Returns & Refunds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lulu

Registered Shopper
Thought I would post my recent experience with TJC.
I bought two items, a polki diamond ring last September and a pair of polki stud earrings in December.
On arrival the polki ring looked nothing like the glittering example shown on the TV or website, it was unusual, had a little bit of sparkle, it was a bit underwhelming but okay. I wore it on a few occasions and on the last occasion noticed that bits of the stone were missing as if they had flaked away and there was a noticeable crack in the stone and it was now definitely a grey colour. I had in the meantime bought the matching earrings and on arrival noticed that they were basically rubbish, I never even took them out of the packaging.
I returned both of these items, with the reason for return.
The ring:
TJC tried every trick in the book not to refund me, first they said they hadn't recieved it despite me having tracking and a signature and time of delivery. Then they offered a repair if I paid for it, I declined . Then TJC said it was out of the returns period. Emails went back and forth for weeks, I had to restart the case several times as they claimed they had no information regarding this item. Basically they gave me the runaround, seemingly trying everything they could to put me off pusuing a replacement or redund. Finally I quoted the consumer rights act to them, miraculously I got a refund.
The earrings:
These were returned over 2 months ago and I had heard nothing nor recieved a refund. I contacted TJC and yet again TJC denied having recieved them, despite me having tracking and a signature and time of delivery !
I have forwarded the tracking info and reminded them of the consumer rights act, fingers crossed.

So folks beware.
The easy returns much spoken about on screen or the blurb on their website is nonsense.
I have only ever ordered 3 things from them and 2 of them were not as shown on the screen or described so a pretty poor track record with me.
The returns process and their customers services are a nightmare.
From my experience, I get the feeling that TJC purposely try and stall or come up with erroneous reasons to not fulfill their legal requirement regarding refunds or replacements, perhaps hoping you will give up ?

Thought I would post my recent experience with TJC.
I bought two items, a polki diamond ring last September and a pair of polki stud earrings in December.
On arrival the polki ring looked nothing like the glittering example shown on the TV or website, it was unusual, had a little bit of sparkle, it was a bit underwhelming but okay. I wore it on a few occasions and on the last occasion noticed that bits of the stone were missing as if they had flaked away and there was a noticeable crack in the stone and it was now definitely a grey colour. I had in the meantime bought the matching earrings and on arrival noticed that they were basically rubbish, I never even took them out of the packaging.
I returned both of these items, with the reason for return.
The ring:
TJC tried every trick in the book not to refund me, first they said they hadn't recieved it despite me having tracking and a signature and time of delivery. Then they offered a repair if I paid for it, I declined . Then TJC said it was out of the returns period. Emails went back and forth for weeks, I had to restart the case several times as they claimed they had no information regarding this item. Basically they gave me the runaround, seemingly trying everything they could to put me off pusuing a replacement or redund. Finally I quoted the consumer rights act to them, miraculously I got a refund.
The earrings:
These were returned over 2 months ago and I had heard nothing nor recieved a refund. I contacted TJC and yet again TJC denied having recieved them, despite me having tracking and a signature and time of delivery !
I have forwarded the tracking info and reminded them of the consumer rights act, fingers crossed.

So folks beware.
The easy returns much spoken about on screen or the blurb on their website is nonsense.
I have only ever ordered 3 things from them and 2 of them were not as shown on the screen or described so a pretty poor track record with me.
The returns process and their customers services are a nightmare.
From my experience, I get the feeling that TJC purposely try and stall or come up with erroneous reasons to not fulfill their legal requirement regarding refunds or replacements, perhaps hoping you will give up ?
Agree, I have had some difficult times with them. They even lost an order on me before it left the warehouse. As regards a price promise, you literally have to prove to them an item was sold at a lower price, unlike Gemporia who have no issue offering credit or a price promise

Latest posts

Back