial expressions, mostly copied from Les Dawson is entertaining? Les Dawson doing it was funny, Pedro doing it is cringe worthy! He is nothing more than a sad old perv and has no chance of appearing on any of the 5 main TV broadcast channels, he can count himself very lucky to be working on a low budget cheap tat selling shopping channel.

You are wasting your time waiting for a reply because he only visits here on Saturdays. If you had just asked normally, without resorting to childish name calling. I am confident that he would have responded to your actual question. It seems that your feelings were hurt because he called you stupid. In his defense, I am sure he thought you already knew.

You think a 62 year old guy talking about smashing in his back door or back passage all the time, making crude, camp and smutty comments, all cira 1970s comedians and TV presenters, rolling his tongue around the inside of his cheek, and various other gurning facial expressions, mostly copied from Les Dawson is entertaining? Les Dawson doing it was funny, Pedro doing it is cringe worthy! He is nothing more than a sad old perv and has no chance of appearing on any of the 5 main TV broadcast channels, he can count himself very lucky to be working on a low budget cheap tat selling shopping channel.
I could see him on Coach Trip. His smutty innuendo with Brendan would be about the level you'd expect.

@Nigel Mate, you started the rude name calling, what did you expect? Take it like a man.

Ok let’s draw a line under this now. I find Peter very entertaining ok!
Regarding Shop on TV… the picture quality and production may be better but the presenters are terrible ! Who is the pensioner demonstrating vacs and steamers? Cybil Fawlty reincarnated ? I ask you ?? Get some professionals on please

1713305003685.png

You already know who that woman demonstrating irons, steam mops, and vacuum cleaners on Shop on TV is Peter, my apologies, I meant Nigel ;). It could simply be coincidence, Nigel, that your messages are always left on days when Peter Simon is working and within 30 minutes of Peter Simon's show ending.
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing!
Talk about trying to nobble your competition, talking them down.

And whilst you're at it, bring back that Grant Bradley fellow - he's insanely talented and deserves AT LEAST a six-figure salary.
What, take a pay cut, you mean?!

Would like to see @GrantB back on our screens demonstrating some decent tech products.

You could start with the decent 10000mAh+ better power banks.

Would be nice to see a decent Chromebook/laptop too. Or even a bargain OEM Roomba vacuum, I need one! 😆

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing!
Talk about trying to nobble your competition, talking them down.
I wouldnt know that as just got Sky glass and can't get our Pete on there.Clearly nobody on here has a first clue about Yorkshire humour!!

I wouldnt know that as just got Sky glass and can't get our Pete on there.Clearly nobody on here has a first clue about Yorkshire humour!!
Maybe next time you could let us know in advance that you're about to post something you think is funny.

Actually, Peter Simon could do with doing that when he's on air.

Rob is legend and, I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, he is somewhat wasted on shopping TV — not that he doesn't do it very well but when he goes 'off piste' you really get a sense of his talent.

He has a real warm charisma to him and the way he tells stories, and a disarming rapport with guests (well, those who aren't stiff automatons addled with nerves cos they're on telly — been a few of those on Shop on TV and I do feel for Rob when he jokes and they just …don't react/get it).

The early IW ITV shows were a great showcase for Rob. Sadly it felt like the IW production team weren't quite so keen with the anecdotes, viewer engagement, shout outs, Twitter plugs, and other non-product stuff as he toned it down (and would often stop himself/hear in his ear to go back to extolling the virtues of whatever he was being paid - handsomely I hope - to flog).

Still, whenever he got to do a memorabilia show we'd see more of (what felt like, he is an actor after all) the real Rob.

He'd be great as a presenter on something like The One Show where one minute he's introducing something deathly serious then 4 minutes later he's interviewing Cheryl Baker about guinea pigs or something random.

Or Channel 5 ought to give Susan Calman a few months off — dear god, please — and get Rob cavorting around Britain in a camper van/canoe/hotdog truck/whatever for one of those lighthearted travelogue series she's endlessly doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back