She's getting worse

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
a t h e r p r o n u n c i a t i o n.

I know we (I) moan about the way that a lot of presenters speak, or deliver their 'script'. But Ruthless is in a category of her own. Yes she enunciates very well, but omg, equally it drives me nuts with the p r e c i s e way she describes anything. And is it me, but when Jackie reads out a complimentary message about the clothes, Ruthless stands there, hands clasped and shakes her head with some "oh thank you Jenny", in what I feel is a condescending manner. It might just be me.

Amazing how all her 'new' items "fly" out the door. A leather backpack £120 sold out - who buys this stuff ? New loafers at almost 100 quid - 400 pairs sold (wait til they get them home. I've bought this style in the past, but they are too flat for comfort, and because there is no structure the foot splays to the side in them).

Don't mind the shows and watch if I'm around. I never buy though, far too much money for market stall clothes. I don't believe all the celebs design clothes, they just put their name to what's on offer from China/Bangladesh (Julien McDonald probably the exception). Probably why they don't know when their own items will be back in stock.

CC

I know we (I) moan about the way that a lot of presenters speak, or deliver their 'script'. But Ruthless is in a category of her own. Yes she enunciates very well, but omg, equally it drives me nuts with the p r e c i s e way she describes anything. And is it me, but when Jackie reads out a complimentary message about the clothes, Ruthless stands there, hands clasped and shakes her head with some "oh thank you Jenny", in what I feel is a condescending manner. It might just be me.

Amazing how all her 'new' items "fly" out the door. A leather backpack £120 sold out - who buys this stuff ? New loafers at almost 100 quid - 400 pairs sold (wait til they get them home. I've bought this style in the past, but they are too flat for comfort, and because there is no structure the foot splays to the side in them).
The QVC customer of course! Hear me out here, for a leather handbag £120 is a pretty average price if you look in places like M&S, or look at John Lewis's basic range. If you're looking for a famous brand, let's say Radley, you'll expect to pay double that price, if you go down the designer route then double that again and keep going 'cause the sky's the limit, and some of them aren't even leather. Here's the thing, within the QVC bubble, Ruth Langsford is a designer, therefore the customer thinks they're getting a designer bag for practically pennies. The QVC customer doesn't look further than the end of her nose and is also susceptible to the "hurry up, secure your item now, we don't know when we'll be able to get these back in stock, they're flying out, the black's already limited stock etc". Let's not forget the QVC customer's habit of impulse buying - I wonder how many tuned in/logged on with the specific purpose of buying themselves a handbag? Someone who knows they want to buy a new handbag will more than likely shop around for the best deal and the chances are they'll get themselves a famous brand for a similar price, or a decent leather bag for a fraction of the price of this one.
Ruth if you're reading this lol, it's bad enough insisting customers display your initials across their bags/accessories etc, but at least you could use a slightly more classy font than that hideous childish scrawl that looks like a 12 year old's homework. Sorry babe, it screams market stall!

Last edited:
I know from a reliable source ..( used to be a runner on this morning ) that Ruth is lovely and Eamon also… They even did a video for this person wishing them a happy birthday.. my daughter in-laws friend 👍 but I don’t like the sales stuff at all … They are certainly lovelier than another couple that I won’t mention on This morning lol

I know from a reliable source ..( used to be a runner on this morning ) that Ruth is lovely and Eamon also… They even did a video for this person wishing them a happy birthday.. my daughter in-laws friend 👍 but I don’t like the sales stuff at all … They are certainly lovelier than another couple that I won’t mention on This morning lol
We're the other presenters who you won't mention embroiled in a queue jumping scandal last year?🫣🤣

I had brief dealings with Eamon in a previous job very very nice man with no ego at all. Ruth I will say not so much but I only talked with her once and we all have bad days

I was really browned off with her when she said, 'I've always liked a loafer'. Since when I wonder. She'd say that she’s always liked black knee high socks if she was told they would sell. As for Ruth and her husband being 'lovely' people, maybe it's true, but quoting second hand perceptions of celebs is meaningless. You have to know someone really well (live with them) before you can judge what they are like.

QVC are using Ruthless to sell everything now. Fashion, shoes, bags, jewellery. Give it time and it will soon be candles, homewares, plant pots and birdfeeders - anything that will sell as long as Ruthless has her name attached to it. I'm surprised Eamonn hasn't been drafted in to recommend his wife's new designer walking aids or massagers (shoulder) !!!!! (I bet its been thought about)

I was really browned off with her when she said, 'I've always liked a loafer'. Since when I wonder. She'd say that she’s always liked black knee high socks if she was told they would sell. As for Ruth and her husband being 'lovely' people, maybe it's true, but quoting second hand perceptions of celebs is meaningless. You have to know someone really well (live with them) before you can judge what they are like.
If they are rude when you meet them in real life for no apparent reason other they "can"then thats a big blot against the said celebrity.

You can't judge someone unless you live with them??? You can certainly have an opinion on them and I'd say witnessing how someone treats a runner (aka general dogsbody) gives a good insight into a person.

Latest posts

Back