Am ready to be shot down on this...but I like Claire Sutton!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i like her too, i find her refreshing, bubbly and fun! i think if more of us had her out look on life, we'd find ourselves much happier. no matter what is going on in the world, she carries on like a real trooper - go for it girl, you only have one life so live it!!!

I've been on this site a little while, read tons but but not posted too much. However what I'm about to say may lead to my untimely electronic demise - the end of my ST career before it even got going - as I'm going out on a limb to say (deep breath) I really like watching Claire Sutton (ducks behind sofa in anticipation of fellow forumites wrath...)

I appreciate she wouldn't be out of place entertaining my two and half year old in the CBeebies bedtime hour. But she serves a purpose for me when QVC isn't a shop but a form of escapism from the real world. As someone who's naturally depressive and sometimes finds life a little overwhleming (she says, hoping this evokes sympathy in those already yelling "nooooo" at the PC) there are times when her soporific voice is just what I need. Also, without wishing to garner too much sympathy for her - as I suspect she doesn't have too hard a life and plenty have far worse - I do remind myself that she's had a few things happen to her in the last few years that might have challenged even her cheery refrain. I know she's clearly worked at ridding herself of an accent not dissimilar to mine in order to 'make it', something which generally annoys the hell out of me, but I still don't see her as someone who 'has a little place in Spain/Portugal/Italy' and likes to make sure we all know about it and quietly hopes we are envious.

I've had a look back at earlier posts and can't find anything positive about her. I can't be the only person to like her...can I?!!

She has good hair

Another Claire fan! I like her, she is stunning and has beyyyyyoooootiful hair. I started to grow mine into a similar style but gave up after a few months as it just doesn't have the same bounce as hers :wink:

I'd much rather listen to Claire than be given the hard sell of some of the other presenters.

My only gripe is - where is her northern accent?, a good Rochdale lass shouldn't cover up her vocal roots. Gracie Fields would be spinning in her headscarf... :wink: (I do know losing your accent can't always be helped tho)

clare and claudia are lovely. lovely to watch also very inspiring with their dress sense.:cheeky:

I also really like Claire, in fact I'd go so far as to say she's my favourite presenter. I think she'd be fab on a girly night out!

Artdeco, we all have different opinions of people, things, life in general but it doesn't mean we can't express them and just because we don't all agree doesn't mean you'll get "shot down". It's nice to see someone on here posting something positive! Have fun.

xx

I to think Claire is lovely. She is always the same - very up beat. She appears to be a very kind and thoughtful person. She has had some hard knocks since having her family but she copes brilliantly. She appears to be a perfect daughter and a brilliant best friend......................and her hair is gorgeous.

Just peeked out from behind the sofa to find all these responses! Glad to see I'm not the only Claire fan. Totally agree with you Suey that she is perfect for the Morning Show - I'm a morning person but still couldn't be that enthused at 9am having been up since 5am dealing with one child let alone three. I too like the way she knows what suits her, I have very similar colouring but have always prefered harsh blacks, greys, reds etc and everytime I see her I think what a difference complimentary colouring makes and that I really need to embrace brown. That said I also like the way she chooses what she likes and not necessarily what's in fashion or what other think she should have - I remember her saying once how when she got engaged her friends all told her she *must* get platinum wedding jewellery, and she said in a quiet, almost embarassed voice (unusual for her I know) that she got what she wanted i.e. yellow gold with the emphasis on design rather than a big flashy rock, even if it wasn't traditional or what everyone else was into or expected of her. Finally I must say she has exquisite taste when it comes to naming children (speaking as a Madeleine, mother to a Thomas!)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement on posting, I promise my next thread will emphatically not be 'I love Jill Franks' - as I don't

I like Claire too. Met her at the Ideal Home Show not long after she was married and she was really chatty and nice. I know she can be a bit jolly hockey sticks at times but she is a really nice person.

Artdeco you have similar colouring to Claire, lucky you, she is such an attractive woman. She does cheer me up when she is not too OTT, and girly, and as others have said we all like different presenters as we are all different. Nice positive thread.

I like Claire too. If she was putting on an act it would have slipped by now. She seems a genuinely nice person, unlike JR, who may be a lovely person in real life but comes across as self obsessed and plain nasty at times.

Plus Claire has a disabled child and believe me that can knock you for six and give you so much heart ache. Good luck to her, can't see why people dislike her so much.

Latest posts

Back