BID TV Can't pay creditors/staff/freelancers and suppliers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It sounds like mischief making to me but that's just my opinion.

I don't know, it's difficult to assess but the way things are going on the channel with the lousy stock and departure of staff it would appear that something is not right. If the channel does close what are we all going to watch for entertainment?

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true - the channels have been in a complete state for the past few months now - and the last few weeks have seen the products/sales just get worse and worse.

It's exactly like the last days of Auction-World.

Very sad for any staff who may not be being paid/losing their jobs.

I don't know, it's difficult to assess but the way things are going on the channel with the lousy stock and departure of staff it would appear that something is not right. If the channel does close what are we all going to watch for entertainment?

Oh Muttley! You've read my mind! What'll I laugh at now??

I find this hard to believe - why would any of the current presenters or staff still be working if they knew full well they wouldn't get paid?

Surely, if Sit-up are in such a state they'd declare bankruptcy?

I find this hard to believe - why would any of the current presenters or staff still be working if they knew full well they wouldn't get paid?

Surely, if Sit-up are in such a state they'd declare bankruptcy?

I must admit I did wonder about bankruptcy and I might sound stupid here but don't they have to pay the suppliers upfront for the stock or would that just apply to the "in house" brands?

Docswife, we could try some comedies, but none are as funny as Mike Mason trying to be sincere and Peter Simon selling guardian/worry angels! Or, of course, any sales of "art"...

Nothing, but nothing is quite as funny as BID! I find myself watching it wide-eyed and open-mouthed a lot of the time! But you're right, Mikes sincerity is toe curling, Peter Simon is plain weird, Salleh dishing out fashion advice.....??!! The terrible tat that just got tattier.........!!! Yes, it's definitely the best thing on TV!

I must admit I did wonder about bankruptcy and I might sound stupid here but don't they have to pay the suppliers upfront for the stock or would that just apply to the "in house" brands?

Something just doesn't add up (by all means if Bidmole can produce the document then fair enough).

I mean their finances haven't been filed for a few years now, but even in 2011 things weren't too bad...

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03877786/SIT-UP-LIMITED/financial-accounts

Perhaps Bidmole is a disgruntled Guy Kean fan or something? :mysmilie_47:

Sorry but I don't fully believe this... Am not saying they don't have problems but those figures are totally off the scale at this early stage. No admistrator or receiver has been appointed I bet there will be changes and a channel will be "dropped" ......

Sorry but I don't fully believe this... Am not saying they don't have problems but those figures are totally off the scale at this early stage. No admistrator or receiver has been appointed I bet there will be changes and a channel will be "dropped" ......

hmmm, interesting point stunning
I'm a freelancer and have been in a similar situation where I was a creditor and the company had no money to pay me but it was all done via the administrators
They sent a pack explaining the circumstances and a claim form - by this point there was no further contact with or from the company themselves

I have emailed BIDMOLE to ask that he sends me a copy of the pack with his/her name removed and then will publish the full story.

So Graham (admin) I assume the fact that you have reinstated this thread this morning means that the OP has provided some proof of this document about Bid's troubles?

Regardless of evidence which now exists, what gave this particular rumour extra credibility was:

(a) Key presenters and assistants leaving within a short space of time;

(b) The news leaked on a Sunday when most suppliers were closed for the weekend (best way to break bad news);

(c) The recent drop in product quality even by their standards;

(d) Very recent technical glitches.

A "fire sale" of the Price-drop Freeview channel slot might raise a few million but would result in the loss of one of two valuable outlets that's a key for their current business model, plus it wouldn't recoup all of the losses and isn't a long term business plan.

Just to reassure anyone who does buy but doesn't receive their item or wants to return it but thinks they'll lose their money, the best route is to contact your credit card company. I was in this position years ago when HSE sadly folded in the UK and was contacted by their administrators with an offer of a very small percentage as an unsecured creditor but my credit card refunded the full amount as soon as I sent then copies of the administration letter.

For all the channel's faults I feel for the backstage staff who'll lose their jobs and may not get the salary their owed.

Latest posts

Back