Fail to prepare; prepare to fail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Got the Kipling hour on in the background and, when the bag with the monkey named Marie Francoise was shown, Marverine said "they even named a monkey after you". MF giggled and commented, incredulously, "I designed it!" Doh!

I really love that bag.I'm waiting for it to come on esypay but it never does.I'm hoping it may come on easy pay on the TSV day....

I saw that - cringeworthy. Next thing, of course, she's introducing the bag as designed by MF as if nothing had happened. That's what passes for professional now, I suppose.

I am sure I've seen Marie-Francoise in adverts on terrestrial and in programmes on the Travel Channel.

I find everything about Marverine Cole cringeworthy, her voice her presenting style and her general untidy appearance.

I haven't seen Marverine for a while so I'm not sure whether her presenting has improved or not. When I first saw her she was a bit over the top with her facial expressions and her "oohs and aahs" but I thought maybe she just needed a bit longer to adapt to the style of presenting on QVC.

Really? Can you tell me more please? I didn't see that.

Basically Jill Franks is too stupid to realise that when you are praising someone, you SHOULD say 'We are not worthy'.
She doesn't say that, she says 'You're not Worthy'.
So when she was talking about Lulu getting an MBE/OBE she was telling Lulu that she didn't deserve it.
I've seen her say it twice to Lulu and once to someone else, but I can't remember who it was.
Worryingly, no-one corrected her either.

Anyway, she's a stupid woman. She always refers to products as 'Infamous' rather than 'Famous' and don't get me started on her lack of understanding with the word 'Kitsch'.

Thanks for the explanation. How can anyone be that thick? It's also very difficult to understand why no-one corrected her, unless they're all equally thick. I can't understand why Lulu Guinness didn't respond to Jill's "You're not worthy" in such a way as to point out to her what she had said e.g. "Aren't I?" or "Well someone must think I am". She could do it in a light joky way, but she should have picked her up on it because it's such a ridiculous thing to say.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. How can anyone be that thick? It's also very difficult to understand why no-one corrected her, unless they're all equally thick. I can't understand why Lulu Guinness didn't respond to Jill's "You're not worthy" in such a way as to point out to her what she had said e.g. "Aren't I?" or "Well someone must think I am". She could do it in a light joky way, but she should have picked her up on it because it's such a ridiculous thing to say.

Lulu is as bad though to be honest.

She was selling a make-up/stationary bag a few weeks ago.
Stitched onto it was the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover.
Every time it was on air, I was screaming at the telly. It should be 'its', not 'it's'. The comma is not needed, unless you're actually saying 'Don't judge a book by it is cover'.
Basic grammar mistakes really annoy me to be honest. No wonder we have one of the worst literacy rates in the western world if large companies like LG & QVC can't even get it right.

Found the item, it's still available. Someone else has mentioned the grammar issue as well.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=104003&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Last edited:
Oh dear, Mr Marple, it's almost inevitable that whenever someone posts about another person's grammatical and/or spelling mistakes, they will make a mistake of their own. Have you spotted yours yet? :tongue:

Oh dear, Mr Marple, it's almost inevitable that whenever someone posts about another person's grammatical and/or spelling mistakes, they will make a mistake of their own. Have you spotted yours yet? :tongue:

Apostrophe not comma? Maybe?

Sorry ladies, I feel like a fool.
In my defence, I was typing while I was in a meeting, so I probably should have been paying attention to that instead.

p.s. - I'm still in the meeting, it's not very interesting TBH!

I think the guests are told not to correct the presenter, unless it is essential product information. Franksy referred to Caroline Archer (Liz Earle guest) as Caroline Sandry (fitness). CA said nothing. JF must have got in through her earpiece, and remarked "you didn't even notice." No, she was being polite.

I don't think the GP can get a word in to be honest! And I agree, Lulu is hardly Miss Intellectual herself! We all have our strengths, and you don't have to be a mathematical or literary genius to get on in life. As a teacher of adults it is easy to spot those who couldn't write a grammatically correct sentence or do basic sums....and sometimes this is not important for what they do. However, I do admit I hate it when people come across as trying to portray intelligence and fail miserably! Myself included sometimes, especially when writing on a stupid touchscreen device. All rules go out of the window as I just need to get my point across asap so I can stop tapping the bl××dy infuriating screen!

Latest posts

Back