Hotel Chocolat TSV 17/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was very sporty until I discovered boys (way too early, probably due to my stupid hormones!). I was 13 with a much older boyfriend (by 10 years) and suddenly pulled out of sports because I was much too embarrassed to change in front of my friends. I all of a sudden (thanks to the boyfriend who ended up being my ex-husband), I became very self-conscious of my body (ex was always happy to point out my 'faults'). Not to mention the 'love-bites' I was trying to hide!

The PE teacher was most annoyed with me as I was fast (as in speed ;)) and good at most sports. She was gutted I'd dropped out of teams and couldn't understand it. I can't now but I was young and very stupid.
You were young, however, you were NOT very stupid, you thought you were invincible which is part of process of going into adulthood. One day I'll share my story of the wonderful time I had that started just before my 17th birthday & lasted until the following summer when I woke up & realised that I was bored. The age difference was more than 10 years...

As a teenager I was tall, long legged and lanky and our PE teacher always put me forward for long jumps, hurdles and high jump and I was ****** useless. I couldn`t jump for toffee. Consequently I was rarely picked for any athletic teams or events but I found my forte on the hockey pitch (I was a demon who ploughed through anybody in my way) and I also joined a female football team outside school and in an era when ladies football was practically unheard of.
When I watched GB hockey team get gold in the olympics I was jumping up and down screaming at the telly and I do the same at important ladies football matches.

Just shared half a white chocolat made with full fat milk.
A lot hotter than I imagined don’t know how I would be hugging a full cup.
Sweet no sugar required just like drinking a warm white magnum.
Hubby seems impressed he’s the chocolate person if it keeps him happy-lot to put up with me. 😊

You were young, however, you were NOT very stupid, you thought you were invincible which is part of process of going into adulthood. One day I'll share my story of the wonderful time I had that started just before my 17th birthday & lasted until the following summer when I woke up & realised that I was bored. The age difference was more than 10 years...

Sooner rather than later, please. I'm intrigued now.

I had a board rubber bounced off the back of my head by a Geography teacher because I was chatting.
We had a maths teacher who was a bit over fond of lobbing board rubbers around.
We also had a geography teacher who used to have a big stick, which he used to smack down on the tables of those he thought weren’t paying sufficient attention.
He brought it down with a bit of extra venom on our table one day and it broke in half. I can still see his face staring sadly at the two halves of his precious stick. It was never replaced.

Question for Strato or anyone else who bought the velvetiser. Now we have a milk frother attached to our Nespresso machine, so I decided to give making some cocoa in it. It was successful as in I got a warm enough, smooth, well mixed drink. It was quick, and mess free, but frothy it was not. It was very smooth - not sure I'd describe it as velvety, and I'm not convinced that it was any better than it would've had been had I made it up in a saucepan the old fashioned way. Hard to tell as I've not had a proper milky hot chocolate drink for years as I usually just buy those instant ones that you add hot water to. My question is - how does the drink made in a velvetiser come out? Is it frothy? creamy on top? or just a nice smooth drink?

Question for Strato or anyone else who bought the velvetiser. Now we have a milk frother attached to our Nespresso machine, so I decided to give making some cocoa in it. It was successful as in I got a warm enough, smooth, well mixed drink. It was quick, and mess free, but frothy it was not. It was very smooth - not sure I'd describe it as velvety, and I'm not convinced that it was any better than it would've had been had I made it up in a saucepan the old fashioned way. Hard to tell as I've not had a proper milky hot chocolate drink for years as I usually just buy those instant ones that you add hot water to. My question is - how does the drink made in a velvetiser come out? Is it frothy? creamy on top? or just a nice smooth drink?

I think it depends what the drink is and what milk you use. I often use watered down skimmed milk to keep the calories down.

It mixes cocoa well, as I always found this to be difficult in a mug of hot milk, but it is not particularly creamy. But I just had a coffee sachet with included sugar and whitener I picked up from somewhere years ago (probably a hotel) and that had about 1/2 inch of creamy froth on top, even though I'd used diluted skimmed milk.

Out of interest, in the Bamix demos of whipping milk into a cream, they said it had to be skimmed milk! I would have thought the creamier the milk, the more it would thicken, but it doesn't. So perhaps you get more froth with skimmed milk? I tried semi-skimmed at OH and didn't notice any different, and she uses full-cream milk, but I didn't taste hers.

Both cocoa and Cadburys drinking chocolate were much cheaper than I expected, only £2 each for quite a large container. And you only need 1/2 the amount (by weight) of the HC sachets, so that will be a very economic drink compared with HC. Both are delicious, but most people would probably need sugar in cocoa as it is quite bitter, but I like it.

Have you got yours yet?

If not, probably lost in transit, or Q not told HC yet, why not give them a ring?
Just shared half a white chocolat made with full fat milk.
A lot hotter than I imagined don’t know how I would be hugging a full cup.
Sweet no sugar required just like drinking a warm white magnum.
Hubby seems impressed he’s the chocolate person if it keeps him happy-lot to put up with me. 😊
Instead of buying chocolate flakes
Should’ve gone to Specsavers 😂

I have a milk frother on my Nespresso but never bother with it, I use full fat milk and 85% dark chocolate in the Velvetiser and it’s honestly the smoothest creamiest drink I’ve ever tasted,😋

I cannot do mental mathematics my brain just freezes. This is due to a teacher in primary school who made the whole class stand around the walls of the classroom and fire maths questions at random people. So if you were not quick enough or got it wrong he pulled you out and cane you. I used to panic and end up getting canned.

I buy my Son Whittards often, had some sent direct when he left to be nearer his Uni.
They do some unusual flavours but I`m a stick in the mud and only ever had their regular hot choc and their white hot choc.

I cannot do mental mathematics my brain just freezes. This is due to a teacher in primary school who made the whole class stand around the walls of the classroom and fire maths questions at random people. So if you were not quick enough or got it wrong he pulled you out and cane you. I used to panic and end up getting canned.
I’m not flipping surprised you freeze after that experience.

That's just wrong !!

There's a big pit in Hell for those who terrorise animals & children, that bar steward's in its cavernous depths as I write.

Latest posts

Back