ASA Adjudication

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SeterPimon

Registered Shopper
It seems that TJC aren't the only ones with recent ASA adjudications under their belt:

This one is a two-for-one, with two separate sales featuring misleading savings claims. The second presentation - the ring - is rather similar to an old adjudication against Bid TV, and the excuse is rather similar: that the website and channel are different sales channels. For all the talk of Ideal World's sales tactics, I think it's the remaining falling price channels that often fall into these selling tricks.

I referred both of these complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority.

Hopefully it will change some of the antics on Gemporia - but I suspect not (particularly as I've reported them in the past for their claims of "we're giving this away" - which they still say on occasions despite the ASA ordering them not to say it).

ASA Ruling - Upheld

I also reported them to Trading Standards for taking so long to refund customers. Trading Standards confirmed that refunds must be issued within 14 days. Although Trading Standards did not confirm to me whether they had taken action against Gemporia, I've noticed that my past few returns have been refunded - on the 14th day precisely - so I suspect they've had a warning there too.

Latest posts

Back