Are they having a laugh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
On 29th of December Jill Franks posted a quotation on Instagram by Alex Box which is basically a crtiticism of the need to post. There are several hand clapping responses from people associated with QVC. Jill is still on Instagram and so are they. What was her purpose in posting that. These people have very poor judgement and even less common sense.

Maybe she thought it looked all deep & meaningful, these are Alex Box's words:

'I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , as Instagram will always shows you more of what popularly been seen it will never guide you to the smaller more interesting unique obscure or creative Instagram pages. One of The best way To get to see a more curated interesting selection of accounts is to start a new Instagram page and train your algorithm to just find what it is that you want to see and be very lazor focused with your choices . Hopefully as we have navigated a crazy time that has thrown a real need for depth and truth into focous the movement towards looking at accounts for there message ,craft, quality and substance of some ones art form will rise , less twerk more of the work' .
#alexbox #instagram #art#artist #makeup #craft #artistsoninstagram #influencer #work #meaning #love

Good grief 🤪

'I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , as Instagram will always shows you more of what popularly been seen it will never guide you to the smaller more interesting unique obscure or creative Instagram pages. One of The best way To get to see a more curated interesting selection of accounts is to start a new Instagram page and train your algorithm to just find what it is that you want to see and be very lazor focused with your choices . Hopefully as we have navigated a crazy time that has thrown a real need for depth and truth into focous the movement towards looking at accounts for there message ,craft, quality and substance of some ones art form will rise , less twerk more of the work' .
#alexbox #instagram #art#artist #makeup #craft #artistsoninstagram #influencer #work #meaning #love

Good grief 🤪
If I hear that word, 'curated' again, I will literally scream. QVC seems to love it at the moment - it's as if they're the ****** V&A.

As for the rest of that post... wtf🤨. 'train your algorithm'...

That reminds me of David Bowie who used to cut words out of newspapers mix them up and use the random phrases to make songs,

It seems to be just words plucked from the dictionary and mushed together to sound meaningful and intelligent- unfortunately it’s all Greek to me.

Not sure what it's trying to say to be honest. What does this mean?

'I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , as Instagram will always shows you more of what popularly been seen

Hopefully as we have navigated a crazy time that has thrown a real need for depth and truth into focous the movement towards looking at accounts for there message

Eh? Spelling anyone? I don't do SM so I'm not really into this. I'm more a straight talker. Wasted far too many hours in Council meetings listening to people talking like this, you know, as they wave their (note spelling) arms around justifying why they wasted half a million quid on curating a load of un needed crap for their department.

Ah, it's after wine o'clock :oops:😁

I have a friend who works for NHS and their Trust had the bright idea to “thank” all the staff (many many thousands) by giving them a couple of coffee vouchers. These vouchers were posted to every staff member home address and the postage far outweighed the cost to the Trust of the vouchers which some coffee company gave at cost price.

#alexbox #instagram
#art#artist #makeup #craft #artistsoninstagram #influencer #work #meaning #love

Good grief 🤪
Obviously this person has an inordinately high opinion of herself given all the hashtags, influencer? I've never heard of her.

Initially I read the hashtags relating to art as fart, fartist and fartisoninstagram.

Which I think sums her post up rather accurately.

I have a friend who works for NHS and their Trust had the bright idea to “thank” all the staff (many many thousands) by giving them a couple of coffee vouchers. These vouchers were posted to every staff member home address and the postage far outweighed the cost to the Trust of the vouchers which some coffee company gave at cost price.
I hope that when we're out of this crisis the current NHS is dismantled & what is put in its place is hygienic, efficient & patient-focused. For years there have been too many managers, too many 'business ideas' & not enough people who are prepared to deal with body fluids, unpleasant as that sounds, it's what healthcare is about.

But why would anyone think this post is worth quoting in the first place? I don't even know what the point of it is. Who is this Alex person who can't spell or write properly?
She's a make up artist & worked for Illamasqua. If you don't mind wasting a few minutes of your day have a look at this. IMO she talks a load of pretentious gobbledygook.

Thanks for posting that clip Twilight! What a load of ****, I didn’t see it through because those minutes of my life are too precious but what I saw was so good for a laugh.These people exist in their own little bubble and talk the same language because nobody will take them to task.My dear departed friend who was art trained used to crease me up in an art gallery when he would act through his art critic persona spouting that sort of pretentious rhetoric complete with glasses perched on end of nose.He was taking the p*** but could have got away with it unchallenged.

I watched a few seconds, which is as much of my life as I'm prepared to commit to meaningless waffle. I'd like to see this type of speech in full given to students to precis. They would learn a lot from the exercise.

Good grief 🤪
The grammar, thpellin', punctuation!!!! The post makes no sense!! Is cos she is thick???

Latest posts

Back