Angry 3 Mobile customer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Morning everyone.

Has anyone ever had a problem, or had to make a complaint, with 3 Mobile.

My Blackberry recently developed an intermittent problem with its touchpad whereby it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. I decided to take it to my local 3 store and they said it sometimes happens and offered to send it off for repair. Apart from this problem, everything else was working perfectly. They gave me a standby phone for while it was away.

Off it went and, about a fortnight later, I got a letter from 3 saying it was not repairable as there were signs of liquid damage. I went in to the store to pick it up expecting it to be at least in the same condition as when I left it. However, when I turned it on and all I got was a blank white screen. Nothing was working. They said it may need recharging. I took it away, not believing this theory, and charged it up. Still the blank white screen!

The next day, I went back in with my daughter (who's far more bolshie than me!) and we put it to them that it was inoperable whereas it had been 99% operable when I brought it in. They said we had "been lied to" about the liquid damage as the phone is colour coded at the back to signify whether or not liquid damage had happened, and it indicated that it was fine. They offered to send it off again and then, yesterday 3 Customer Services called to confirm that it was not repairable. I asked if they were going to about replacing the phone which they had destroyed but all I got was a polite robot who simply kept apologising but not offering any further help apart from me buying a new phone or arranging an early upgrade for which I would have to pay a fee.

I may have missed something here but I'm ****** livid with 3 and intend to write to their CEO, and have also Twittered BBC Watchdog to see if they have had any complaints about 3.

I'll wait to see what develops!

Sorry this is a bit of a long winded rant but I feel better now!

Cheers.

Mike

Don't know about 3 but liquid damage is a common rejection for repair. Although there is a single visible indicator in the battery compartment, there are (I believe) another two within the unit. Liquid damage is a bit of a misnomer - it includes humidity from being in a jacket pocket i.e. sweat rather than being dropped down the toilet.

BTW, do 3 use Annova as the repair company? It's a regular topic over at the o2 forums.

Also, one of the other resolutions they do is upgrade the software operating system. I suspect they may have done that hence the white screen. It may be recoverable so take a look over at Crackberry.com forums for ideas, but I stress, that's not the point!

Thanks very much Sheepdog. Interesting information. I asked the 3 store who does their repairs. They had to call another branch but found out that 3 do their own.

Latest posts

Back