Bargain box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OrangeLady

Registered Shopper
Tune in now.

Box of 5 jade pieces.

Adina says she's going to have to get 3 or 4.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_195342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_195342_Chrome.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 10
Is this what happens to all those cancelled orders?

Mystery box of jade.
Heirloom pieces.
Created with Daves daughter in mind.

Cue those clocks!

Tune in now.

Box of 5 jade pieces.

Adina says she's going to have to get 3 or 4.
Change the word slightly, Bullocks. Anyhoo, that said. Gemporia do a mystery bag of jewellery, to get rid of old stock or whatever. Think this is the same thing? He's having difficulty selling from his jewelley house so is resorting to giving it away? :p

Are you watching live?

This is some of the biggest hype I've heard.

Referring to customers from 20 years ago who have had outstanding variations on paraiba tourmaline. Seeding the thought that this mystery box will somehow fetch a comparable return in future.

Showing the 4 independent certifications that the disgruntled jade collector sent in alongside her letter of apology doubting DT.

Are you watching live?

This is some of the biggest hype I've heard.

Referring to customers from 20 years ago who have had outstanding variations on paraiba tourmaline. Seeding the thought that this mystery box will somehow fetch a comparable return in future.

Showing the 4 independent certifications that the disgruntled jade collector sent in alongside her letter of apology doubting DT.
It's in the background. They do seem to be more 'argumentative' over its quality and value. As well as that woman.

Strikes me as this is a 'you lot have put our backs up and to prove you wrong, we will gloat over all the wonderful reviews we get'. It's a show very much on the defensive, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Strikes me as this is a 'you lot have put our backs up and to prove you wrong, we will gloat over all the wonderful reviews we get'. It's a show very much on the defensive, in my opinion.
It smacks of desperation to me.

And I don't watch much Gemporia these days. Certainly not if it's jade hours. But even I've heard all this spiel before more than once.

The only mystery is, when will they ever finally sell out of this shite?
Isn't that what they are trying to do? These mystery boxes probably contain the odds and sods, returns and last few of loads to 'limited editions', loaded into a minimal cost casket and fingers crossed that that will free up some space in the vault.
But you know that they won't shift them all. Even with a Friday night audience at 21:20 stock is still available - contact the call centre to guarantee success!

Yes, I heard them close the hour with "never seen anything sell out so quickly, only 1 box left".

Saw it was still available so popped that last remaining box in my basket, to see there was the option of buying 3. I appreciate there's a sales pitch to be said. But who do they think they are kidding by lying when everyone on the web and app can see there's much more stock available.

I've been a Gems TV customer for over a decade. Far enough back to have seen the paraiba tourmaline.
Thoroughly enjoyed watching, enjoyed the thrill of "winning" a piece in the reverse auctions (when they would keep lowering the price until it sold), and learning along the way. Bought into the romanticism of them visiting the mines, buying directly and supporting the local communities with charitable work.
These days I echo much of what is said on these threads. And I've pretty much lost faith in them. Still hoping they'll turn it around, but I honestly don't see how.

Yes, I heard them close the hour with "never seen anything sell out so quickly, only 1 box left".

Saw it was still available so popped that last remaining box in my basket, to see there was the option of buying 3. I appreciate there's a sales pitch to be said. But who do they think they are kidding by lying when everyone on the web and app can see there's much more stock available.

I've been a Gems TV customer for over a decade. Far enough back to have seen the paraiba tourmaline.
Thoroughly enjoyed watching, enjoyed the thrill of "winning" a piece in the reverse auctions (when they would keep lowering the price until it sold), and learning along the way. Bought into the romanticism of them visiting the mines, buying directly and supporting the local communities with charitable work.
These days I echo much of what is said on these threads. And I've pretty much lost faith in them. Still hoping they'll turn it around, but I honestly don't see how.

Saw it was still available so popped that last remaining box in my basket, to see there was the option of buying 3.

'3' in the maximum number it allows you to buy too - so chances are, there were more than 3 left.

To be fair though, at the end of Adina's show tonight, they re-capped on them stating that there was still some left.

It smacks of desperation to me.

And I don't watch much Gemporia these days. Certainly not if it's jade hours. But even I've heard all this spiel before more than once.
Bundling them up to get rid. £500 final cost and she 'bought' 4? Surely she's not got nigh on £2000 to give away?? And there were still some left at almost close of day yesterday too. And one person bought 5?? There shouldn't have been any left if there were only 50 and there were multiple multiples.

It's amazing how after all the hours and hours of droning lectures and all the Final Showcases, Final Pieces, Last Chances etc etc that we have endured and they are STILL trying to offload that incredibly rare and limited (skipload) of jade they've been trying to flog for 2 years!

On the plus side, Professor Troth will have a lot more time on his hands and hopefully spend it on his own business rather than by boring us all rigid.

On the plus side, Professor Troth will have a lot more time on his hands and hopefully spend it on his own business rather than by boring us all rigid.
I would guess, which I think I've said somewhere else here, that his business isn't doing as well as he'd hoped, for 'whatever' reasons, and he's offloading onto Gems, to tide himself over. I did hear him say that he can only now supply JM for their birthday, Type B red jade. So, he must be down on his luck. See previous sentence.

I wouldn't have paid £50 for it.

The necklace was gold tone and looked really cheap and tacky with that 'yellow' look that gold tone / thin gold plating gives jewellery.
The earrings also look naff.
The bracelet wasn't nice looking at all.
The bangles we've seen over and over again and they are way over-priced.

Crap set. The best thing about it was the presentation box it was in.

Latest posts

Back