Alison O’Reilly back with Diamonique

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I watch Q very little these days but just happened to see Alison presenting on 7pm Diamonique hour.Great to see her back and looking good wearing a glamorous sequinned turban, perhaps she has lost her hair with treatment?Anyway all the very best to Alison, she will have had a very tough time but moving forward.

Last edited:
I watch Q very little these days but just happened to see Alison presenting on 7pm Diamonique hour.Great to see her back and looking good wearing a glamorous sequinned turban, perhaps she has lost her hair with treatment?Anyway all the very best to Alison, she will have had a very tough time but moving forward.
Alison did lose her hair after her stem cell transplant & posted a video on Instagram of her husband shaving her head. This one is daft but shows how nice her curls look.

Her treatment was brutal, her word, however, her symptoms before diagnosis were awful & she obviously felt really ill for some time. This little Insta film made me feel very humble when I saw it last summer after weeks of moaning about not having my hair done.

Her treatment was brutal, her word, however, her symptoms before diagnosis were awful & she obviously felt really ill for some time. This little Insta film made me feel very humble when I saw it last summer after weeks of moaning about not having my hair done.

I finally got around to booking a long-overdue phone call with my GP and spoke to one of the few lovely receptionists there. She told me her mum has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is about to start her cancer treatment journey. I felt so bad for her as she was obviously very upset. The knowledge and experience she has, I suppose, is the price you pay when you see others go through it.

The only people I've personally known that have had chemo/stem cell treatment have always been so upbeat about it. I honestly don't know how they do it - especially those who are having or had treatment during Covid.

Brutal. Brave. The two words I associate with cancer of any form.

I used to accompany my friend when he had his Chemo. and the staff on the ward were brilliant the whole place was so upbeat.We had some great chats with the people we used to meet there.I often wonder how they are and how they have coped.

I used to accompany my friend when he had his Chemo. and the staff on the ward were brilliant the whole place was so upbeat.We had some great chats with the people we used to meet there.I often wonder how they are and how they have coped.

Your friend was very lucky to have had your support. I hope he's still well.

I finally got around to booking a long-overdue phone call with my GP and spoke to one of the few lovely receptionists there. She told me her mum has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is about to start her cancer treatment journey. I felt so bad for her as she was obviously very upset. The knowledge and experience she has, I suppose, is the price you pay when you see others go through it.

The only people I've personally known that have had chemo/stem cell treatment have always been so upbeat about it. I honestly don't know how they do it - especially those who are having or had treatment during Covid.

Brutal. Brave. The two words I associate with cancer of any form.
Obviously every cancer diagnosis is awful, however, pancreatic cancer is often described as being one of the worst.

Your friend was very lucky to have had your support. I hope he's still well.
Unfortunately he passed away just before the first lockdown last year.His Cancer was terminal from diagnosis but they concentrated on quality of life and he was reasonably good until the last two months.It made me realise how much people go through with this disease.He left everything to Cancer Research and there are developments and treatments taking steps forward all the time.Thanks for asking.xxl

I'm so sorry, Silver. I've relatively little experience with cancer (hoping my appointment will leave it at that but...), but have seen and heard enough to know that it's a terrible disease in itself without how badly it affects the friends and families of patients.

Unfortunately, two of the women I've known quite well who have had breast cancer have lost their husbands, too. They stayed long enough for them to get the all-clear then left. They were fortunate to have really good friends for support but the trauma of diagnosis, treatment and then divorce? Awful.

I'm so sorry, Silver. I've relatively little experience with cancer (hoping my appointment will leave it at that but...), but have seen and heard enough to know that it's a terrible disease in itself without how badly it affects the friends and families of patients.

Unfortunately, two of the women I've known quite well who have had breast cancer have lost their husbands, too. They stayed long enough for them to get the all-clear then left. They were fortunate to have really good friends for support but the trauma of diagnosis, treatment and then divorce? Awful.

My company, The Works, has just passed the milestone of raising £1,000,000 for Cancer Research UK.

Alter, sending positive thoughts to you x

My company, The Works, has just passed the milestone of raising £1,000,000 for Cancer Research UK.

Alter, sending positive thoughts to you x

Thank you, SusieSue.

I had no idea The Works was doing so much for charity. Well done to the company and your colleagues. I used to love a wander around The Works in the nearest town. I'll see it with new eyes next time I get there.

Thank you, SusieSue.

I had no idea The Works was doing so much for charity. Well done to the company and your colleagues. I used to love a wander around The Works in the nearest town. I'll see it with new eyes next time I get there.

We are about the partner with MIND and the Scottish Welsh and Irish equivalent, to run alongside CRUK because the tragedy that is Covid has damaged so many people's mental health.

All the staff will complete 6 E-learning modules specifically designed to understand well being and mental health issues.

The company plans to raise at least £200,000 over the next two years.

Latest posts

Back