And you thought Dyson was expensive …….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Most of the toothbrushes now are that sort of price and it’s quite difficult to get the plain old switch it on switch it off type.

Notice they are normally black in colour connected to apps (wtf) to appeal to males who want to drive black pimped up cars.

I see Mo Farah is the latest celeb advertising one .

My sonic rechargeable toothbrush cost less than £40. The charge lasts more than 6 weeks and I use it twice or more a day. I’ve just been to the dentist and she asked me what type of brush I used. When I told her, she said it was clearly doing a very good job. She also said that the make of toothpaste one uses makes a difference.

I personally don’t think you need to spend a fortune on a “flash” toothbrush when it probably does no better a job than the kind that I’ve got.

I had a so-called ultrasonic brush from QVC. When I told my dentist, she said that was impossible.

Eventually the top of the shaft broke off so it could no longer be used as a toothbrush, so I modified it into an ultrasonic sex toy ;)
Reduce, re use, recycle!

My friend uses here as a sex toy - no modifucations required - apparently.

At that price, I’d expect a dentist to be installed in the bathroom with it for regular check ups.
Me too.

Reduce, re use, recycle!

🤭

I had a so-called ultrasonic brush from QVC. When I told my dentist, she said that was impossible.

Eventually the top of the shaft broke off so it could no longer be used as a toothbrush, so I modified it into an ultrasonic sex toy ;)
🤭🤭

Reduce, re use, recycle!

That cracked me up and reminds me of a work colleague who was full of mischief on her last week at work..she was leaving to have twins. A woman brought a security case to her till for an electric toothbrush, and I had to go into the locked cupboard and get the contents. She said to the customer "It's amazing what these things can do isn't it?, if you know what I mean", and she winked! The customer just stood there with a po faced expression on her face, I had to turn round quick before I literally wet myself laughing!

At that price, I’d expect a dentist to be installed in the bathroom with it for regular check ups.
Just think about that for one 'nano-second', would you honestly really like a Dentist installed in your house, I mean surely that is akin to a Taxman, or Car/House salesperson (apologies if you are are your partner is any of these 'fine and upstanding' professions!

Just think about that for one 'nano-second', would you honestly really like a Dentist installed in your house, I mean surely that is akin to a Taxman, or Car/House salesperson (apologies if you are are your partner is any of these 'fine and upstanding' professions!
No, I most certainly wouldn’t want a dentist, taxman or car/house salesman installed in my bathroom. 🤣

Nor would I be daft enough to spend well over £200 on a toothbrush but, at that ridiculous price, you would hope that QVC would offer an extra initiative. Maybe a £200 discount? 😉

I can’t fault my dental practice. They’re round the corner from where I live and you can always get an appointment. They‘ve kept going throughout the pandemic and their Covid arrangements to keep everyone safe are superb.

The only time I’ve needed to see a doctor I eventually got a phone appointment and then she told me to go to the surgery later that day. That led to a hospital appointment and ultra sound which I had ten days later, for a suspected goitre. Thankfully, an small increase in my levothyroxin prescription sorted that out.

Comparing the two, I guess a doctor arriving with the toothbrush would be preferable. 😉

My first sonic toothbrush was from QVC. It lasted until a month after the 1-year guarantee then died.

Then I bought a Philips Sonic and the different was unbelievable. QVC one was noisy and heavy in the mouth the Philips easier to use, I found out they did a smaller brush head for smaller mouths and I could get around the back of my teeth. It lasted me around 9 years! The current one was bought I believe in 2018 from Boots again, I was around £100 but, on offer at less than £50 well, £49! I remember a friend said just use a normal manual one. I was outraged at the thought! :eek:

I buy bamboo or wooden toothbrushes, after three months they get broken up & put in the compost bin.

My first sonic toothbrush was from QVC. It lasted until a month after the 1-year guarantee then died.

Then I bought a Philips Sonic and the different was unbelievable. QVC one was noisy and heavy in the mouth the Philips easier to use, I found out they did a smaller brush head for smaller mouths and I could get around the back of my teeth. It lasted me around 9 years! The current one was bought I believe in 2018 from Boots again, I was around £100 but, on offer at less than £50 well, £49! I remember a friend said just use a normal manual one. I was outraged at the thought! :eek:
I could never ever not use a electric toothbrush. Dont see the point. They last for years and do a fantastic job and you can always get a good deal.

Latest posts

Back