Anyone buy the G-Tech sweeper TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosielinks

Registered Shopper
Ok. I admit it - I fell for the hype and decided that another small hoover-type thing would be just the thing to help with the domestic load. I was taken in because it was lightweight and didn't need a bag.

When it arrived I showed it to my cleaner, who just said "That's for you. I like power". Not impressed at all.

Dear OH was disgusted and actually laughed at it.

It is still charging but I have had a few goes. I am just hoping that it picks up a bit more power. It is a bit weedy at present.

Is anyone else impressed? Have I just hoovered too quickly?

I have a ewbank cordless sweeper I got from Argos years ago. Its OK for what it is but no it doesnt have that much power, its fine for quick clean ups but nothing more. I do use it a lot though I thought about the TSV one but my old ewbank is working and in my new "dont buy it unless you need it" mode I passed

I have the previous model and it's v good compared with the "swivel sweeper" even Mr Akimbo concedes it was a good buy. I only use it for a quick tickle around between proper vacuuming but it copes with the bunny fur from our house rabbits and also DD's long hair. Give it a chance: let your cleaner do the heavy cleaning and just catch crumbs etc with the Gtech :cheeky:

Jude xx

I have the 'old' version - the green one which was recommended on here by Graham ages ago. It is fab. I use it everyday to clean downstairs then just put the Henry around once or twice a week. The reviews on the newer ones are never that good.

Also the gtech customer service is second to none. When my kids broke the handle on mine they replaced it very quickly free of charge.

I have a gtech - not the green one, but the previous tsv with a light. I love it as it does what it should. It is not a hoover, but it is not as noisy and it does not disturb the cats. Major priority! I use it in the kitchen - it is my little friend...

Thanks everybody. I'm going to take advantage of the money back guarantee and give it a good road test. Have a Mr Henry and it's just a bit of a pain to get out and lift up the stairs for just "little touch ups".
Also like the idea you can see what you have hoovered\swept up.

Rose xx

I've got the green two speed one. It's OK for spills in the kitchen but I don't find it much use with dog's hair, it just seems to throw it back out. Perhaps my dogs just have the wrong type of hair!!

Hiya

I have ordered this but it's not come yet. I have always had a sweeper for a quick whizz round between hoovering - I have cats who like to leave their fur everywhere.

I don't see it as a replacement for the Hoover, but they do always do a good enough job to give the carpet another few days of looking half decent between the vacuums.

I'm not a great fan of re-chargeable cleaning products, they never seem to have the power of something that's constantly plugged into the mains. My problem is the stairs, they are impossible to clean with a regular vacuum cleaner, even a cylinder type, just to big and bulky to sit on any of the stairs and the hose isn't long enough to reach right down to the bottom. I've tried your Black and Decker rechargable types but you just can't get anything that isn't big and obvious up with them, and what's more they're ****** hard work. I have recently bought a mains operated handheld vac for the purpose and it's great, but I wouldn't want to try and hoover the whole flat with it. Carpet sweepers are useless in my place as I have very long hair which always gets tangled round the roller and ruins the machine in no time at all.

Uprights are no good you just can't get right into the corners with them, and the attatchments are always a faff and never quite reach where you want them to, and they're all ridiculously noisy. The main vacuum I have is brilliant, it's a Samsung "silent" cylinder cleaner, it has good suction and is whisper quiet, I also have pets who are terrified by the sound of a regular hoover.

To be honest if I want to do a quick touch up between hoovering, I use a good old dustpan and brush!

Latest posts

Back