Aeropilates presenter Marjolein Brugman has had aa face 'workout'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like I've said on another 'thread', always be prepared for the aftermath of any 'procedures' i.e when discharged to your own care at home, and dealing with a daily round of changing dressings because of weeping wounds (yes, the reality of it all !), watching for infection and inflammation, dosing up with painkillers, and finally wondering how long its going to take before you're back to 'normal' and everything has healed ! Of course, some may sail through everything, but there are many who don't.

Mr L is thinking about a 3D printer so I think I'll get him to just manufacture a whole new me without any of the crap bits.

All nice and new (and plasticity):mysmilie_488:

That's the thing about cosmetic procedures Julius once you start it can be difficult knowing where to stop!

Before you know it you can be unrecognisable as your former self: a perfected plastic creation.

Imagine if you had a child, they would likely inherite your old nose, old teeth etc and would not recognise themselves in comparison to you at all. It's all very worrying this modern fascination.

My nose was damaged in a car crash I was in when I was 7. I went through my adolescence hating it, but most particularly my skin, which I had lasered and took Roaccutane. I always strove for the most natural (but better) looking version of me. I don't regret any one of my procedures. I always find it strange how people are expected to let their face and body fall to bits. They would never do that to their house! A lick of paint here, a new conservatory there, some landscaping in the garden....Brits can't get enough of it, and yet are quite squeamish when it comes to cosmetic procedures! It's funny because when I rang a surgery centre in LA years ago, the woman who answered the phone said: "Oh and we're doing special deals on buttocks if you need that done." I thought she meant "Botox," (with the way she pronounced it) so I fell about laughing when I realised what she said. If there's one thing that doesn't need doing, it's my buttocks - I'm fine there! Her comments were so throwaway it made me realise not to choose that place. I can't wait to get my teeth done! I will only go to a place where I speak the language, which means England, France, Lithuania, America and Russia. Russia is out, because it's just dodgy. America is out because I'd come back with Dennis Basso style beaming gnashers, and that's not what I want. France is a contender. But it's expensive. But for my teeth I think Lithuania wins. There is an excellent clinic in Vilnius. It's round the corner from my flat so there will be no expensive hotel bills. They can do the whole thing for €8000. I just want to decide what comes first, teeth or holiday in Australia. I was planning to go to Melbourne but I can't afford that and the dental work. I might do the trip first just because I love travelling so much. I don't know yet, though.

I noticed them too - having bunions myself, I tend to spot them on others. Mind you, hers are not actually severe, as they don't impede her movement, or seem to be forcing her toes sideways. I asked about surgery for mine and was advised against - it's not always successful and doesn't guarantee there won't be a recurrence. If it was painful or difficult to walk, I'd go for it, though.

A friend of mine had bunion surgery sometime ago and it was painful and not as successful as she had hoped. Once l'd spotted Marg's it what l notice all the time now when she's on Q.

So now that she's "all new" are those who aren't canny enough to know what she's had done expected to believe it was the Pilates machine that has made her look so good? Is this a new sales technique?

I have seen some very bad face lifts, once it is done there is no going back. Look at Kim K she looks so different from a few years ago and can hardly smile.

That's the thing about cosmetic procedures Julius once you start it can be difficult knowing where to stop!

Before you know it you can be unrecognisable as your former self: a perfected plastic creation.

Imagine if you had a child, they would likely inherite your old nose, old teeth etc and would not recognise themselves in comparison to you at all. It's all very worrying this modern fascination.

I had my teeth straightened in my early 20s. It was a side effect of needing orthodontic treatment but the upshot is that my teeth are very straight but still natural if you know what I mean. My son has beautiful straight white teeth and it makes me chuckle when people say he's inherited my smile. He flipping hasn't. He's upgraded lol.

Latest posts

Back