This could be a long one!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Q Returns are taking forever at the moment. They need to up their game or they will go down the pan.
I worked in an online shoe retailer and we had a complaint from a customer who had received a pair of shoes with a willy drawn on the sole. QC must of been having a day off when that order got sent out :LOL:

Q Returns are taking forever at the moment. They need to up their game or they will go down the pan.
I worked in an online shoe retailer and we had a complaint from a customer who had received a pair of shoes with a willy drawn on the sole. QC must of been having a day off when that order got sent out :LOL:
What a fab idea!

Haha that is hilarious although I would not have happy about receiving a pair of shoes with a todger drawn on it.

I work part time as a school cleaner.I spend half my working life removing drawings of todgers from desks and walls.
That’s what I do .
But in a college with a tough entrance requirement. 😬
Todger’s engraved into desks in one of the rooms the parents go into on open evenings.
I thought I’d left them behind once I quit nursing but they follow me around.
Nursing, cleaning , todgers don’t discriminate.

I work part time as a school cleaner.I spend half my working life removing drawings of todgers from desks and walls.
Todgers! T_O_D_G_E_R_S!!!
Ha Ha ha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That’s what I do .
But in a college with a tough entrance requirement. 😬
Todger’s engraved into desks in one of the rooms the parents go into on open evenings.
I thought I’d left them behind once I quit nursing but they follow me around.
Nursing, cleaning , todgers don’t discriminate.
I must confess to a fair bit of Todgartistry throughout my life.

Well this is certainly an eye-opener!

First off, thank God for the 30 Day MBG. I agree that QVC go above and beyond the distance selling regulations. They are not the only ones to do this. (Lakeland springs to mind.) Perhaps there needs to be some sort of disclaimer that sits alongside the 30 Day MBG that states explicitly that it is subject to fair usage and specify what this is exactly.

There is a world of difference between purchasing and returning items on a whim, and experiencing difficulties either with quality, or with the wrong items being received. Also, shouldn't there be less of an issue if the item is returned in a condition that would enable it to be resold as QVC are not losing money in this instance. Numerous returns of almost completely used products/unsellable products, I can see their point. That would be taking the absolute p!ss. Bottom line is that each case should be looked at individually.

QVC's actions do seem to be arbitrary. Okay, they are based on return rates and I guess something flags up on a computer screen when a threshold has been reached and then there's some sort of automated process to close the account once the letter(s) are issued.

At any stage, is there a human on the other end talking to the customer about the specific returns and the reasons why they were returned? It appears not. I know that in the past people have had phone calls, but I got the feeling that these were confrontational rather than QVC trying to establish the merits of individual cases, or otherwise. And I know all of this takes time and money, but it's a huge part of customer relations. Without your customers, you are nothing.

It would be courteous of QVC to inform the customer before pulling the plug on an account.
I too received a stinking letter from QVC threatening to close my account due to what was deemed excessive returns! Anything returned has only been rings due to their sizing being way out and having to purchase rings FIVE SIZES smaller than my usual size I purchase elsewhere. I have indeed returned other items which can be deemed as falsely sold and trades descriptions for not being as stated by the presents where ankle boots are sold as having a fur lining from the ankle right down to the toe on the inside yet upon receiving the boots there’s no fur inside whatsoever so why should I be penalised for untrained presenters who I might add tell us to buy N item in all the colours, try them out then send them back if you change your mind but no mention at all that they’ll send you a snotty letter if you do so. Upon receiving their letter full of false allegations I phoned demanding a call from a manager to discuss the threatening letter they’d sent me with a view to closing my account (I’ve shopped with QVC over 20 years) I made it quite clear I wanted. Manager to return my call with a full breakdown of all items I’d supposedly returned which broke their non existent no quibble guarantee. After waiting a week I received their call but not by the manager I requested but from a very irate I’ll informed snotty woman who had no information or evidence to corroborate the allegations of unacceptable returns I had supposedly made let alone what these said items were or how many. The snotty woman did nothing but talk then shout over me at the top of her voice knowing she was in deeper than she realised so proceeded to cut the call off. QVC break trades description laws, are guilty of false advertising, making threats and using bully tactics to genuine customers who they’ve happily taken their money from for the past 20+ years. Well QVC you’ve sent your SCRIPTED letter of unfounded allegations to the wrong person this time. This is now going much further to be dealt with by the relevant authorities who will deal with QVC in due course

I'm a PT school cleaner too although it's a primary school. I spend half my working life trying to unblock toilets full to the brim of :poop: Give me todgers any day. Much easier to deal with :oops:

CC

QVC actively say you can try it and wear it for 60 days and if you are not happy send it back. That’s fine if they are happy to promote that, but to then send that clearly worn item out to an unsuspecting customer is not on. I had paid just under £95.00 - including postage and I certainly did not expect a used item stinking of old perfume for that price.

