A Reminder Why I Like QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
I moan about QVC but I was reminded today of what drew me to it in the first place. I usually buy all my beauty products from Le Q, partly because I hate beauty counters. Popped into town today for the new Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined mascara only to be met with a snooty assistant who ignored me! The shop was empty, I was standing opposite her at the counter and she still ignored me! A nice lady from the Dior counter saw what happened and offered to serve me while the BB girl continued 'tidying' up some bits and pieces. Grrrr - wish I had given my money to QVC instead. I only went in to town because I didn't want to wait days for it to arrive. Say what you like about QVC but you don't have to put up with that sort of bad manners. At least I can tell AY what I think about her to her face (albeit on the TV screen)!

You are so right. I get really annoyed when that happens, and can be down right rude back to the sales person although I hate rudeness per se.

The problem with QVC is the cost - they have the new Bobbi Brown pallettes on for £43 +£3.95 p&p they are only £42 to buy instore or on BB own website have £2.95 postage PER ORDER - and free if the order is over £60!

And things taking ages to come...or not turning up at all.:devil:

But at least, as you say, you avoid snooty shop assistants & you can try things out properly.

One of the reasons I bought from QVC in the very early days was because it was an alternative to the pushy sales assistants from beauty counters to electricals in stores.

To have an electric/electronic gadget explained by an expert to me on QVC was in my mind fantastic, no pressure to buy after they had done their sales pitch. Often in some stores they don't have the time to explain every little thing that it does and then the pressure starts to purchase because they are on commission, same applies to the beauty products. Some sales assistants are just not interested or they are the other extreme where they try and sell you everything!

A Reminder Why I Like QVC

Lets face it what would we talk/argue about if we hadn't got QVC and its presenters... long live both.:up:

I ordered 4 items on Saturday which all arrived today and are great. I went out shopping last Thursday and came home exhausted after 5 hours not having found a single thing I was looking for, but having wasted petrol and parking charges. QED!

I like QVC I just wish they would sort out their p&p charges.

I can't get out on my own as I have mild agoraphobia and have to have someone with me so QVC is a good way for me to shop.

I shop from QVC as my nearest shopping center is over 40 miles away, so not convenient for just looking.To say nothing of the petrol and parking charges, and returning any thing involves another 80 mile round trip. So all in all shopping from QVC is an easy way to buy and be able to return things with out all the hassle.
I am also disabled so walking round the shops is very hard work and carrying shopping when using sticks/crutches is almost impossible.

It's good to try make-up and beauty products and have the availability of returning them although I've only done it once and it wasn't to QVC. Jerome Alexanders offerings left much to be desired!!! Also, trying to get those tiny trialsize items, so perfect for holidays,from the staff on beauty counters is like getting blood out of a stone!!! What do they do with them fgs, sell them at carboot sales or give them to family and friends
Best wishes from Springflower.

I shop with QVC because I look after my mum (plus have a family to look after) and I can't afford the time traipsing around shops only to end up frazzled, more tired/cross than usual and minus what I went in for because they don't have it.
I do a lot of internet shopping but I do like the QVC demos and explanations of the products. Like everyone else I just wish they would sort out the extortionate p&p. I know it's so costly because of the 30 day MBG but it's really beyond the pale.
I was listening to a radio programme last night and one of the topics was buying from QVC. Apparently 1 in 4 households (or people ~ I was tired and not paying proper attention!) buy from them. I'm sure they could afford to lower the charge and still make a very healthy profit. I know it's put me off purchasing from them a few times.

Latest posts

Back