As Its Beauty Weekend, A Little Reminder About Returning And How Much You Should Use.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would have thought that it was quite acceptable to send back an almost empty pot or tube, within the 30 mpg, if it's not suitable (and the presenters have said that you can) because, after all, they can't re-sell the contents to other customers once it's been used ........... or can they? :wink:

Why are they being so particular all of a sudden? It's not like they can damn well sell it again! All, I repeat ALL returned cosmetics products have to be binned, regardless of whether they have been opened or not, regardless of whether they look used or not. Although I do have my doubts that QVC actually stick to this.

Had I known this before the 25th I would have returned the highly overpriced Laura Geller 25 Shades of Baked. How bliddy cheeky of them! I would have been straight on the phone telling them to roll their letter up & then suggesting orifices to pop it in! The only thing putting me off sending that set back was the fact someone would just chuck it in a bin and I decided it was far too nice for that, I'll not bother having thoughts like that again.

I ordered a duo of J Williams magic foundation a while ago. One was sealed with a foil protector and one opened used and smudged on the tube.
I phoned CS straight away who denied the possibility but of course apologised and sent me the label. No, they don't bin the cosmetics, someone on here said that they received used L Geller compact.

How do you know shes going to say that , its only the 26th today :mysmilie_59:

Ha ha, I deliberately post-dated it so nobody would use it! If CH does come on on Wednesday and say something like that, I will be buying a lottery ticket though!

I will say things do slip through. I will also bet they do not check every single return no matter what they say.

With clothes(with these they might be out again, as M&S etc resell the stuff you take home to try on. It goes back on the rails), bedding and kitchen items they go to the outlet.

Just to add another perspective to this, there will be people out there who persistently abuse the system, ordering items, decanting them into different pots or sending back previously purchased empty pots. There needs to be processes to prevent abuse of any goodwill returns policy. Not everyone is honest, sadly.

Just to add another perspective to this, there will be people out there who persistently abuse the system, ordering items, decanting them into different pots or sending back previously purchased empty pots. There needs to be processes to prevent abuse of any goodwill returns policy. Not everyone is honest, sadly.

Absolutely agree with you, Dips, and that's why I questioned whether the people who had received the letter were serial returners. Such people really annoy me for their dishonesty and it's why prices go up for us all. But it's all the more reason for QVC to make it clear what the policy really is and not say things like "You can return an empty pot", as that just encourages the dishonest ones.

Although I don't agree with what Q have been doing, I think people who abuse the system deserve it.If you empty a pot and then try to say the product is not suitable then that is abusing the system. You know that something is not suitable much quicker than that. I realise the presenters don't help and will exaggerate like mad just to sell sell sell. But that does not justify abuse of the policy or dare I say it-dishonesty.

I think the 30 days is there so people can try a product a few times if they want, use up their old stuff first if they need to, try something on, send it back if they dont like or it does not fit, or if they like it wash it and see if it washes well. It's also sufficient time to see if a bag is useful to them or will just stay stuck in a wardrobe. It's enough time to see if they have an allergy. In fact-30 days is more than enough time for all of this. They should say 14 days instead, apply a fair useage policy to beauty products and say so on air. That should weed out the time wasters.

I will say things do slip through. I will also bet they do not check every single return no matter what they say.

With clothes(with these they might be out again, as M&S etc resell the stuff you take home to try on. It goes back on the rails), bedding and kitchen items they go to the outlet.

I received some Argh Bras (and they were!) only to find the white one had small brown blotches and a couple of short black hairs inbeded...yuk! They promptly apologised and sent label out, saying it had been overlooked!

On one visit to our nearby Outlet store they had a whole display of Cooks Essential Roasting tins, the majority of which had been returned, unwashed, they were filthy, dirty, greasy, awful...I mean, who on earth would buy mucky tins, for goodness sake? There were hundreds of them, well slight exageration, beggars belief that they were even put on display, wonder if customers got a letter then, or maybe they were from Q's kitchen demos after they couldn't be bothered to wash up :mysmilie_17:

There`s always a handful of people who abuse everything in life and yes they spoil it for the rest of us. We all pay high p and p when we buy from Q and I`ve never ever returned anything to them but Q really need to make things more transparent and not just the usual " oh you`ve got 30 days to return it etc " from the presenters. Those who abuse the system are the ones they should penalise, not your average Mrs Bloggs who`se returned a couple of items.
If someone pays £5.95 p and p to buy a tsv, uses some of it, finds it doesn`t do for them and then pays another £5.95 to return it, then that`s almost £12 just to find out LE/Elemis/Decleor etc etc isn`t good for your skin. The no quibble should mean no quibble whether there`s an inch left in the tube or not. BUT if that same person ordered 6 different tsv`s throughout the year and returned all 6 then yes questions should be asked.

[/COLOR]

I received some Argh Bras (and they were!) only to find the white one had small brown blotches and a couple of short black hairs inbeded...yuk! They promptly apologised and sent label out, saying it had been overlooked!

On one visit to our nearby Outlet store they had a whole display of Cooks Essential Roasting tins, the majority of which had been returned, unwashed, they were filthy, dirty, greasy, awful...I mean, who on earth would buy mucky tins, for goodness sake? There were hundreds of them, well slight exageration, beggars belief that they were even put on display, wonder if customers got a letter then, or maybe they were from Q's kitchen demos after they couldn't be bothered to wash up :mysmilie_17:

That is truly horrible. Yuck.

So far ive never sent anything back to Q, ive been a customer for about 7 years, I don't buy a lot but ive never received a faulty item luckily but plenty of items I have been disappointed with items but with the cost of sending them back, ive kept them begrudgingly.

From reading Q Fb its only one lady whos received this letter so far , she posted about it twice in last couple of weeks (may have missed others), so makes you wonder if there's more to the story than meets the eye. Of course with everything people take advantage of the system and spoil if for the others who are genuinely sending something back.

I think Q needs to either state on air that the 30mbg isn't unconditionally or at least send members an email or letter to state the ts & cs so theres no confusion.

Although I don't agree with what Q have been doing, I think people who abuse the system deserve it.If you empty a pot and then try to say the product is not suitable then that is abusing the system. You know that something is not suitable much quicker than that. I realise the presenters don't help and will exaggerate like mad just to sell sell sell. But that does not justify abuse of the policy or dare I say it-dishonesty.
If it's a product that they claim will give results over time then you might want to give it the full 30 days to see if it does work, but with something like foundation you would know it's the wrong colour straight away. If you buy a try me kit with small sizes then you could easily use all the product very quickly however sending a 100ml PCMC pot back empty would be taking the proverbial. A fair usage policy which is applied using a bit of common sense is perfectly reasonable because honest customers won't be subsidising people who abuse the system. However they need to inform us of such a policy and stop telling us it's ok to send back an empty pot.

I ordered a duo of J Williams magic foundation a while ago. One was sealed with a foil protector and one opened used and smudged on the tube.
I phoned CS straight away who denied the possibility but of course apologised and sent me the label. No, they don't bin the cosmetics, someone on here said that they received used L Geller compact.

So, along with crappy Customer Service, QVC have now added breaking the law to their list of talents!

Latest posts

Back