Appropriate sizes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Springflower

Registered Shopper
Have just watched the re run of Anthony Fashion Designs. Can anybody please tell mr why, why why why WHY must they put a girl with more curves in a top at least two sizes too small. The slender dark haired girl displayed a teeshirt which flowed whilst the more voluptous blond wore one which clung everywhere dispite her support garment which was on show owing to the tees tight fit.

I noticed that too, Springflower. The top did the model no favours at all. My figure is similar to that of the model and the size they put on her was so unflattering that it would put me off buying.

Another gripe I have is that sometimes when there are colour options, they seem to put the model in the same colour that the presenter/guest is wearing. As you get a better idea of how a colour would suit you if you see it on a person rather than just the hanger, I really don't think that it would take that much effort to ensure that the presenter wears a different colour to the one they know the model will be wearing.

I watched that re-run. The bigger girl should have been put in the black top. She did look awful in the white. Should have at least gone up a size.

It even happened in the Dreamkeeper collection earlier - the model Jane (who is Catherine's Mum) had a fitted jacket on that she was literally squeezed into. Surely when they look at the monitor (like they do countless times) they should see the result and that should be enough to stop them saying what outsize number she is, as no self respecting curvy girl would want to look like that !

There was a new plus size model on Dream Keeper wearing a short fitted glittery jacket that was quite gathered from the waist ...not a style I would have said flattered plus sizes but then to ad insult to injury the jacket fell short about 5 inches from being able to be buttoned ..she stood next to a slim model with jacket buttoned up which made it all the more obvious!!
The really do fall short on pre planning getting the right sizes in the studio for the shows but then again pre planning doesn` seem to matter as we often see when they don`t have sizes to hand ...and don`t seem to care either..."just order you normal size" ......paying a fortune out in P&P only to find out that the sizes aren`t `normal` at all!!!

i agree - thought exactly the same with the white tee shirt. it made it look transparent - surely the designer must cringe inwardly when they trot that out. as with the shoes i mentioned in the 'feet' thread, gawd knows who they've got dressing the models behind the scenes. whoever it is, they need to get rid of them pronto.

So right about the stylist, sometimes they make the models look plain silly ..that plant pot hat needs binning for a start ..never seen any like that in the shops for many a year, not in my neck of thewoods anyway!!

same with those shiny "faux wet-look leather" trousers on Diane Gilman's Sat show - they were so tight that the legs were riding up to create horizontal wrinkles on the thigh. Also too tight across the "rise" which would be very uncomfy (or not !!!) when walking/sitting.

Linda xx

julia just said sophie is "our stylist". what was that we were saying about nepotism?.......

Julia announced on the YK show that Sophie was her stylist and for some reason AY also announced that (Sophie is in the gallery)on a beauty show,why do we need to know this ?
Lynn.

I thought the same thing. The poor girl in the white top looked awful. It was tight across her bottom, it looked very thin material because you could see her trousers through it and her undergarments. She should have been in the black.

Any lovely plus size model must dread getting the contract to appear on qvc - hence the different ones we see on screen. They get trotted out in 'too tight' clothes, which any curvy viewer will automatically think "gawd if I look like that, then I aint buying it ! "; plus being made to parade with stick insects, and the presenters making a point of what size you are, only makes matters worse.

Julia announced on the YK show that Sophie was her stylist and for some reason AY also announced that (Sophie is in the gallery)on a beauty show,why do we need to know this ?
Lynn.

the reason i reported in was because we'd just been discussing WHO styles the models because they look hideous. now we know.

To be fair, Sophie is young and sounds (according to her mum) "on-trend", even "boho", so she's probably not the right person to style clothes aimed at the older age group.

Putting nepotism aside, I would have thought that a TV sales channel would treat it's on-air models as their shop window and therefore employ suitably trained window dressers. I think they need to really improve the way they display the merchandise - not just the styling of the models, there's the issues with missing sizes/colours, items on the hangers being creased, missing buttons etc, poor measurement info, etc etc.

Unforgivable for a stylist to send a model out in a size that is too small. Same goes for clothes being to big, sometimes the models look like they are wearing curtains.

i'm sure this is a recent thing. didn't the models used to be fairly well turned out?

Latest posts

Back