I am very very reluctant to even order clothing from them now and certainly not footwear after the Emu fiasco!

The bonus is that I found you all lurking in here from this ‘event’ so I know I am not alone now in quite a number of things on QVC.
They did that with me once too after a series of returns. Whether they like it or not, they’re subject to the distance selling laws and as you can’t see, feel, touch or smell the item you are effectively buying blind. I’ve had some absolute horrors sent to me and, regardless of what they say, QVC know they send out used/worn garments. I had a Saturday job when I was at school (remember those 🤣) in one of the most popular young fashion stores at the time (showing my age now). It was famous for girls buying outfits, wearing them on the Saturday night, and then trying to return them. As I was only a mere Saturday kid I wasn’t allowed to refund anyway but we were made to smell the garments under arms and round the neck and inspect them 🤮. Any odour and that was it a definitive sod off you’ve worn it. The state of some of them you wouldn’t believe. You’d probably get attacked today for refusing. Worked tho. Faced with it stinks and it’s covered with white deodorant and perfume they eventually backed off and stomped out. We used to inspect it before it wrapped to make sure they couldn’t say it was done when they bought it. Thinking about it, they’d probably just nick it today. Wear it then flog it on eBay or Vinted.

QVC postage charges are an absolute disgrace. I think that’s where they make up their profits. Anywhere else it’s one flat charge no matter how much you orders they charge for each and every single item. It’s outrageous when you think about it. Anyone buying 5 items could end up forking out up to £30 in postage. Not a bad way to boost profits!

No where near as bad as your Saturday job - I had a Saturday job at Country Casuals, which is long gone now. I had to re-iron and hang returned items back. Some had lipstick marks on, others did smell of perfume and deodorant. The lions share of the time the Manageress was pretty much on it and would carefully check.

Another favourite was wedding season, buying hats and dresses and then returning them once the event was over.

I think you have hit the nail in the head with the postal charges. 😊👍

They did that with me once too after a series of returns. Whether they like it or not, they’re subject to the distance selling laws and as you can’t see, feel, touch or smell the item you are effectively buying blind. I’ve had some absolute horrors sent to me and, regardless of what they say, QVC know they send out used/worn garments. I had a Saturday job when I was at school (remember those 🤣) in one of the most popular young fashion stores at the time (showing my age now). It was famous for girls buying outfits, wearing them on the Saturday night, and then trying to return them. As I was only a mere Saturday kid I wasn’t allowed to refund anyway but we were made to smell the garments under arms and round the neck and inspect them 🤮. Any odour and that was it a definitive sod off you’ve worn it. The state of some of them you wouldn’t believe. You’d probably get attacked today for refusing. Worked tho. Faced with it stinks and it’s covered with white deodorant and perfume they eventually backed off and stomped out. We used to inspect it before it wrapped to make sure they couldn’t say it was done when they bought it. Thinking about it, they’d probably just nick it today. Wear it then flog it on eBay or Vinted.

QVC postage charges are an absolute disgrace. I think that’s where they make up their profits. Anywhere else it’s one flat charge no matter how much you orders they charge for each and every single item. It’s outrageous when you think about it. Anyone buying 5 items could end up forking out up to £30 in postage. Not a bad way to boost profits!
I think the same with postage. If they sell 50k of say Elemis TSV @ £4.95 p&p, that’s £247k. I’m sure with the volume per year that they ship out, they can negotiate an extremely cheap rate with their various carriers.

My biggest gripe is paying £2.95 p&p for a pair of Diamonique earrings, which is sent by Royal Mail with no tracking.

I have told this before. A friend when she had to go to weddings etc use to buy outfits and then just return and get her money back. So her eldest daughter was getting married, and I went with her to find an outfit, this time she went into a small high-end boutique a beautiful dress and jacket which was expensive. So did the usual, kept the labels on and wore it I had to go into town that Monday, and she asked me to return the outfit. I was wary but did, in the shop the woman said this has been worn, firstly is smells of cigarette smoke and also perfume. She got me to sniff and yes it did. Friend was a heavy smoker and heavy-handed with the Chanel Coco Mad perfume. My friend was outraged that the shop would not take the outfit back, I said perhaps if you went to them. No, she would not, and said she would never wear the outfit again.
I worked at Freeman's a few years ago and the girls used to say come summer loads of clothes would be ordered and after a couple of weeks they would all be received back.

Latest posts

Back